main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Website

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Primrodo, Oct 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Ok with the advent of the name I can actually work on a website. So I would like everyones input of what you'd like to see on it. Mind you this is not a "make it look like so and so's site"

What categorys would you like to see?

Flash Animations?

Advanced, basic?

What would you like to see on the opening page?

2. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Hmm...

Not sure exactly what we could put on a website...
    I think we would need the logo first before we can do anything with the website though.

Um... Possible additions to the website.
    1) Member page, listing of members names and general info
    2) History of the chapter (we don't have a big one yet but it can build up with time)
    3) Links page to other chapter sights
    4) (maybe combined with 3) Links to fun star wars pages...

Um all i can think of right now...

Matt

3. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Well in prep work...

a news section is a given, btw ;)

4. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I don't know much about computer languages, except for HTML, so I have no idea on that topic :) I think we should have an archived events/photo page though. We've been trying to get that up in Toronto for years but it just didn't happen.

5. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Thats exactly what I meant :p

You don't need to say...uh lets use JAVA script lol!

Any ideas like Photo page :)

keep em coming

6. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey, I resent that... we HAVE an event archive, it's accurate all the way back to July 7th 2001, with more whenever I or someone has the time and inclination to wade through the old forums and post the older events.

As for a photogallery, we have a small one right now, and the new and improved gallery version 2.0 is ready to go, just waiting for a technical issue with our server to be addressed, as soon as that's done it'll be up.

7. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Flash animation, and those sorts of things are usually distracting......IMHO.

Also, with the advent of a new, multi-FanForce site, perhaps it's best to discuss what is needed/wanted from the site. Also, are we making an additional site just for ourselves, or will it be only the one that's the joint effort with YJN and TLL.

Is this something that we want to use to entice others to join? If so, we should then have pics of meetings, and other things that highlight the fun side of our group and show why they should join.

Or is this to serve as a source of information for those in the community, and get our name out there for charitable work? If so, then we might need a more professional, and intelligent site, less related to Star Wars and more related to community events, our role in those events, and our purpose as a unit, with reputable references and such.

Or is this site supposed to simply have a lot of silly Star Wars stuff. (like having that "y-o-d-a- yoda" song play whenever some hits the site.....)

Personally, I would like the site to have a more professional look to it.

What do you guys think?

8. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Well the multi chapter page is for LFL purposes, with each individual site linked off of it.

Plans are in teh works to register and use www.londonrogues.com for all intent and purposes of having a club website.

I wasn't refering to flash animations, more of a flash based website. Many proffessionals use this medium, and I can give links to many websites employing this, if you like. It's just an alternative idea, as opposed to strict HTML.

Now upfront I'd like to say that I have plans for a very professional site, without *gasp* music in the background, especially not Yoda :p

The inital plan for the site is an up-to-date service for the club as well as for non-members see our progress and planned activities.

Websites are multifunctional, and therefore can represent everything, from community focus to group focus.

When we earn a name in London as a community driven group then we'll hav ethat on the site, however, we will nee dto show our own events, such as game nights, not only to have others informed and to reel newcomers in, but also to show the community, that we indeed have a close group that is growing and is fun.

All these can be represented in a single website, flash based, or HTML based. The options are large and many, and I intend to bring a good contribution to the group with this.

And David....that was no pot shot to you :p Although...... ;)

9. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    We should check out other fanforce sights and see if there's anything we like...
    Seattle is impressive
    http://www.seattlestarwars.com/
    (how do we create links here?)

10. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    [ link = www.link.com ] (Type anything here) [ / link]

All smooched together.

Seatle has an impressive one, most impressive.

11. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    > And David....that was no pot shot to you :p Although.....

Don't worry, I didn't take it as such. I should hope that you would bring a contribution to your group as I do for mine. And hey, if you guys want a hand with the site, especially backend stuff: PHP, MySQL, or even Java, let me know. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.