main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Wedding Gifts" (J/J, slight K/J, romance and angst) - COMPLETE 11/1!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by stickster, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R11

R11 Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2005
    Liking this story

2. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    This part ended up much longer, talkier, and angstier than I intended, but here 'tis.

I'll have replies up later this afternoon, as I'm on my way out the door.

Enjoy! :D

"Credit for your thoughts," said a familiar male voice.

Jaina sighed without turning around, reluctant to acknowledge the interruption. She'd just managed to escape the reception, in search of at least a brief respite from the happy, loud, and slightly drunken crowd of people. "Jace, you already told me the one about the Gamorrean bride--"

"Really?" The voice sounded amused. "I haven't heard that one yet."

Her eyebrows furrowed. "Jacen?" she asked uncertainly.

"Guess again."

She whirled around to see her twin grinning broadly at her.

"That's not funny, Jace," Jaina said, unable to keep the irritation from her voice.

The smile dropped from his face immediately, and Jaina noticed something terribly off about him--he was Jacen's height, had Jacen's face--

His eyes are blue.

Jacen was brown-eyed, like her, like their parents; the only blue-eyed Solo was--

Jaina swallowed hard, finding it suddenly difficult to breathe. "Anakin?" She brushed up against him in the Force, expecting a void or just a nasty trick. But he returned the gesture, and though he no longer shone as brightly as he once had, there was no mistaking his presence.

"Hey, big sis," he said quietly. "How's it going?"

She shook her head in disbelief. "What's going on? How are you--You can't be," she said decisively. "Anakin--you're--"

"Dead?" He nodded, amusement flashing in his pale eyes. "Check."

"I don't understand."

"Do you have to?" Anakin asked lightly, knowing full well what the answer was. One thing all three Solo children had in common was a need to take things apart, to figure them out, to understand, to deconstruct. None of them were good at taking things on faith.

True to form, Jaina glared at him. "It might be nice."

"Okay," he said. "Jacen and I have both learned a lot about the Force over the past few years."

Jaina waited for him to continue. When he didn't, she narrowed her eyes even further. "Is being cryptic a big part of what you learned?"

Anakin grinned. "Everything Uncle Luke told you about Yoda is true."

Realizing she wasn't going to get a better answer out of him, she gave up, a little irritated. "Fine," she said. But looking up at her baby brother, her mood softened. She pulled him into a hug, tucking her head under his chin and wondering when he got so tall, Do you keep growing after you die? "I missed you."

"I know," he said, hugging her tightly in return. When they broke apart, Jaina couldn't miss the familiar mischievious glint in his eyes. "I think you've gotten shorter," he said, raising an eyebrow as though sizing her up.

She made a face. "Have not."

"No," Anakin said with certainty, "You've definitely shrunk."

"A lot of things have changed in the last five years, but my height isn't one of them." Jaina couldn't help wishing it was--shrinking would have been easier to deal with than the things that had actually happened.

Her brother looked again as though he were evaluating her. "Change is okay, you know."

"Is it?" she asked, shaking her head. "After you died--Anakin, you know what I did--what I became."

"But you overcame it."

"Not completely," she insisted. "I still--I can feel it inside me. I could ignore it before, but now it's always there."

"What if it is?" Anakin challenged. "I never fell, but I spent my entire life in our grandfather's shadow. Maybe Jacen's new ideas are right. If we hadn't been so afraid of falling to the dark side, the war might have ended years earlier."

"At what cost?" Jaina knew what her slip had cost her--magnifying that by a hundred Jedi wasn't an equation she liked. She sighed and leaned against the wall, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "I never thought I'd hear you agree with Jacen on anything."

"Well, the main difference between us was that he thought and I acted, right? When you're dead, you have a l

3. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    mine

EDIT: Oh yes first reply is mine :cool:

Cool talk with Anakin there. Very nicely done.

And Jaina is pregnant already :eek: They weren't losing time I see. [face_mischief]

Hmm let me guess... the name of the child will be Aldin :p

4. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    *GASSSPPP*

O stickster, you made my day. I love me my HAWT non DARK Ani!!!!

fangurl check!

Yay for surprise pregnancy!

