main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

website updates and other stuff

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by teneniel_djo, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    i'm happy to say that after some trouble and problems, my domain has transferred and i now i have 150mb as well as a ton more bandwidth to work with on my web site. yay! so i went ahead and uploaded zoo's pictures from the yahoo site to our photo album. feel free to add comments if you'd like.

there are a few things i'd like to tweak on the site, namely that banner, and i'd also like to start working on that link addition idea that we had a few weeks ago. anyone got any star wars related links? let me know. you can either add them to this thread or send me a pm....i'll add them to the page as soon as i get a chance.

i'm also going to start going through the birthday thread to add more members to the list. i know that we have a lot of new people that haven't sent me pm's about being added to the site. i really don't want to disclude anyone, so i'll add everyone that's posted in that thread. if you'd rather not have your name added or if i've missed you for some reason, let me know and i'll be more then happy to add it.

now that i have more space and transfer allowance, there's a lot more i can do with the site, thus i'd be glad if anyone had any suggestions as to what they'd like to see on there. i was thinking that i may also add a section that has links to the files in our yahoo groups site, which jgoc will shortly be taking over of as the administrator.

lastly, i'd like to apologize. this may seem odd since the majority of you don't know me at all, but the last few weeks have been very stressful for me and i've most likely come across as very cranky. i promise i'm not always like that! :) and hopefully the worst is over.

so if you have any suggestions or comments for the site, let me know.

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey, we've been so fired up, I'm sure our over excitement hasn't helped w/ the stress. No worries, we all have stressful times. Glad to see everything is starting to come together & thanks again for all of the work!

3. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    would it be posible to have a small smugler alliance header and then a few links under it?

4. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Congrats on the domain transfer.

If you really want to change the banner, would you consider using Grimby's banner that he did for the board, it doesn't look like we'll use it here, and I really like it and would love seeing it utilized.

I was holding off on asking you to add me to the members list until at least last Sunday's meeting just to be sure of my commitment to the group, I guess you guys are stuck with me now!

Screen Name: Obi_Wannabe
    BD: 11/25

Thanks again for continuing to host the site.

After talking to you the other night, you were definitely stressed, but much nicer than you give yourself credit for, I hope more of the people here get to know that, your presence is always appreciated here.

5. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    we could have banners for the individual sections on the links page. is that what you had in mind, chunk?

6. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I guess so ? I just think it would be cool to have a list of our groups fvaorite links , you are the WEBinator not me. just some thing we could add links to as far as new stuff and everday sites we hit for news & referance.

7. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    yah, that's a good idea, chunk. we could even make individual info pages for our subgroups that have links as well as whatever other stuff you guys would like on there....

8. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I used to run Imperial Center's link site, the Spaceport, when it was in full tilt and I think we had the largest collection of SW links anywhere on the web (god we had so many).

I can contact Jon and see if he will send me a copy of the link archive. I think I have them on zip somewhere, but I don't have anywhere to access a zip drive. He should have a copy though, and if he'll send it to me, I'll forward it on to you TD.

9. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    if we get a collecting page can it be done so each one of us can go in and update our own file of what we need or have for trade.

10. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    that would be good, jd. thanks.

chunk, at this point, i wouldn't be able to set anything like that up. i can look around, though, and see if i can find some programs that i could set-up.

11. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    not a big deal , we can comunicate those in the forums.

12. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    i just added the april meeting #1 summary to the web site and will be adding a list of the members attending when i get home tonight.

13. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Indianapolis has a similar special interest group structure to us, take a look at their website for ideas.

Indyknights

14. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    i've actually got an idea very similar to that, owbe, and if i can ever convince you to get aol instant messenger or icq, we may be able to collaberate on this. :D (meant in the nicest way possible.)

i've also been looking at grimby's banner and that's actually a good idea. i may just use it on the site. i'll play around with that tonight.

any objections from anyone?

15. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    nope go for it

16. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I'm sorry, DJO, I didn't mean you, I meant for other people to look at and get ideas about the special interest groups. I don't like the actual look of their site at all, ours is much better.

I'd be happy to meet in the Yahoo Group chat anytime, I just don't need any new logins or stuff that requires me to install sw on my PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.