Tampa, FL WEBSTE COMMITTEE!!

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Sereana_Nightstar, Feb 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeeksGoneBad Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ok here's where I live...

1870 Wateroak Drive

(727)532-6100 (if you get lost:))

Basically I'm between East Bay and Gulf To Bay on Belcher, right across from Belcher Elementary... There's a Subdivision called "Venetian Gardens" Turn in there, off of Belcher, and go left at the "T" Which will curve around and finally end in my driveway... Not great directions I know, so if you want better directions let me know and I'll try to accomodate...

:)
  2. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Great!! I pass there often. My patient goes to Paul B. Stephens school and that is the way I go...know the subdivision.
  3. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay, so the website committee is meeting at Jaimie's place Sunday, March 7th at 3pm.
  4. Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Darrell is planning to be there and I guess I'll be his ride, so I guess I'll see you guys on Sunday too.
  5. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Great!!
    I am sure we can all learn something from the talented ones.
  6. GeeksGoneBad Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ok, all... Everything's a go... Luckily I've made it back from New York! Our flight was cancelled last night because of the fog, and we actually had to take an hour ride to La Guardia to get a flight out this morning... Whew! What a PIA! LOL :)

7. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Geesh! that was a real round about way to get home, I am surprised that you could take off from an airport across the harbour, but not the one you were at.??? Glad you got back safe and that is the important thing. See ya later today.
  8. GeeksGoneBad Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well, we did have to stay overnight, but ot of Islip there wasn't any flights in the morning, only the afternoon, so we took the trip to La Guardia so we could leave in the morning...
  9. Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master

star 4
    A small. but productive contingent of website committee met at Jamie's Sunday afternoon and the website should be up and running in a few days. We nominated Jamie to be the website coordinator and Mia to be assistant.
    Though not a web builder myself, I was impressed with the setup Jamie had for Website building and other computer work. Mia also had much to offer in knowledge and computer skill. Darrell had firsthand experience with the materials available sitting at Jamie's data command center. Marie and I rounded out the contingent with suggestions for what we have seen on other sites and what we thought would represent some of the chapter's need in a website, i.e. :
    1)a splash page with a banner representing our area and giving a brief synopsis of what our chapter's goals are and Lucasfilm disclaimer
    2) an FAQ page with frequently asked questions, where do we meet, when, how do I join, what our affliation with the fanforce is, etc.
    3) log pages with pictures for each of the interests groups with specific info relating to the group
    4) a club bio section with everyone's personna info a personna picture and a reallife picture
    5) a club gallery of events we have participated in from conventions, to meetings, to public photo ops
    6) a links page to other sites of interest including other chapters, convention info sites, and resources
    7) and a private message board to be used by our members for info that is specific to the chapter and maybe more personal than we want to share with the rest of fandom

Those were the basics we came up with that we can build from. Anyone else with any suggestions should send that info to Jamie (geeks gone bad)and/or Mia (kuroneko).

We missed Jason, who was in the clutches of the evil empire of Walmart until too late to attend and those who couldn't be there for other reasons. We would like to encourage you to participate via emails or PMs to the corrdinators or by leaving info on the webthread here or pick up the phone and give Jamie a call. We are excited about getting our chapter out there with the tools to help build our group and empress the socks off of other chapters.

MYFBWYA
  10. GeeksGoneBad Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I put up a quick "Coming Soon" thing, just to get the generic "under construction" page off of there... and I guess the best thing to do will be to come up with some basic graphics and layout for the website and have everybody vote on which one they like....

If you have any suggestions, please, let us know! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.