I was struck by the similarity to Mara's discovery in...what was that, Balance Point? Yeah.

*sigh* Oh man, did I need that today.

Thanks!!!

P.S.- O wait, I didn't actually review anything! So the dialogue was vewwy vewwy good. You struggled with it, yes? But I loved it. Though I can never have too much j/a dialogue.

Muahahahahha.

See ya,

Tris

5. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    :_|:_|

The Anakin and Jaina interaction was great. And he was so wise, but also still impish, which was nice to see (he can't go Obi-Wan this early:)).

I think I really like this fic because it's about Jaina herself, not a Jaina romance. And you're giving her a chance to develop and really shine. This makes me like her a lot more. Anakin is great too, and he really did grow after death, something you don't see often in fics.

I [face_love] the baby discovery scene, and how nice for Jaina to have Anakin point it out to her. His embarrassment was great, btw.

=D=

6. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Beautifully done stickster.

"I can't believe it. How did this happen?"

Anakin stepped out of her embrace, his face red. "Um, that's a rhetorical question, right?"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

When Jaina blinked, he was gone.

:(

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Anakin stepped out of her embrace, his face red. "Um, that's a rhetorical question, right?"

Jaina rolled her eyes and punched him playfully in the shoulder. "Not that. I remember that part--well, really well. I just meant--" Under her brother's expectant gaze, Jaina found herself blushing too. "Um, never mind."
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That part at the end where Anakin changes his mind was good. Very sweet of him.

Great update!

8. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    Replies!

princess_melissa - Hehe, I was in such a cheesy mood when I started this...but I guess some cheese is good once in a while :D

Jedi_Jaina_Durron - :D I really like their relationship, which is yet another reason "Dark Nest" has been kind of disappointing for me - the father-daughter relationship seems to die a really awkward death. I'm glad you liked this part :)

R11 - Thanks!

Chimpo - They weren't losing time I see.
    Hehe. Nope. I'm of the opinion that they started sleeping together pretty early on in their relationship, so I'm working from that assumption ;)
    let me guess... the name of the child will be Aldin
    [face_thinking] Aww, how'd you figure it out? ;)

Tris - heh heh heh. Hoorah for my...mad day-making skillz. [face_plain] Yes.
    And, yeah, the similarity to Mara's bit was quite intentional - the way it was described there was cool and weird and awesomely Jediesque, and I liked it.
    (And I'm happy you liked the dialogue :D I was a bit freaked out by it, yes.)

Inara - Oh wow your avatar makes me really happy. [face_laugh]
    I actually intended for this to be more of a romance than it is - it seems I can't avoid angst [face_plain] But yeah, I think I like it better this way anyway - I'm glad you like it (and Jaina and Anakin!) :D
    His embarrassment was great, btw.
    ;) I may have written in the pregnancy just so they could have that awkward sibling moment. Heh heh.

Lola - Thankee :D So it's good even without Kyp? ;)

FelsGoddess - Wow, those lines are very popular. (Definitely my favorites, too.)

[face_pumpkin] [face_pumpkin] [face_pumpkin]
    (Okay, I just really wanted to use that smiley. Because I love, love, love pumpkins. It's weird, but there it is. It's almost Halloween!)
    Next post...tomorrow? [face_praying]
    Thanks for reading, everybody [:D]

9. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Anakin and Jaina were great together. It was very touching that he pointed out her "condition" to her.

"Um, that's a rhetorical question, right?"

I sincerely hope so.

Well done, sticks!

oldj

10. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Nice update!

I loved the surprise of Anakin being there to talk to her. The dialogue was good.

The surprise of her being pregnant was good too. Can't wait to see Jag's reaction to that news.

Can't wait for the next part

11. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    great post!! I thought it was only going to be like 2/3 parts long cause u did parts and not chapters.... anyways

I loved it! I can't wait till Jag finds out.

I liked ho Anakin was there... nice touch him being 'there' and not just a blue hue or what ever.

Great job!

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    That really was perfect--everything it should be. Wonderful interaction.

He turned his head to face her, but his eyes didn't quite meet hers. "Don't name your son after me."

She blinked. "What?"

