main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA [Website]Valentine's Day Banner Contest

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    This will be the first of several banner contests I will be holding this year for the website. Please follow these guidelines when designing for the contest. The judges will be 2 FanForce RSA's and myself. I won't entering. I figure this would be a good chance for other people to contribute graphically to the website while having a little fun for the holidays.

Rules and Guidelines

Please do not include blatantly religious images. Banners with obvious religious overtones may be dismissed before voting.

Please email me (Rox) your banner entry by January 28th. Banners received after January 28th may not be received in time to be voted on. The email address is banner_contest@pittsburghfanforce.com.

There should be significant Star Wars content.

There are two actual slices I need. Included in the photoshop file are a basic shell of the layout that is not to be tampered with and image maps for those slices. Other than that let you mind go wild.
    Generally speaking, all banners should have a strong Star Wars theme. A banner that lacks a strong Star Wars theme may be rejected. The PSD file can be downloaded from our website here: PSD File

JPEG images are what the final images need to be, but your final PSD is also acceptable. Please try to find a balance between image quality and image size (in terms of kilobytes); many people who use our website still use 56k modems, and don?t care to spend minutes at a time downloading artistic masterpieces when they could be browsing our website with equally effective banners.

To see how recent banners are implemented take a look at our current website banner.

GOOD LUCK!

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'm a little confused by your requirements, but I'll take a stab at it.

(Do you mean to have the main picture fall in the "pink zone" and the extra part in the "blue zone"?)

If I can't figure out the specifics of the graphics file type you need, can I send you my idea in writing and a jpg file as a suggested layout even if it doesn't fit into the specific area? It would help me better if you said how many pixels tall and wide you need each "zone" to be. I can take it from there. I assume you want that as RGB and 72 dpi, correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.