main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Website input needed please

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bunny, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    All righty, since I'm going to start designing the website (yay for web design!) I want to ask you all for suggestions and input about what it should look like and what it's content should be. There was mentioned once maybe having book reviews and I personally think that's a great idea, we can review books, games, comics, even the movies. I was thinking we'll need a list of the members, a link to this board, info about the LASE, we could also have a section for fanart/fanfiction.
    My friend, Lauren, is a member of the NYC FF group and I quite frankly want to outdo New York's lame FF website (http://www.swnyc.com), so I can rub it in :D
    And I'd really love for this to be a group effort, I can make the graphics and write the code, but I want everyone to be involved with the look! ::smile:: So, any suggestions?

2. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    That all sounds good so far. Maybe a section where we can post pictures of ourselves, especially in costume. Definately a list of members.

3. bossknopp

bossknopp Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    I would love it if the type could be over a photo of the death star and if you can put music playing like the imperial march.Thats my twocents.

4. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    I think that Flash would be really cool, my husband said that he will do it for us, ans he said he would help with updating. He is *Extremely* good with flash, and that would make it a little better, and the nicest it could be.....Brian and you should get together and discuss some ideas, he definitely knows his stuff. Let me know what you think.

5. tinkerwench

tinkerwench Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Chris is good with Flash too...if you need help.

Here's a couple of Ideas I'd like to see...
    1 Photo section of members who are into costuming
    2 Events schedules and summaries of how those events and meetings went.
    3 Links - to some of the best sites (we'll argue this one at a meeting I know)
    4 Definitley put in a guest book
    hmmmm... i know I'll think of more soon!

6. Bunny

May 24, 2002
    Flash is fine with me as long as it's not too much, you know? Some people have a tendancy to overdo flash and Java/script and it slows the page down. If it times out on my 56k then I get furious. LOL! But I'm thinking that something Flash would be really nice! ::gets giddy:: I looove web design! And so far I think the ideas for links and stuff is excellent! It really makes me wish I could sew me a nifty SW costume, but I'm all thumbs. ::shrugs:: I can't wait until we all get together in a new meeting to discuss all of this stuff!

7. Stephen_R

Stephen_R Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Nice idea above regarding the Death Star Background. I'd like to see a double sided web site. I.e Dark side/Light side. All the content would be the same just with a slant for whichever door you come in.

Hey Zam,

Do you laugh as hysterically at the end of the "Country Bears" Trailer as I do? (Ummmm......yeah)

I also love "Real Genious"
    (I drank WHAT?)

LOL

8. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    Flash is fine because it lets you do some cool stuff but also has great compression, so it doesn't hose the viewer's bandwidth. I have to say I hate websites that have music playing, so I'm not too fond of that idea, but otherwise I pretty much second all the suggestions posted here.

I especially think it would be nice if there was a section about the events/meetings we hold where those who couldn't attend can come and read some kind of report about what went on.

-John

9. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    To Steve- Hehehe ;)

When Brian and I were brainstorming for the site before, we thought that a flash intro would be really nice...nothing to big, just a cool little intro into the site....and using flash for the menu and music selections would be nice...so that when people are navigating the site they can choose from 3 different music tracks to be playing in the background.(Star Wars of course ; ) ) If you want to see an example of BRian's flash-work check out this link
    http://www.anthemboy.com

He did the entire site in Flash, and that might give you an idea of what he can do and what we all can get an idea from.

10. VLAmidala

VLAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2001
    My friend, Lauren, is a member of the NYC FF group and I quite frankly want to outdo New York's lame FF website (http://www.swnyc.com), so I can rub it in

watch it, bunny. if you'll notice, i'm not the webmaster of our site - if i were, you know it wouldn't suck. ;) :p

- bunny's friend lauren

11. Bunny

May 24, 2002
    LMAO!!!! I never said you were the webdesigner, Sweetness! You should be though because, yes, then it would rock. But no matter because our website will still kick the tar out of NYC's lame site! ::evil cackle:: But I'm gonna rub it in 'cause I'm gonna be better than you for once! :) YEEHAW!
    And hey! Stop stalking me! Don't make me stalk you over on the New York board ;)

12. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    hehe... fine, go ahead and code a beautiful site that blows swnyc away. :p seems like i might be first in line to be the webmaster's-assistant-type person for the line website, so... yeah. hehe. besides, you know how good i am about maintaining group websites. :p

i just DARE you to post at nyc! you could start a thread asking whether AOTC will still be running digitally at any theatres this fall, and then we can see how long it takes for somebody to connect the two of us. :p

and before this thread totally turns into the bunny/lauren chat session - hi, louisville! :D

13. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    Reading the reports, journals, and diaries of the folks who lined up in places like Los Angeles and New York makes me SO envious of you guys in real cities. I have thought about planning on seeing Ep3 in some other city, just because it's the last one, and just once I want to be one of the "Uber Dorks" who line up for more than just a few hours. :)

-John

"Uh, it's called REALITY, my friend."

14. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    ::scratches head nervously::

d... diaries? hehe... best that i don't comment on that. ;)

anywayyyy... by all means, if you can make it to a big line, you should do it! the new york line had people flying in from the west coast and europe. as long as you're willing to withstand a couple weeks of wind and rain, it's an absolutely terrific experience. :) and it's also a really cheap vacation, since there's no need to pay for a hotel unless you want to. :p

15. Bunny

May 24, 2002
    That's where I'm going for Ep3! It made me really envious too, but I lived vicariously through Lauren. But I know that I'm going to NYC for EP3!
    'Louisville Fan Force member says, 'screw it' and heads on up to New York.' Sleeping on the street... making out with a certain person ;)... eating some of that sweet and sour tofu... geeking out with about 100 other people. Although the Louisville FF *is* growing in numbers! :)

16. VLAmidala

Jun 7, 2001
    the more, the merrier... although if i say that too much, there's gonna be more people wanting to register than there are spots! :p

anywayyyyyy... you guys should all come. everybody should come. lines are cool. and by 2005, i'll have an apartment that can be the official nyline storage/shower facility. ;)

(hehe, bunny. hehe. ;))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.