main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq WebSite Stuff: Member's List

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Apr 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    We are working on getting the list of members set up for the Web Site and think it would be best if everyone kind of personilzes it instead of having just a list of names.

If you would like to do this here are some ideas on what to maybe include:

EMail Addy

HeadShot

Bio

Join Date-date you joined fan force

Anything else... pimp your stuff/places/personal pages?

Thoughts on SW/First viewing/etc...

no more then 100 words please though. Space is limited

We would like a head shot of everyone or a photo of them. We will just crop the photo for the memebers page and the full photo can go into the gallery. If you do not have one I can bring my digital camera to the next meeting and we can take a shot there.

But everything else is optional.

You can post the info here, email or PM it.

Can't wait to see it....

2. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
  3. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay here is some of mine:

email: varza23@msn.com

Quote: Never assume the obivous is true, (will get the name for you later)

will get the rest to you later okay...

4. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Here is some of my info:

Email: hmonks10@hotmail.com

Quote: "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" - John Belushi

I have been into Star Wars since its release that summer in 1977. I was 13 years old and I was totally blown away by what I saw! I have spent the last 26 years involved in collecting, reading, watching this wonderful Saga called Star Wars! It has survived thru my first marriage...even though my Ex threw out 2 loose complete mint vintage sets of figures (including all of the POTF figures and 2 mint Blue Snaggletooths!) That is why she is my Ex! My new wife loves my collection and actively participates in my hobby! I am blessed to have such a wonderful wife!

5. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    jsut a reminder that you need to send in your bio so that we can get them up.

any questions please ask....

6. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

Date joined: June 02

email: mitchellnm@comcast.net

Bio: My life began when I saw Star Wars...just kidding! I've been a fan since I was 7. I remember Star Wars must have been a big deal, because my dad took the family and paid FULL PRICE to go to see ANH. (I think it was $1.50 a ticket then!!!) My family mistakenly thought I would grow out of my obsession as I got older, but the opposite in fact happened. Luckily, I have a husband and son who enjoy the films, toys, comics, etc. as well. I also enjoy the many other creative outlets (costuming, RPG, fan fiction) that George's little galaxy lets me play in...

In my "normal" life, I'm a CPA with a healthcare corporation in ABQ, and working on starting my own consulting business. My hubby and the kids (1 boy, 1 dog) try to go camping/hiking/boating whenever we get the chance.

quote: "Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exception of handguns and tequila" - Mitch Ratcliffe

I'll get you a picture later!

7. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay i forgot to do my bio....argh...

I became a Star Wars fan at a young age, 2.5 years of age to be exact. Of course I was influenced. It was also my first experience with the silver screen seeing ANH in 1978-the 2nd release.

I have lived in several places around the country: NJ, TX, GA, CA and now here in NM. I am not married and I have no children save a really chubby cat that I brought with me from CA. Oh and all my books... gots ta love the books... I read whatever I can get my hands on.

Think thats it... nothing else that exciting...

8. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    EMail Addy: Nazgulchick101@hotmail.com

HeadShot

Bio: I am 16 years old and loved Star Wars since the 3rd grade.

Quote: "Never give up on your dreams!"

Join Date-date you joined fan force: May 16th 2002

9. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
    Age - 35 :D

Quote - Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans that I have for you declares the Lord for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope and a future.

Bio - I grew up in Belen N.M. I attended U.N.M. I spent a year in Oahu (Hawaii). I got married. I have worked 13 years of retail (management and commission sales). I am currently working at Karl Malone Toyota. I have been a performance dancer with various troops. I love to draw and paint. I also love home improvement and interior decorating.

Star wars- My first memory of Star Wars was seeing it on August 16th, 1977. I was ten. The reason I remember the date is because Elvis died. I was a major freak when I was young but then I put it away for many years. When my mom died I started collecting again and found this site. It was a major Godsend! It is helping me get thru my grief. I also dragged my dad to the premiere of Empire in which I arrived in a perfect Princess Leia costume that my grandma made for me. LOL I love to collect, write fan fiction, draw comic books, and talk to my Star Wars buddies! I love you guys!! :D

Date joined 01-02-03 LOL

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    please remember to keep your membor info to around 100 words...

we are limited on space and will hopefully be growing...

11. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    EMail Addy - redgek@comcast.net

Quote "What is understood need not be discussed - Loren Adams

Age 28

Join Date Jan 03

Bio I was taken to see Star Wars when I was about 3, but my childhood memories concerning Star Wars don't really kick in until "Empire" was released. By the tender age of 12, I had developed an unnatural love for my vintage toys. Sadly, I destroyed them all when my Ewok Village was mistaken for a militant Monchichi training camp, a hallucination caused by an as yet unnamed brain disorder that plagues me to this day. Despite this, I was welcomed into the US Air Force upon my graduation from high school, and granted a security clearance, which I immediately began exploiting by selling Top Secret documents to a terrorist cell in Mozambique to improve my personal financial situation (and my growing collection of women's shoes). Naturally, I was found out and court-martialed, but sentenced to probation when it was revealed that I had merely given the terrorists a hard-copy list of cancelled network TV sitcoms (including "She's The Sherrif," starring Suzanne Sommers) stapled to a Top Secret cover sheet. Shortly following my release, I was picked up by the Mozambique terrorists for my deception. They, of course, demanded their $10,000 back, but I had already spent it on McRib sandwiches. During my captivity I was ritualistically beaten, fed one baby pea per day, and forced to wash it down with Lone Star Beer. I was eventually deemed by the terror group to be "far too stupid to properly respond to torture" and was set free early this year in front of a Page One bookstore, where I met Wook, Debeautimous, and an odd, yet fascinating fellow that goes by the handle of SithlordAaron.

Oh wait, that's waaaay more than 100 words...and none of it's true.

Nevermind.

:D

12. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Redgek...you may want to consider laying off the magic brownies, K?

:)

13. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    Yes ma'am.

14. debeautimous

Jan 2, 2003
  15. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    And don't call me Ma'am! That term's reserved form my mom!

God, I feel old now.

:_|

16. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    Okay, chickie!

:D

17. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    email address: bgmunkel@email.arizona.edu

Quote: "Tell those you care about how you feel now, or someday all of those unspoken words will echo down your empty hallway."

Bio: I first saw Star Wars when the SE came out, and I was hooked! I'm a huge fan of both the original and prequel trilogies, as well as the EU. I also love to read the novels and collect the 3 3/4" action figures and Unleashed statues.

18. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    thank you Leto-by the way, we will need a photo of you or let us know the next time you come to a meeting.

19. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Yeah, I'll try and did up a photo and bring it by the next meeting I can get to. :)

20. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    email: brotherhalo@comcast.net
    Quote: "Knowing others is Wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment ". ? Lao Tzu
    Bio: I've been a Star Wars fan since as long as I can remember. My dad was the person responsible for my lifelong obsession, especially with collecting and playing with the toys. I've also gotten my oldest boy into Star Wars, possibly unfortunately since I now have to buy him a new figure if I get anything for myself. But now at least I have a light saber sparring partner! My wife also enjoys the SW universe, though she may not admit it in a public forum. My alter ego is a webmaster for a local catalog retailer managing 3 different e-commerce sites. I'm married with 2 young children: 3-yr old and 8 month old boys. I like sushi, long walks on the beach, and my turn-offs include hairy backs and toy scalpers.

21. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    NightCreature@psychobilly-net.com

http://storm.kiwi.net/floor1.jpg

I'm a UNM Freshman with a huge love for Star Wars. Like many of us in the younger generation, my obsession stems from my father's fascination with the movies.

Quote: "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespeare

Join Date-date you joined fan force

22. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    Thanks for the new bios! and for any one who haven't put one up yet... I'm always accepting bios and pictures for those of you that don't have those up...

check out the updated Members page!

-lor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.