main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Wedge Antilles, TV Star?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by marmakecam, Oct 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Wouldn't it be cool if it was a pre-Rogue Squadron show with Wedge? Just throwing it out there.

2. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    That would rock!

I also would love to see the formation of the Rebellion...and hey, if it involves Naboo, a few handmaidens. :~D

3. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    More exploding handmaidens. :D

It would be cool, but Wedge is too old now, and a new Wedge would be eh...not Wedge. But a Rogue squadron thing would be nice...wasn't it developed between ANH and ESB though?

4. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Hey, you are not allowed to blow up handmaidens, you hear me? And those who have heroically given up their lives to protect their mistress are not to be mocked.

/hmph

As far as Rogue Squadron itself, it would be a bit before its time, but it would have to have a precursor or forebearer, yes?

5. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    See, a good series though would be the handmaiden "homeworld", and it ends up being the Death Star's first test. Big booms and lots of viewing pleasure. :D

I kid, I kid. Yes, it is before it's time, and maybe a precursor...but I'm not sure. It shouldn't have Wedge or any of them in it though, that would be weird since they're all so young.

6. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    It could definitely involve Wedge, he would be the perfect age (the character, not the actor). Rogue Squadron was created right after the Battle of Yavin (since the current squads were all blown to pieces fighting the Death Star) so it definitely couldn't be a series about the Rogues, but Wedge's past before ANH hasn't really been developed much. I think his childhood was shown in the comics as flashbacks and I think they also talked a bit about his time doing supply runs for the Rebellion before actually joining up but most of his early life is unexplored.

And hey, if Wedge is too well developed of a character they can always make it...

STAR WARS
    Porkins to the Rescue!

7. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    Ew.

Wasn't Wedge 20-something at Yavin? When exactly did they want this series to take place? I suppose he could be in his teens, but was he jetting around in squadrons then?

8. Nassik

Nassik Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2006
    Wedge is a possibility in the series though I suspect that we'll see more original, unknown characters on-screen. That would make continuity far easier to maintain and would expand the Star Wars universe even further. As expansive as Star Wars is I understand that anything Lucasfilm can do to expand it will be done in order to keep the franchise strong and growing.

9. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I don't think Lucas himself really cares about keeping continuity with the EU. :) You're probably right though; I doubt he's going to use any character that has been developed at all as the focus of the series.

Garrett, Wedge was in his 20s so yeah, he'd be a teen if he were in the show. They haven't specified at what point during the 18-year span between Episodes 3 and 4 the series will take place but I wouldn't count out the primary focus to be a teenager or someone in their early 20s. After all, Anakin and Luke were that age during their respective trilogies.

10. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Hey! No Death Star/Handmaiden blow up connections. /glare

:~D

I wonder if GL would consider any of the story lines from the Last of the Jedi series? Or if Dexter's will be in play, or if we'll see some more of Alderaan....

11. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    There's bound to be some Naboo on the show so handmaidens have a good shot. I doubt he'll touch the Last of the Jedi plot at all, I think it'll take place some years after that. Looking at some of the stuff that's come out lately or coming up soon it seems like the events immediately following Episode 3 are fair game for the EU, I think if Lucas were planning to use that time period it would be off limits to the EU.

12. majiinkilljoy

majiinkilljoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    as long as the tie fighter pilots aren't clones than i'm definitely in. if this was to start right after ROTS than my thoughts are definitely aimed at being the beginning of the rebellion and the enlisting of the imperials, i would love that.

13. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    All Stormtroopers are clones. :p

14. majiinkilljoy

majiinkilljoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2005
    then how do you explain their different voices in a new hope

15. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Well, if the series lasted long enough, maybe we'd find that out! :~)

Ah...Naboo..../blissful sigh

Well, as long as it's not a trashed wasteland!

16. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Stormtroopers are both clones and conscripts, and not all the clones are Jango clones, only the first few batches.

I actually read somewhere, one of Pablo's things in the insider I think, that they stopped the practice to cloning people based on their skills and began using it as a sort of reward for high ranking officers, This explains why Stormtroopers in the original trilogy are such bad shots, they are based on people with little to no combat experience (and in some cases they're officers who aren't even good at being officers but got to their position through nepotism).

It would be really awesome if they showed that stuff in more detail somewhere.

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Well, here's hoping it's good!

:~)

I wonder if we'll see much of space-y stuff or any lightsabre action, anywhere...