"Two generations are enough to carry this name. Your son doesn't need to have it, too," he said.
    Oh, I love that. I don't know why that moved me so, why I feel like that was just perfect, but it did, and I do. :)

Anakin stepped out of her embrace, his face red. "Um, that's a rhetorical question, right?" [face_laugh] Reminds me of Hapes and the "charts and diagrams" moment! Classic!

Jaina winced. "Your sense of humor might actually be worse than Jacen's."

Anakin looked at her skeptically, and she quickly amended, "Well, maybe not. You haven't even heard the Gamorrean bride joke."

"Let's keep it that way."
    [face_laugh] Love it!

"Because we have to," Anakin responded. With a nod he gestured to Tahiri, who was dancing awkwardly and barefooted with Valin Horn, a bright smile lighting her pretty face. "Tahiri...is starting to understand that." :_| Yeah...I'm glad. :)

When they finally made eye contact again, Jaina was taken aback by the sadness in Anakin's eyes. He had seemed so at peace while they'd been speaking, but now there was a nearly tangible longing written all over his face. :_| Oh, poor Anakin without his Tahiri! That's heartbreaking...but necessary. He was putting her first. So bittersweet.

"Don't have to now. You said it for me." Great brother/sister moment...

Once again, Anakin was the one to break the embrace. "Love you, Jaya. Tell Tahiri I--no. Don't," he said wistfully. He glanced into the reception once more and watched the small blonde girl spin and smile for a few brief moments. And so quietly Jaina could barely hear him, he said, "You'll be okay." :_| :_|

*sniff*

Is it too soon to ask for more?

13. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    oldj - Thanks! And, oh yes, so rhetorical. Heh.

princess_melissa - I'm glad you liked it :D Jag's reaction in the next post...[face_love]

goddess45 - nice touch him being 'there' and not just a blue hue or what ever.
    Yeah, I wasn't wild about the blue ghost thing - you can't hug a blue ghost, after all. And I figure, Jacen and Anakin have both been learning some cool tricks...hehe. :)

Jedi_Jaina_Durron - Oh, I love that. I don't know why that moved me so, why I feel like that was just perfect, but it did, and I do.
    Thanks so much :D
    Reminds me of Hapes and the "charts and diagrams" moment! Classic! p/i]
    ;) I love, love that scene. It cracks me up, and it's just so fabulously awkward. Hehe.
    Oh, poor Anakin without his Tahiri! That's heartbreaking...but necessary. He was putting her first. So bittersweet.
    :( Poor guy. Kinda sucks to be dead.
    I'm glad you enjoyed the post :D The brother/sister dynamic was surprisingly fun/difficult to write, I'm happy it worked out :)

The next (and final!) post just needs a quick edit and mark-ups. I've got a few obligations this evening, but I'll do my best to have it up tonight (though probably not till late).

[face_pumpkin] Happy Almost!Halloween! (again!) [face_pumpkin]

14. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    As always, I failed to get this up when I said I would - mostly because it's about double the length I originally intended. Ah, well.

Anyway, here's it: the last part. Thanks for reading, everybody :D Enjoy!

Jaina felt Jag's approach long before he joined her in the hall, slipping his arms around her waist and pulling her close. "How are you doing?" he said, lips against her earlobe.

She nodded and placed her arms on top of his. "I'm fine." She cocked her head to the side, reevaluating. Her smile brightened. "No--I'm perfect."

"Yes, you are," he said, dropping a kiss on her bare shoulder. He turned her around and looked at her curiously. "The man with whom you were speaking a moment ago--was that Jacen?"

Jaina glanced away, back toward where her brother had stood only moments before. She wasn't sure how to tell Jag what had happened--she was having a hard enough time explaining it to herself. "Kind of," she hedged.

"How could it be kind of Jacen?" her husband asked, amusement evident in his voice.

She sighed. "Because it was Jacen. But also--something more."

Jag blinked. "What do you mean?"

"Jacen's learned a lot about the Force while he's been away," Jaina said, still in a state of near-disbelief herself. "And he learned how to--I don't know, exactly, but channel the dead, or something, at least if they're strong enough to come back..."

"So that was--Anakin?" Jag asked carefully.

"Yeah." Jaina bit her lip, unable to meet Jag's eyes for fear of breaking down. "He made it back."

