main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Website, Would you use it?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Dec 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    If we are going to ahve a web site with a paid domain name then we ahve to do something woth it so its not a waste of cash. this was brought up last Sunday. First ask your selfs do you want a web site? Why? Are we going to ise it on aregualr basis? I see a club web site as a tool for its members to express them selfs creativly in astar wars waty. For example, one thing I would do is to ahe everyne have a space for there own Star wars bio about them slves in general and what star wars has been in there life. Also they would eb able to talk about what they do as star waers fans and shwo off what they do. Area for pictures, art work wrting, ewhat ever. Aslo they would talk about other interests and what ever they are comfortable sharring about them selfs. Its a way for all of us to ge tto know each pother better. The also would high light all club activities. We can also ahve a spot for any SW articles pople want to write or any creative stuff for the club. Those are my ideas.

2. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Hey Jeff

Might I venture a suggestion???

Why not start a thread for Ideas for club activities or something to that nature instead of starting a different thread for each idea you come up with?

I am not trying to discourage you from posting topics or expressing your ideas - what I am trying to do is get all the ideas into one place.

You may want to also write down your ideas and bring them to the next meeting (speaking of which - with the holiday and all when is the next meeting??)

I know we have discussed quite a few ideas at meetings including possibly renting a splatball/paintball field in the spring. Ryan and I have also discussed certain social activities like going bowling or ice skating. So a fund raiser and all the different festivals might be some cool ideas. As well as anything else you might have.

The website is something we all need to discuss at a meeting where the majority of our members can decide on what is best. Everyone has an opinion about a website and we need to listen to all those opinions. I personally am unsure if a website is a good idea or not. I have alot of issues about alot of things pertaining to a website.

I also want the club active - even socially - outside of meetings and Star Wars functions. But those things should not only be discussed here but also should be discussed at our meetings instead of meetings turning into a Ryan or Katie roast (sorry guys, had to do it!).

So Jeff, while I am not trying to discourage you from expressing your ideas on this message board, I am trying to get you and everyone else to also write these ideas down and bring them to a meeting so everyone can discuss the ideas in an open forum.

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    If you guys want I can start a sticky thread for you in here like a suggestion box so it always stays at the top of the forum. Let me know. would be glad to start it for you. ;)

strawbary

4. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    ooo... sticky thread! That would be cool! :D

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Yeah, go ahead. Sorry for all the bad typing. I did not proofread, obviously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.