Website development

Discussion in 'NE Fanforce Awards Forum' started by strawbary, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    This thread I would like to use for the planning of the website and logo info. I would like to dedicate a website just for the NE regiona nd the Fanforce awards. This would have update info on the awards and announcements regarding nominations/winners.

If someone would like to help develop this let me know. I would like to get a basic page up for this ASAP. I will pay for webspace if no one can host it anywhere :)

2. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    If you buy a domain I can add it to our web hosting free of charge. I made that simple site for the time being that I showed to you already. If you need other stuff done to it just let me know.
  3. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Terry,
    I would like to put pics of the previous chapter winners up there.

Perhaps a little highlight about their chapter.

Another section to just a pic of the awards and their meaning

another section for the nominees

another section for after the awards to have pics and such :)
  4. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Cool we can use this thread as nice stagin point. Section by Section we can start getting things done. I will cross them off as I go.

Section A - Who were the previous winners?

Section B - Do you have a picture of all the awards?
    Can I have a list of the awards and what they are?

Section C - Can I have a list of the nominees for this year?

Section D - I can install a phot gallery section on the site and the username and password can be posted here for people to upload there own pictures.
  5. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    ok section A last years awards:

Luke award - New Jersey
    Leia Award - NYC
    C3P0 award - Washington DC
    R2D2 award - Buffalo
    Vader award - Syracuse
    Queen amidala award -nyc
    Padme award - Rhode Island (idarii)
    Yoda award - Meriwyn and ladysith
    Liason award - Merlynny and hotgirl (501st)
    Padawan award - Pittsburgh

thats that section
    I can send pics for that tonight
  6. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    section B

******PRESENTING********
    The 2nd Annual NE Fanforce Awards

Date: Saturday April 21st
    Time: 6pm-midnight
    Where: Pittsburgh Comicon, Pittsburgh ,PA

All Chapters in the NE region will be judged in the following categories:

1. C3P0 award - (most talkative) This award will go to the chapter who has the most active forum on the FF boards.

2. R2D2 Award - This award goes to the chapter with the best website.

3. Chewie Award - This award goes to the Chapter with the best Fanfilm. This will be viewers Choice. The voting will be up to the members in the NE region. Please PM me a link to your Fanfilm where it can be viewed so I can link that to the boards once this is announced on FF.

4. Luke Award - Goes to the FF chapter who has grown not only grown in numbers by member count but has shown an overall improvement in their group as a whole.

5. Padme Award - This Award goes to Best Chapter Rep in the Region. This Cr must show strong leadership skills and overall great communication amongst their chapter and is an active voice with FF.

6. Leia Award - Goes to the Chapter who has been actively involved in charity events within their own community and has contributed to their Chapter hometown in some way.

7.Queen Amidala AWard - Best Costuming group. Goes to the Chapter with the best costumes overall as a group. In order to compete for this you will need to submit a group costumed photo.

8. Vader Award - This goes to the chapter with the best Forum Banner.

9. yoda Award- (service award)Our highest Award. This will go to the chapter /person in the NE region who has shown exceptional dedication to their love of Star Wars. Consistently has contributed in the FF community in some way.

10. Jocasta Nu award - Fanfic award

pics u cant go up yet (trophies not finished)
  7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    section C

list of nominees will not be listed until a week before since all the voting isnt in yet

(rsa's still have to review)
  8. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    hope that helps, I will email you pics tonight and also give u links to some others photos links who have the awards pics yo can use form there :)
  9. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Tomorrow I will be working on the site for the awards. If you can send me those pictures I can get that dstarted to.
  10. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    absolutely I got the old computer up and running with all the old pics and also sending new ones :)

I still need the 04 logo when u get a chance babe ;)
  11. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I got a domain name for the website today. It's going to be www.fanforceawards.com. Like I told Vicky the dns information takes usually around 12 hours to take effect. Once I get that going we should have the website up and running hopefully in full force tomorrow.
  12. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    you rock Terry, Absolutley rock :)
  13. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    r u all set to go on me sending you stuff?

Also can we have the fanfilm submissions show from there?
  14. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    The domain name hasn' taken effect yet. You can send me stuff though. Once the domain name is up I will have the site up and start loading things within minutes.
  15. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    any thoughts on showing the fanfilm from there for the voting? voting starts tomorrow I would like to have it up tfor the rsa's to view :)
  16. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Yeah I can do that, it won't be a problem.
  17. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    okies thanks. Do u have it on disk I will be able to have ? If you guys win I want to show it at the awards.
    How long is it?
  18. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    greencat has ours on disk. I don't actually have a opy of our film.
  19. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I have the powerpoint presentation basically done for the awards. All thats left to do is add the nominees and winners into it. Thats it... Hope everyone likes it.
    I am still waiting to hear if the lights in the banquet room dim or just shut off. Also if they do just shut off do they have switched to shut off just half the room?

20. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Hey terry how r things going with rebuilding your chapters website?

I know the awards site will be down for a bit since thats major work torebuild the whole thing :( sorry to hear thats happened to you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.