"Jaina," he said, reaching out one hand to cup her cheek. His green eyes searched her brown ones with a tenderness that surprised her even now: the comfort and peace she took from them was something she had never expected to find. "Are you all right?"

She nodded again and wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning against his chest. Even after five years, it was still a strange sensation to lean into someone completely, Jaina thought. When Jag held her like this, with his strong arms the only thing keeping her standing, all of the weight she carried disappeared--the weight of being a Jedi, a Skywalker, a pilot; all of it turned to nothing. And she was just Jaina.

Jag pulled back and looked at her questioningly. Blushing, she realized she had spoken her last thoughts aloud, and stumbled to articulate them. "I was just thinking about how when I'm with you...I don't have to be anything. I can just be Jaina, and that's okay. You don't mind."

He leaned down to kiss her gently. "It's not just okay, Jaina," he said. "You're all I want. That's why we're here, remember?"

"That's a pretty romantic statement coming from a Chiss," Jaina teased.

"Beneath my icy exterior beats the heart of a true Corellian," he retorted.

Standing up on her toes to come nearly face-to-face with him, she said, "You don't have to tell me, flyboy."

Jag leaned down for another light kiss, reluctantly pulling away when Jaina tried to deepen it. She groaned. "The only Corellian who won't kiss his wife at their wedding."

"This isn't really the place for such displays," he pointed out.

She smirked. "So if I find a conference room, I should let you know?"

He just gave her a look, and she had to admit he was right. There were enough dignitaries and politicians around that someone would undoubtedly stumble upon the couple if they dared to exchange more than a chaste kiss. Jaina sighed, entwined her fingers with his, and gave him a slightly resigned-looking lopsided grin.

Jag's half-smile reappeared as he examined their clasped hands, their matching silver wedding bands reflecting the light. "So," he said conversationally, trying hard to keep the worry and confusion--and maybe just a small amount of jealousy--from his voice, "Anakin came back for the wedding?"

"It wasn't just that. He wanted to ask me a favor."

Jag sighed inwardly, though he kept his face blank. It seemed to him that the living asked more than enough of her already--the dead, he thought, should solve their own pr

15. goddess45

goddess45 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    mine

edit- hehe I wanted the last first post/ reply (that sounds so weird)

ok on to the reply i wanted so much!

I loved it... the entire story/ idea... it was great.

cute last chapter....I loved it! (I can't say it enough but i really did) It was so well written and everything

Great job!

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    You are truly talented, stickster. I feel blessed by your stories. :)

As adament of a K/Jer as I am, this post was still lovely. ;)

And she was just Jaina. Makes me like Jag, if he can give her that. Being all things to all people is extremely difficult; everyone needs someone they can be just themself with.

She smirked. "So if I find a conference room, I should let you know?" [face_laugh] I love the allusion to Enemy Lines.

She broke eye contact, looking past him as though a simple answer would be written on the off-white walls. This, she knew, was going to be the hardest thing about their marriage: that such a large part of her life and her history was always going to be foreign to him. That there was something so important that he couldn't really touch or understand. That is one of the concerns I have about the J/J relationship. With Han and Leia it's never really been an issue, because though Leia was Force-sensitive, she was not a Jedi (like you point out below). I don't know; if I was Jaina, that situation would concern me as well.

"No," she said finally. "Being a Jedi is a choice, like being a fighter pilot or anything else. And if he wants to train to be one when the time comes, he will. But this isn't a life I'll force on anybody." So true.

I also liked the very realistic little touch about Jag and his worries about losing their children; being who they are, it's a legitimate concern. Poor guy. :(

"After my father, of course," Jaina said lightly.

Jag crossed his arms in front of him. "You mean my father," he corrected.

"Ha! My dad could outfly yours any day."

"Not in the flying death trap he calls a ship," Jag shot back.
    Love the touch of humor, and that was just perfect!

