main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Website, please read ASAP!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediToren, Oct 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Well I dunno if you folks saw the latest story on TFN Main Page related to the Episode II Trailers but Monsters Inc is still supposed to get a trailer as well as Harry Potter around Thanksgiving time, plus an internet trailer on November 9th for DVD-ROM owners. We need to get a website up soon so we can start advertising our FanForce chapter more.
    GNX Online offers a webhost package that I use for a friend's website for 4.95 a month, which is 59.50 a year. I say we figure out who wants to help pay for one year of service and we all pitch in equally and buy it. Who is in?

2. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I thought we already had a website? Is this one supposed to have more storage? What is the intent on hosting a separate website for our Fan force chapter? We already have the message boards on TFN?

Please don't think I'm being a glass is half-empty guy. I'm just curious as to why this web-host is who we should go with. :)

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I am in.

Basically, our chapter needs a website to keep everyone up to par with Nashville Fan Force. The message board is merely being used to gather new members. Our website will be well organized for our public and private members. JediToren can probably give you more examples of this. Also, it is a little more professional (I would think) when we spread the word about www.nashvilleforce.com than TFN's message board when SW2's trailers go live.

JediToren and myself are definitely open to any suggestions on adding material to our new home. :)

4. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    I'm with you too. About how many members do we have? As soon as The trailer comes out, I think we're going to get an influx of patronage. There was quite a bit of activity on Nashville's board on countingdown.com starting about this time before Episode I if I recall correctly.

As you say, the time to do this is NOW, before people get attached to other local boards. Are you just transfering the website you already created Toren? Or are you creating a whole new one?

5. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I'll pay my share.

6. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I'm in, too. Hopefully, I'll be residing in Nashville by the time Ep II comes out. I'm looking into some opportunities there. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

7. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Hip Hip Hooray for Steja!! Let me know when you are in the neighborhood! :)

8. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Thanks! We'll see how it goes...it'll be a few months, but hopefully the right doors will open.

9. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    The current website is at a temporary host that has problems. It's a free ASP provider so allot of times the server is slow or down or whatever. The forum is nice, but the URL is long. The website allows new members an easy address to remember. It also has an events calednar, a listing of all members and info about them, members-only polls, news, etc.

10. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    We need to get a meeting together soon, so that we can discuss payment for the website. Hama is off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I am also off Tuesday the 30th of this month. Let's get a lockdown on if this is feasable.

11. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    I have spoken with padmeamidala55 (Jennifer Henry) and she is in on paying for the website. Are we gonna meet for Halloween after all and go to that one really long Haunted House? Perhaps we could do it then, maybe meet at someone's house and order the hosting and then go Haloweening or whatever.

12. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    When we have the site ready to go, I'll make it a link in the upper right hand corner, and also on the FF South listing (see Atlanta as an example).

13. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Oh yeah, since we are ordering the hosting on Wednesday, who's name is it gonna be in?

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Go ahead and put it in yours (as long as you're not planning on leaving us anytime soon).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.