main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wedding bells

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Leia_of_Alderaan, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia_of_Alderaan

Leia_of_Alderaan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2005
    Disclaimer: Everything and everybody in this story was created by George Lucas. I (sadly) in no way own any of them. Absolutely no money was or will be made off of this story. It was simply written because there are way too few stories about Han & Leia on the internet!

Note: This is my first fic, and it kinda sucks. But regardless, here it is. To start off my fanfic career, I thought I should start with Han and Leia's wedding.

Wedding Bells
    By Princess_Leia_of_Alderaan

Han Solo looked around the room. Luke Skywalker stood before him. In the audience sat Lando Calrissian, Chewbacca, Artoo, Threepio, and most of the rebellion. "Man, why won't my stomach shut up?" Han thought. It kept grumbling...all the while doing backflips and sommersaults. "Maybe it's the rock of this dumb ol' space station," thought Han as he fiddled with his tie. Leia insisted that their wedding be held not on a planet, but in space...where they had met. "If we hadn't blasted the Death Star to pieces, Leia would've marched right on up there and had our wedding in the detention hall where we met!" Han chuckled to himself, thinking of Leia's determined personality.

Meanwhile, somewhere "backstage", Leia was struggling with the four billion buttons running down the back of her wedding gown. "Ugh," she mumbled as she attempted to button the buttons in that hard to reach place in the middle of her back. "Why do I have to be so darn stubborn?" Leia thought. " 'Get an attendant,' they said...but no! I just couldn't listen could I!"
    "Leia?" the wedding coordinator poked her head in the door. "Two minutes until show time."
    "Stars! I'll never be ready in time!" Leia stopped to think. "Could you button the rest of my buttons?" she pleaded.
    "Sure!" replied the coordinator. "Can't be late for your own wedding now, can you!" Leia sighed in relief as the last ten buttons were quickly done up. "Ready to get married?"
    "Am I ever!" Leia exclaimed joyfully. Her stomach was also doing backflips as she walked towards the back of the aisle. "Maybe it's the rock of the space station..." Leia thought.

Suddenly the music began to play...and the doors swung open. A HUGE grin instantly covered Han's face. There stood Leia, looking more beautiful than ever in an elaborate white wedding gown. She began to step elegantly down the aisle, with a happy yet elegant and reserved aura surrounding her. "Force, can she hold it together," thought Han. Slowly but surely Leia reached the podium. She smiled even more as she gazed up at Han's beaming face.

"Friends, family," Luke began, "rebels," he added with a smile. "We are gathered here today to celebrate the joining in holy matrimony of Han Solo and Leia Organa." Luke couldn't keep a smile off of his face. Han and Leia waited patiently while Luke spoke, all the while grinning, and shooting looks of amusement at each other while Luke brought back many fond memories.

Luke turned to Han, and at once his smiling face turned to a solemn one. "Finally we come to vows!" Han thought.
    "Han Solo, do you take Leia Organa to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to cherish, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, in good times and bad, all of the days of your life, until death do you part?"
    "I do," replied Han as he smiled once more. Luke turned to Leia.
    "Leia Organa, do you take Han Solo to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and to cherish, to have and to hold, in sickness, and in health, in joy and in sorrow, in good times and in bad, all of the days of your life, until death do you part?"
    "I do," Leia spoke with certainty.
    "Then," Luke's face turned back to a smile, "by the power vested in me by the Rebellion, the Force, and the Jedi Council," Leia smiled, knowing that Luke, being the only Jedi, was the only member of the Jedi Council. "I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride!" Han lifted Leia's veil.
    "With pleasure," he whispered in her ear as he leaned in to kiss her.
    "Lad

2. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Welcome to the boards Leia.

This is really good for your first fic.

"If we hadn't blasted the Death Star to pieces, Leia would've marched right on up there and had our wedding in the detention hall where we met!"

Why would I not be surprised? But it would've been a nice touch. [face_laugh]

You may kiss the bride!" Han lifted Leia's veil.

That was so Han. [face_laugh]

"The beginning of a new saga, this is," Luke thought in mirror of Master Yoda. He chuckled.*

Terrific ending.

I look forward to more of your work.

3. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005

I agree with the above post: Han would definitely say this! He secretly probably wanted to do this since the first Death Star. ;)

Welcome! :D

"Heart"

4. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    Lola64: Thanks! Personally, I thought the with pleasure line was dumb. But apparently you guys loved it. Maybe that's just 'cause I wrote it. Yeah, if it were someone else's fic, I'd love that line. http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=21779025 is the URL of my second fic, titled "A Day with the Scoundrel".

I_Heart_Han_Solo: Oh yeah. Han's always wanted to kiss Leia (from my perspective). Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the praise on my first fic, all! Check out "A Day with the Scoundrel." URL is http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=21779025 .

5. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I really like your two stories. It was spot on of Leia to not want an attendant, only to find herself wishing she had one. I'm so glad you like to write Han and Leia. :)

6. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    Solo_Fan: Thanks so much! Yeah, I figured that Leia would have been stubborn about even something so practical as an attendant. After I started reading fanfics, I just couldn't keep myself from trying my hand at writing some.

7. starwarsbeauty

starwarsbeauty Jedi Master star 4

Feb 1, 2005
    Oh how sweet!

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    This was really very sweet...@};- @};- @};-

If we hadn't blasted the Death Star to pieces, Leia would've marched right on up there and had our wedding in the detention hall where we met!"

that sounds exactly like something Leia would want to do...

Enjoyed this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    Kelia: Thanks so much! While writing the fic I was thinking to myself, "Why don't you set the wedding on the death Star in the hallway where they met?" But then I had to kick myself and say, "You moron, they blew it up in ANH!" Yup. That's right. I talk to myself. lol.

I am so pleased with all the praise that my fics have gained, and now I think I will definitely keep writing instead of cutting my career short!

10. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    A big welcome to the boards! [:D]

I always love reading fics about what Han and Leia's wedding day was like. I was dissappointed with Courtships lack of detail on that part. ;)

You really had the characters down. I loved Han's "with pleasure". Luke's yoda speak was a nice touch to. Very believable.

Nicely done!

11. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    MirandaFair: You (and everyone else) have made me feel so welcome here. I'm so glad I finally found a place where I can talk about Han and Leia, and people will actually know what I'm saying! I've been watching Star Wars ever since I was born, and it's our family "staple" movie. So of course I grew up wanting to be a jedi/Princess Leia, and it really sparked my interest in the characters. I just think it'd be awesome to score the role of Jaina Solo in Star Wars Episode VII. But that's wishful thinking.

By the way, I could really use a Beta. My best friend is currently acting as my Beta, but she really doesn't know anything about Star Wars, so she's not really good for anything other than spelling/grammar corrections, and I mostly do those myself. Any offers?

12. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I recommend finding a Master to help show you around the site and help beta for you. I found my marvelous Master through this thread:

http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/6734639/p1

Just follow the post guidelines. If you see any current Master-hopefuls that share the same interests, character likes, you can always send them a private message (PM).

The Fan Fiction Resource forum is a great place to learn and find betas. Good luck! Hope this helps. :)

13. Leia_of_Alderaan

Sep 3, 2005
    Hey, thanks MirandaFair! That totally rocks!

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I like the whole thing with them both thinking the same thing. Nice hyperbole in the right places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.