She didn't have to ask if her brothers had worked things out: Anakin wouldn't have been able to come, she understood, if any animosity had remained. :_| That was such a great acknowledgement of the forgiveness between the two brothers; it's always bothered me that there wasn't any closure about that in the NJO. Oh, well, that simple line did it for me. :)

She thought that she had heard that phrase spoken to her in many different ways: tonight Anakin had said it sadly, her father had said it wistfully. Her mother always said it with regret thick in her voice; Jacen used to say it lightly and easily, but in the last years had hardly said it at all; and Kyp had said it once and only once, with a passion so rough that it cut. Wow. Yeah. Wow.

Whenever Jag told her he loved her, he said it the same way he said everything else: like it was obvious. He stated his love as a fact, irrefutable and unconditional, honest and uncomplicated.

Jaina thought she liked his way best.
    AW! :D

And as her presence mingled with his, all that she felt was hope: Jag's vision of their future, two black-haired children with Jaina's smile, quiet mornings waking up to the sunrise and each other's familiar bodies, holidays spent with their families on a snowy planet, the two of them holding hands in the cockpit of a state-of-the-art ship. Dreams vivid enough to be memories. For a long moment Jaina allowed herself to be absorbed in them. What a wonderful vision for the future!

"But," Jaina continued, putting her right arm around his waist, "it feels...special. Like it makes us..." She leaned her head against his shoulder. "You, me, our son, and a real ship? When I was a kid, the Falcon was the only place that ever really felt like home. And this--this'll be a new home. A new family." :D

Wonderful ending! I loved every bit of this fic (even if you did torture my Kyp; I forgive you. :D :p). =D=

17. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    That was just really really wonderful. I've got tears in my eyes 'cuz it was so sweet. Reallyreallyreally wonderful job.
    Jaina trying to explain Anakin's appearance to Jag had just the right amount of emotion in it, and just the right amount of... whatever it is you call it from Jag. He was perfectly supporting and he didn't disbelieve it, which I suspect most people would.
    Her htoughts on how he loved her for just being Jaina were so wonderful. It's all so perfectly happy and lovey dovey that I just can't stop loving it. :)
    I could quote so much of this because I just loved all of it. They're like the perfect newlyweds.
    I like how Jag was somewhat worried about the favor Anakin asked Jaina, and then the way she told him she was pregnant. So sweet!
    Maybe the hardest part of their marriage will be that he's not familiar with the Jedi bit, but it will also help keep them as normal people. It will help the kids realize that they have a choice in what they want to be.

Good (or is it bad?) timing for Jacen's arrival.

Okay, my absolute favorite bit that I had to tell you that I really really really loved:
    Loved that their families got them a ship- the perfect wedding gift from their families. :)

Really really really really enjoyed this whole fic, but most especially that last chapter. It was just so well written. I cried a bit and I was happy and smiling and just really really loved it. I had a terrible time writing a review just because there was so much to this that was just so well done that I had a hard time picking what to write about, and didn't want this to be any longer than it already is.

Wonderful job,
    Zetta

18. double_blade

double_blade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    nice...very vey nice...glad it was j/j...didnt turn into k/j...those fics never seem rite

ship does certainly fit the families...
    is there ny more

19. RenoaStormhaven

RenoaStormhaven Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2004
    -_-

I loved this part:

Jaina shook her head. She understood that much easily--being heir to Skywalker blood was burden enough, in her opinion. "No, I mean--my son? Don't you think you're being a little premature? Jag and I haven't even talked about having children yet."

Anakin's jaw dropped, and he looked at her for a long time before shaking his head. "And here I thought you were perceptive," he said with a smile. He placed her hand on her stomach. "Check it out."

Surprised and apprehensive, Jaina closed her eyes and moved her gaze inward. Everything was fine, the way it should be. Her heart beat steadily, her lungs collapsed and expanded. Nothing - but there it was. A foreign but familiar presence within her womb, so small she wouldn't have noticed it for weeks, but suddenly so vitally important that she was sure she must have known all along. Her Force signature and Jag's, mingling and combining to make something--someone, she realized--completely new.

"How do you know it's a boy?" she breathed.

Anakin's smile grew broader, making him look like a little boy; Jaina wondered whether her son would look like Jag or like her brothers. "Call it, er, brotherly intuition."

Jaina threw her arms around his neck, nearly knocking him over in the process. "I'm pregnant," she said, her smile almost painfully wide. "I can't believe it. How did this happen?"

