main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Website upgrade and redesign is live!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obi_Wannabe, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I expect to still be tweaking and fixing, there are still a couple of things to work out, but it was ready for upload.

Let me know if you find things you don't like or don't work.

Or just if you want something added.

2. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I just fixed it so that when you click on the live chat (I moved it to the top navigation bar) it will use your username and we will be in a private rmff area.

3. Faceplant

Faceplant Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2000
    Hey Man, I just got a chance to check that out. Nice work!!!

4. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    sweet ! IM ON MY WAY BACK OVER THERE RIGHT NOW .

5. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Looks great! nice work!

6. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    be sure to register .

7. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    looks sweet.

But it's IMPERIAL Graphics-88 :p

8. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Is it, seriously?

I've been putting it intergalactic on the flyers, websites, everything etc. for about 6 weeks and no one has ever mentioned it?

9. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Don't think I noticed it before. But yep, it's Imperial Graphics - 88.

10. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I've always put everything up here for people to look at first, plus people have been looking at the flyers since before Starcon, so i'm going to figure that people like the name.

If you want to have a new poll about imperial graphics-88 versus intergalactic graphics-88, i'll abide by the majority opinion.

11. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Mk, will do

12. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Great work Michael!

I ended up entertaining this weekend, so I haven't had a chance to work on the Obroa-Skai page yet. I should be able to start on it tonight or tomorrow (depends on how late I'm at the office today).

13. Clockwork

Clockwork Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    Maybe it was just a problem with my machine (I'm on my girlfriend's ancient PC today) but I had a hard time reading a lot of the text against the dark blue background. The design itself looks great -- it's very easy to get around, and the areas I looked at were very friendly. Good work!

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I like our banner. But maybe by the sides of the banner, you can put an Imperial Star Destroyer coming at you with its turbolasers firing. One on each side should work good. :)

One last thing. Under the history section by the 8th Meeting Takeover of Country Buffet
    Planning Session & Mass Food Consumption 3/24/02
    , could you add in the photo that has me in there? I don't think I am in any of the photos, but that one at the Country Buffet.

And one final request. Could you add me in under the Members List?

15. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    The text should not be against a dark blue background, it should be against a 50% grey background.

Tim tried to tell me this the other day, but I didn't understand what he meant.

I saw it today, it's a Netscape thing, it works fine on IE on both PC and Mac, i'm checking into it now, it's about writing the style sheet specifically to accomodate Netscape.

16. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, I've stepped into the world of web design. Or did I just step in it?

Anyway, maybe by Wednesday I'll have a working version to Obi-Wannabe. Keep your fingers crossed.

17. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    i was just there chattin & i forgot to mention if someone can change my icon to my new one from E2- it was changed a day or 2 ago but the old one is back. btw- how much do i owe someone for all this ? ive said it before --- this is all to cool to be free.

18. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    the new top graphic is done!

*waits for o_w to upload it*

19. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    Sorry AHPR, the icon got written over when I copied over the files from the new version of the site on Saturday.

I have replaced it again, your icon on there is now your icon on here.

20. Obi_Wannabe

Mar 17, 2002
    I've made some modifications that will at least enable Netscape users to see the content, you can now see the boxes as they were intended.

The titles for the boxes still show up as black, since the background for the titles is black. Based on the research i've just done, there is no way in Netscape 4.x to change that through a style sheet.

In addition, there is a duplicate navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, and a list of additional functions and the copywrite info, Netscape 4.x users won't see those. Even on WebApp's demo site, these don't work on Netscape 4.x, they have obviously chosen not to worry about it.

Netscape only accounts for about 5.5% of hits to the site, so i'm really not going to change the whole design around it. Those of you using it can now read the content. I strongly recommend switching to Internet Explorer, most web developers don't even consider Netscape compatibility for new applications because it is such a small part of the browser audience now.

21. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    looks GREAT! thanks for the icon swap- you da man.

22. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I could use some help on the SA part I'm just not doing well.

23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    As soon as I get some feedback from Michael on mine, I'll let you know what I've done. I'm going to send him a first draft tonight.

24. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    let's try the chat, everyone online, log into the LIVE CHAT it's like the only chat that works when I'm at work lololol

25. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I could show you all mine if you want just dont laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.