main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i was thinking the other day of sprucing up the website a little more, and the thought hit me of member bios. you could each write a little blurb on who you are/where you're from/what your interest in SW is/etc. this way too if you do not want to be listed on the site you can post that here too. then the bios will be collected and posted to the site. is that something you guys would be interested in?

also, if anyone has any other suggestions for additions, revisions, redesign, anything - please feel free to post it here.

2. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    We could even post pics of the members too if there is enough room.

3. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    i believe there's enough room, we're not really using much space now as it is. it'd totally be awesome to have the pictures up .... of course optional. good idea ed :)

4. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Aw, man! That means I gotta think of something interesting to say about myself! :p

5. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I was supposed to make a bio for the Rebels' site a long time ago...perhaps I'll finally motivate myself to do it. It's a great idea, and pictures (especially the Halloween ones!) would be fun. :)

6. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I like Roseanna's idea! Can we all put Halloween pics? Or at least costume pics? It would make us all look so... "cool!" :p

And that was not sarcastic! I promise! I sincerely want to be all Roguish on the website! :D

7. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    yeah halloween/costume pics are totally cool, put whatever you like :)

8. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Seeing how everyone is scared to make a bio, I will go first.

Here goes:
    Name: Ed
    Fave SW movie: Empire Strikes Back
    Fave non-SW movie: Matrix, Tombstone, Cruel Intentions, and any John Cusack movie.
    Other interests Photography, computers,reading, sports, and stuff I can't mention.
    First time I saw Star Wars: May 1977 (Remember I'm only 19 [face_mischief] )
    Favorite Book: Dark Force Rising,
    Other Stuff: I am a commuter to the University of Rhode Island, freshman.
    Bio: Who could have guessed the magnitude of the evil unleashed on this world that fateful nineteenth day of March, ages ago? In winter?s final violent stand, desperate to fend off the advance of spring, the enigma known to some as Ed B was spawned. But to most, including the members of Rhode Squadron, he is known as DarthMoby. This amalgamation of nature and pure darkness took place in Cambridge MA, a small village west of the great Empire of Boston. From Cambridge, this unspeakable horror roamed the surrounding villages spreading chaos and hatred everywhere he visited. The villages of Cambridge, Chelsea, Everett, and Somerville were consumed by his fury. The abomination then set his sites for Boston itself, alas, at this time it was not meant to be. Barely a fifth of the way through his first score of years, his sworn protector dragged him away from his hunting grounds, to the vast fertile land known as the South. Outmatched by the sun and heat, this anathema of mankind hid, biding his time.He infiltrated the native populaces throughout the South, learning their ways and gaining their trust. The natives gleefully took him in with open arms unaware the danger they embraced. Years went by, his power and hatred going, until he was ready. In his eighth year of existence he exultantly returned to the land of the North East to unleash his havoc to the unsuspecting citizenry. Village upon village fell, the beast showed no mercy. Villages throughout the Commonwealths of Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York, and Rhode Island fell to his vicious onslaught of hatred. In his twenty fourth year, bored with the Northeast, he set his sights on the inhospitable lands and tribes of the Southwest. After slaying the foul wabbit, Bugs, (he should have taken the left at Albuquerque) there was no one stand in his way of total conquest. Four years had past when the villages in the Northeast began to rebel in his absence. Much was taken by these cowardly fools. Enraged, he came back to seek vengeance on those whose betrayal ran deepest. Once again, this abomination of all that is good sits quietly, stalking his prey, waiting for the proper moment to strike. Today DarthMoby can be found lurking in the Rhode Squadron, silently seeking those who betrayed him.

I think it speaks for itself. Come on lets see some bios people.

EDIT^6: Man my spelling bites!

9. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    [face_laugh] 6 edits total! hehehe

haha wow that made for some great first-thing-in-the-morning reading :p

10. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002

How did I miss that? I guess there should have been 7 edits.

11. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    here's another just to give a general idea

Name: Carrie
    Fave SW movie: Empire Strikes Back
    Fave non-SW movie: Lord of the Rings, Aliens trilogy, Harry Potter, The Last Unicorn, Farrelly Bros. movies
    Other Interests: Drawing, writing, RPGs, Apple computers, comics
    First Time I Saw Star Wars: Somewhere around the age of 4.
    Favorite Book: Harry Potter, Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, almost anything by Michael Crichton or Dave Barry
    Other Stuff: Proud Chapter Rep of Fan Force Rhode Island: Rhode Squadron
    Bio: I grew up with a passion for Star Wars and other sci-fi/fantasy. I've always maintained that the design of such films and animation/cartooning planted a seed that grew into a love for drawing and narrative. I've lived in Rhode Island all my life, and in 1997 I began my four-year journey through the Rhode Island School of Design, where I majored in illustration. I had always thought comic books would be my eventual career of choice, but after taking a few classes with a well-known comics professional I decided I had less drive and talent than others in the class. I enjoy character design a great deal, and if the opportunity ever arose I'd love to do comic covers. I graduated in 2001 and have had several graphic design type jobs since then, including website and logo design, and the most recent design work for Hasbro. I've been with Rhode Squadron from its first days, and I've loved watching it grow into the cohesive group of friends that it is today.

12. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002

How did I miss that? I guess there should have been 7 edits.

Lol!

Looks like someone is trying to steal my bio! :p

13. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I have started this silly bio like four times. Grr. It is absolutely impossible to think of anything interesting to say about myself. How bout we just stick a picture of me there? Pictures are worth a thousand words. Specially when they contain a plastic lightsaber, a Hogwarts robe, and white hair streaks.

14. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Darth Seldon's Bio

Name: Ed
    Favorite Star Wars Film: Empire Strikes Back
    Other Favorite Movies: Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Other two Indy films, ET, Jurassic Park, JP the Lost World, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Artificial Intelligence, Minority Report.
    Favorite Author: Isaac Asimov
    Favorite Book: Foundation by Asimov
    Interests: Star Wars, Asimov novels, Spielberg films, History, Camping, Traveling, Cycling, Hiking, Chemistry, politicsl, current events,
    Favorite Class: US History
    Biography: I was born in Providence RI, and have lived my life in Warwick. I first was introduced to Star Wars in Cirucut City when ROTJ was playing on the TV. I said to my mom "What's that?" and she said "Either SW or Planet of the Apes, I'm not sure." From that point on I was hooked. I travel through Europe every summer and my family also owns a house in Greece. And I go to High School in Warwick. I would like to go to Law School and from there enter politics.

Darth-Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.