Jaina rolled her eyes and punched him playfully in the shoulder. "Not that. I remember that part--well, really well. I just meant--" Under her brother's expectant gaze, Jaina found herself blushing too. "Um, never mind."

"Good choice," he agreed.[/i]

Good humor betweeen the two of them, and it felt like Anakin and Jaina. Very cute story. I loved it!

20. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Bravo stickster. Bravo. =D= =D=

[face_laugh] :*

Loved that line.

Whenever Jag told her he loved her, he said it the same way he said everything else: like it was obvious. He stated his love as a fact, irrefutable and unconditional, honest and uncomplicated.

One of the reasons I prefer Jaina with Jag.

And even if Kyp isn't in this part I still like it, I'll still read it. Especially when it's written this well.

Wonderfully done. I look forward to more from you.

21. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Jag leaned down for another light kiss, reluctantly pulling away when Jaina tried to deepen it. She groaned. "The only Corellian who won't kiss his wife at their wedding."

"This isn't really the place for such displays," he pointed out.

[face_shame_on_you] Now Jag, come on already.

Jaina closed her eyes, savoring the touch of his hand and the warmth of his voice: the way so many small things made her feel so complete. Awww. [face_love]

I loved the ending! Excellent!

22. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    goddess45 - :D It's really exciting to me that you wanted the first post enough to claim it :D Thanks! And I'm glad you liked the ending. :)

Jedi_Jaina_Durron - I made a K/Jer like Jag! ::dances:: Hehe.
    if I was Jaina, that situation would concern me as well.
    I know...it's one of the main reasons I have so much indecision about who I want her to end up with. Whether or not she admits it to herself, it really is an issue.
    And, like you, I really wanted resolution for Jacen and Anakin. (Or, at this point, Jacen and pretty much anybody, but, grr.) I didn't think I could have Anakin without addressing that issue, but I didn't want to spend tons of time on it since it's sort of tangential - I'm happy that line worked for you. :)
    And, er ::cough:: Too bad that vision doesn't last that long...heh. I felt a little bit mean writing that paragraph.
    Thanks for the review [:D]

zettazofia - Wheee :) Thank you so much. I was a little worried someone might die of a saccharine overdose during the last part, but I needed sap, and it sounds like you did too :) Hoorah for happy newlyweds. ::hugs Jag and Jaina::
    I'm glad you liked the ship thing - considering their families are all full of pilots, it did seem quite appropriate, heh. Plus it's something J & J would appreciate way more than, you know, the Star Warsian toaster.
    Aaaand I love long replies. :D So thanks.

double_blade - ::hides:: It actually does turn into K/J about eight years down the line. But hooray for this story, then ;) I'm glad you liked it!

RenoaStormhaven - Another new person! Yeah, I really liked that part, too (though it was one of the harder scenes to write). Thanks for replying!

Lola - Thanks for sticking around even without Kyp ;) Because, after all, he's like the Main Guy in "Shatter".../shameless plug. :D

FelsGoddess - Now Jag, come on already.
    Hehe. Jag's a naughty boy [face_love] Err, maybe that's the wrong smiley ;)
    Then again, maybe not...
    I'm glad you liked the ending :)

23. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005

[face_love] [face_love]

Fighting a losing battle of the J/J ship, it's the few stories like these that make me reaffirm my faith in them. Most J/J fics lack the introspective depth that you've put into your characters, but you have the awesome ability of getting into Jaina's head, confronting the mess that is in there, and still keeping her in character and likeable. It makes me want more!!!!

:p See what you did? You made me greedy.

[:D]

24. stickster

Jul 10, 2005
    :D Thanks Inara.

:[face_sigh]: Poor Jaina. Her head is a mess.
    (So's mine...maybe that's why I like her so much [face_thinking])

And wow you also have the amazing sig. [face_laugh] Seriously, every time I think about that I crack up.

Seriously, though, I'm glad this helped bring you back to J/J ;) 'Tis quite a compliment.

(Though, man, there's a sizeable part of me that still wants to see her end up with Kyp... [face_plain] But that's even less likely than J/J, heh.)

25. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Nice post to end the small story :) I really liked the conference room hints ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.