18. Nassik

Jan 1, 2006
    As far as Jedi go there may an occasional Jedi seen but never as the focus of a particular episode. In this time period the Jedi are being hunted down to extinction and so they'll be keeping themselves quiet and inobtrusive. I do suspect that, if a Jedi is seen, we may see them get killed.
    It's a understood thing that George Lucas doesn't care about the EU material and he writes his stories based upon his own ideas. And since GL's word overrides everything else the EU always has to bend and adapt to him. In this series I expect to see brand new characters never before seen in the Star Wars universe. Using brand new characters allows Geirge Lucas to do virtually anything within a story and that's what I meant when I said that this would make maintaining continuity easier. I wasn't referring to the EU at all.
    Since the Rebellion forms in this time period I expect to see Alderaan in the series. Bail Organa was one of the key members of the Rebellion and so it stands to reason that Alderaan will be shown at some point. The planet I do not expect to see in the series is Tattooine. It's a remote planet and there's not much reason to go there. Then again, the planet kept popping up in the movies and so it may get thrown in there for the sake of recognizability. Luke Skywalker would just be a kid still and so I doubt we'd see him even if there were scenes on Tattooine, unless simply as a brief cameo to tease fans.

19. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I'd imagine we'd be more likely to hear about Tatooine than to actually see it.

I'd love to see the seedlings of the Rebellion coming together...it'd be awesome.

Maybe we'd see Corellia, Dantooine, more of Coruscant?

I'd imagine we'd have to have some at least background shots or workings of the Senate, since it wasn't disbanded until the ANH timeframe.

/sigh

Hurry up, George! :~)

20. Nassik

Jan 1, 2006
    As I said, I doubt that there will be any use of Tattooine. There's nothing there of any importance. Coruscant and Alderaan are likely and Dantooine is possible (Leia does refer to the planet housing a rebel base). Corellia could be fun though I can't make any guesses on the likeliness of its use.
    Naboo is nice though I see no use for it either. It, like Tattooine, is out of the way and not very significant (my apologies to the Handmaiden fans).
    Nar Shadaa has potential. It's dark and seedy enough to provide a gritty surrounding.

21. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I have no doubt that Tattooine will be in the show. While they always say how out of the way it is and how nothing important ever happens there it's ALWAYS in Star Wars, I?m really sick of it at this point. Realistically, it probably shouldn't be in the show but it will be. Mark my words.

In fact I would think almost every planet from the films would be in the TV show (with the possible exception of uninhabited and low population worlds like Dagobah, Hoth and Mustafar). They're aiming for 100+ episodes of the show so I'm sure it's going to touch on a lot of different places and because of that they'll use most of the movie planets to link the show with the movies and keep things familiar to the more casual viewers. If Tattooine can escape 100+ episodes of a Star Wars show I?ll be very shocked.

Naboo it quite possible too, some interesting things were going on there in the Last of the Jedi series involving the Empire taking over the planet and the former Naboo government siding with the Rebels. Also, one of the REALLY cool concept shots from the new next-gen video game shows Star Destroyers in low orbit over Theed. Lucas himself is overseeing the story of that game so Naboo is definitely on his mind for that time period. So don?t lose hope GB.

Nar Shadaa would be awesome so I?m keeping my fingers crossed for that one.

A big concern for me is that Lucas doesn?t completely screw up continuity with the EU. Like you said, Nassik, he doesn?t really care much about the EU so he does his own thing, I just hope that someone in the continuity department at Lucas Licensing keeps an eye on the writing and maybe helps nudge George in the right direction on certain things. They?ve done really well keeping the continuity straight (for the most part) for the last 15-20 years; I?d hate to have it all thrown out the window.

22. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    The whole multiple-stories/games-involving Naboo keeps my hopes up for it appearing in the TV show. :~) Besides, Italy is relatively easy to shoot in, I believe, so why not? :~D Wasn't it in Battlefront (sorry if I get the name wrong) that the Queen is killed for harboring Jedi? Even in SWG (/sigh), Naboo's queen is suspected of siding secretly with the Rebellion. C'mon, GL!

As far as continuity goes, I certainly do hope they are being mindful of it. There have been some slips, it seems recently, but nothing too huge, other than the whole Owen-is-Obi-Wan's brother thing in the Jedi Apprentice series...

23. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah it was in the both Battlefront games I believe and, as we know from SWG, the Emperor has a vacation home on Naboo. :)

I actually started playing SWG again a bit this week. I started over completely as a spy and I've promised myself not to take any money or anything from my other characters until I learn the new game. My hopes are that by doing this it'll feel like a new game that I'm learning rather than an old game than I'm unlearning. It's actually been a lot of fun so far, the new quest system is cool and they really have made the game feel more Star Warsy. I was doing quests for Watto for a while and now he's sent me off to work for Jabba. The whole point and click attack thing is still really annoying but it?s not too bad. It's fun enough when I have time that needs killing (which isn't very often) or if I need a quick break from working.

24. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    ^ Traitor.

25. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Traitor? hehe. I stuck with that game through everything, the NGE was the last straw. I loved that game but they betrayed me! But now I'm sorta giving them another shot, because I'm a nice guy.

Actually, if I had to pay for the subscription I wouldn't do it but since my mom took over payments so that my nephew could continue to play it's free for me. I'd rather play WoW but I don't want to pay for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.