main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Wedge Antilles?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ScorpionJedi, Dec 27, 2015.

1. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I don't know if this would get locked or not but I'll ask anyway, since Rian is a far better director than JJ, is there a way they could ever get ol' Denis Lawson back in a way that would make it work? I'd love to see him fly alongside Poe Dameron.

Sarge likes this.
  2. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Maybe he's a republic "grand admiral" or something in the republic. Akbar's still around so maybe.

Always a possibility. After all Ewan McGregor was in the Force Awakens and he is his nephew...

3. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I thought he said he wanted nothing to do with Star Wars at all moving forward?

4. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    If he stayed with the Republic rather than the Resistance, then there's a good chance that he's dead courtesy of Starkiller Base. I would like to see Lawson come back, but I still think he probably won't and one of the novel will eventually have to tell the story of Wedge's death. I suppose he could just be retired though and living out the remainder of his life in peace.

5. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    Well according to Aftermath, he's still alive. Maybe if Lawson doesn't want to come back ever, I guess Chuck Wendig is the guy who'd kill him.

dekaneas likes this.
  6. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Just imagine him in the background or around that table discussing plans with General Organa about the starkiller base. That would of been magic. Even as Poes mentor or something. God they missed a lot of opportunities in episode 7.

ScorpionJedi likes this.
  7. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Dennis Lawson has said he is not interested in doing anymore Star Wars films. There is a chance he might change his mind as it has happened with other actors in other films.

8. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    Exactly,with the right fee of course...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shaak Ti and ScorpionJedi like this.
  9. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    Lawson will never return to Star Wars.

His number of serious roles on television, coupled with his popularity in England and Scotland, far outweighs being involved in Star Wars, in his mind, anyway.

Remember, he almost didn't come back for ROTJ and he flat out told Ewan McGregor to turn down The Phantom Menace.

10. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I read somewhere that he turned down TFA as well. I guess he has what he wanted from the films and doesn't want to bother himself any further with the invariable publicity and fuss.

11. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    Being a background character wouldn't have satisfied Lawson.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Wedge won't appear because Lawson won't come back to play the role.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I don't expect Lawson to come back at all, but if he did, I think he'd only do it if they wrote him a really good part, something challenging for an experienced actor to play. He won't be back in a cockpit just to say, "Good shot, Red 2!"

Shaak Ti and ScorpionJedi like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    For me I would rather have Lawson back then replacing him because it would just feel unnatural.

Sarge likes this.
  15. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  16. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I don't think Lawson has any issues with coming back other than that he actually wants to have a part to play instead of just a cameo. Still an opportunity for him to change his mind before the end though.

Be kinda cool to see him and Poe fight side by side.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  17. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    They should have included a throw away line about him perishing with the fleet in the Hosnian system.

18. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Lawson would likely enjoy hearing that just to shut up the fans.

Of course, he'll tolerate the fans as long as they pay for his signature...

19. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Why would you kill off a popular character who still may be of use in future movies with a Throw away line?

20. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Denis Lawson has said that he wants nothing more to do with the Star Wars franchise. If the writers want to put an end to fans clamoring to see Wedge, then they'll do the pertinent thing and kill him off. They already did it with one beloved character, they can certainly do it with another.

Granger likes this.
  21. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    You could always have a relative of his show up in his place. Cousin or child if you really wanted to. Have him retired and that the other character is there in his place. That way you have an Antillis, but not Wedge. Simple as that. Hell if they really wanted to they could do a whole movie around him and the X Wing academy for the NR. You have a ton of books to base it on.