main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Website

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Namaste, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namaste

Namaste Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    No Offense, but the Rebels website is not worthy.. a few things to look into and a possible offer (unknown yet)..

try getting a new server with no pop-ups.. www.freewebsites.com something to think about..

also i am working right now on a gaming website with some friends, they are the owners, i just do html, images, scripting, etc.. anyways getting to the point, if its a possibility, if i can work it out with friends, if i could get free hsoting, with no popups and a much nicer layoout, etc.. would you leaders want that? it wouldnt be for a little while, but is a possibility.. if so, IM me e-mail me or post here and let me know and we can talk about it.. Boston Rebel forums might also be a possibility on vB boards, not snowboard.. so let me know what you think

2. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I agree our website does suck!!I threw it together quickly so we could have one.Tony and i were supposed to get together and try and come up with a new one. he looked into hosting sites and I think he had a good one,cant remember the name of the hosting site.I believe we were gonna try and get it ready by the end of the summer.

if anyone wants to do Graphics or Images for the site thats great,the site is for all of us and any contrbutions would be great.

As for the furum idea,I think it would be best to just keep using these forums.Yeah it would be cool to have our own,but FanForce did bring us together so I think it would good to continue here.

Just my opinion!! :D

3. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Yes, soon we will have our own domain!
    We are going to use doteasy.com...
    *evil laughter echoes around Fisher College, scaring away the girls...* :D

4. Namaste

Namaste Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    heh alright cool, yea the free hsoting from my place wouldnt be available for another month or so.. i will do graphics also, if wanted.. and please do not get hosting from a place with pop-ups, they are soo annoying.. and if you dont end up getting that hosting, let me know and ill see if i can pull something off..

i had this one the other day froze my damn computer, it was can you hit the duck, and i hit the duck and it linked me to a site, as i proceded to close the site it triggers what i like to call, the neverending pop-ups, literally 9999 pop-ups attacked me and froze my computer, i was extremely mad.. so moral of the story, dont shoot the duck..

5. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Tony-stop scaring the girls ;)

Namaste(Ben)- thats cool if you wanna do some graphics.The more of us that get involved the better,just send em' to either me or Tony(Darth Dowe).

6. Malazaf

Malazaf Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I asked you guys in APRIl whether you 'wanted me to help with graphics or some flash stuff' and you said 'nah, we got this thing covered, its gonna look great my may 16th'....

Or something like that.

7. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    we didnt say no,all we said was we were waiting til after the Premeire to start on the site,if you wanna do some graphics,by all means go right ahead.

8. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    Pretty much it's like this:

Graphics -- Anybody who wants to
    HMTL -- Roy and I
    Hosting, etc. -- Me

We are going to use a frames page with invisible frames, and some Java Scripting and fancy stuff. Fun fun! Anybody who wants to help can! :)

9. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    I don't know Internet language very well.

But if you're ever in Turbo Pascal Neighborhood...give good ole TIEace a call!

10. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    If you guys need any help with hosting....I can help.

11. Darth Dowe

Oct 23, 1999
    We thought we go with Doteasy.com, because it's free and easy, and all we need to pay for is the domain name. I'm sure if we all chipped in a low amount (under $5), we'd have our own domain and we'd look professional. We'd even get a discount for registering for multiple years. I host my website and my dad's restaurant site on Doteay, and I haven't had any problems.

12. JediGrl831

JediGrl831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I wish I could help you all out here...but, unfortunately I'm a dummy when it comes to website stuff.

But, good luck guys...I'm sure it will come out wonderfully...let me know if I can help with any ideas content wise.

13. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    I think it would be great if people came up with ideas for the site,or even write some kind of article of sorts.Maybe we could add a fanfic page if some of you guys write stories!!

14. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    I offer my services, very limited services mind you.

15. Jedi Windu

Sep 8, 1999
    Does anyone want to help on my website...spark of the force?? We could use some help as well. We were the sixth biggest Star Wars website...so you may have heard of it.

16. Malazaf

Apr 7, 2002
    HTML?!!@?!?!?!?!?!!

//dies many times over

spare me the horror, please.

17. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    I'll help out with both web sites. I guess I could wrtie some FanFic...

18. JediGrl831

JediGrl831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    How about in addition to FanFic...people could start writing up little stories and memories from meets so that potential newbies get an idea of what actually goes on.

Just a thought...would be kind of interesting.

19. Namaste

Namaste Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Jedi Windu, id love to help you out.. what might you be needing? graphics? scripting? html (my weakest)? just msg me online or e-mail me or whatever ^^

20. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Beth- thats a great idea. If you have anything you wanna write for the site please do.Same goes for all of you.

other things we could have maybe a gamers review of new games,our own little siskel and roper on new movies that come out.

I'd like to try and get some kind of chat thing going to,maybe hold a weekly chat night to discuss things about the group and stuff.

21. Jedi Windu

Sep 8, 1999
    I'll get in touch with you Namaste

22. Namaste

Namaste Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    we could also register a chat room with IRC, its free despite what they mIRC company might think and its a small program but pretty cool.. there are also java scripts for this chat, so if someone stumbles on to the site and wants to chat a java script chat thing comes and up and they can chat ^^ might cool, im sure most of you know about IRC though..

www.mirc.com

23. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    I'll write some stuff as well.

24. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    the IRC chat thing would probably be a good idea.

25. Malazaf

Apr 7, 2002
    Anyone have the code for the boards.theforce.net?

We could just change the labels. ;)

IRC is ok, a little boring though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.