main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Wedge fans sign in here! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mirax Terrik, Apr 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I've got friends in high places though. We've seen the sith square off against addie and the wild knightz before...

2. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    That was before, this is now. But who said we were going to fight teh wild knightz?

Evil.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] I am sorry, but that was a good line.

I must insist, however, on a cease fire. At least until this can be cleared up by the Senate.

4. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    The drama is over, I see this as a none issue. Hugs? [face_batting]

Evil.

5. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    Hey, you guys had fun fighting Sith without me?

No, it's not over, not until I take this magic marker and vandalize some Sith faces. [face_shame_on_you]

6. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    Magic marker? [face_thinking] There's a trick I know how to do with one of those! 8-}

Evil.

7. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    *just finishing drawing a Snidely Whiplash-style 'stache on EKW* Eh? Were you saying something? [face_whistling]

8. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    *covers the magic stache with dry erase marker before washing it cleanly off*

Funny, I've actually grown one of those. :p

Evil.

9. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Figures. [face_laugh]

Now, could you keep your lips parted while I black out a few of your teeth? [face_whistling]

10. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    What teeth?

Evil.

11. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    And when he's done, stand still and wait there. I have a gift that should drop in any minute... [face_mischief]

12. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    CEASEFIRE!!!

The hostilities have ceased please return to general quarters!

13. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Thanks for the save, Bardan. :D

And some good points there. But if we look at it from this point of view - looking at pure pilots, or judging them from BEFORE Force training and what not - Okay, Anakin Skywalker is an extreme case, there'd be some oddness there. But other than that, Wedge would definitely give Luke and others a challenge.

Here's a thought - Wedge + The Force = Badass to the power of 10. Discuss.

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    See now that would take away some of Wedge's appeal (at least to me). Wedge is so awesome because he doesn't have midi-chlorians to fall back on. He does it all himself, without access to the force, he has piled up a record that outstrips anyone elses, including Luke's. He is the real everyman of the saga, and that is continued into the EU. He has no special powers, he is just a regualr guy just like the guy in the theatre watching the film, or the woman reading the book. He is us. Now, I still think that Luke or Anakin could outfly him. But rather than being a negative to Wedge, it is a positive to say he is even in the same league as they are, and he has done it as a "simple" Corellian.

And no problem, we Phantoms need to look out for each other. :D

15. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I would also like to point out thought that Corran was augmented with force ability AND extreme piloting talent. Granted, he wasn't up to Luke's standards but Tycho fought him to a dead standstill even as corran read his thinking. Honestly, Luke would have to be REALLY on his game to beat wedge in my opinion.

16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    And you could very well be right. After all who would have thought that Ob-Wan could take on Anakin in personal combat and win? We can have different opinions of this and still agree that Wedge is the man!

17. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    That's what I believe too, Bardan. But I was just speaking hypothetically. Sort of - in universe, what would it do to and for Wedge and his friends?

And simple Corellian? Isn't that a contradiction in terms? :p

Yay Phantoms!

And I agree with Zark too. Wedge and Tycho are the ultimate wingmates. If Tycho can fly Corran to a standstill, then Wedge is going to whip him... usually. No pilot wins every time.

Obi-Wan, while not having the raw power of Anakin, was always better, in my opinion. But then I [face_love] Obi-Wan, just as much as I [face_love] Wedge. I won't go into my plot bunny about them. :D

18. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I like this! :) It's fun to discuss this stuff. Especially when everyone is making a pretty dang logical argument!

19. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    It's awesome to discuss things like this, without everything devolving into a flame war or something.

And Bardan, we know you're not dissing the Wedge-man. :cool:

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah I really enjoy debating things like this, especially when there is really no wrong answer. I mean taken from the "other" side, one of the only full scale battles I can remember off hand that both Wedge and Luke fought in together was Hoth. Luke was hit twice, losing his first his gunner, and than shot down. Wedge got through unscathed. Based on that one engagement I would say Wedge was the far superior pilot. Of course they were also both at Yavin where they both took hits, but neither was shot down. If it wasn't for Mandalorians, Corellians would be my favorite. Wedge and Han, you can't go wrong!

21. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Surprisingly, I do not have a favorite race or ethnicity in the Star Wars universe. I used to. Correllians for a while, then mandalorians, then noghri.... I've kinda settled back to just liking all of them.

22. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    Nice points there. I hadn't considered Hoth like that.

Corellians are WAY up there for me. Nice Corellians. Lol. Also, Kushibans. I love the Kushibans.

23. Evil Incarnate

Aug 18, 2003
    I like the Chiss.

Evil.

24. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    The Chiss are very cool too. I want to see a Force-senstive Chiss and see how that would work out. Yep.

25. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    I to have gone through phases of which race I prefer, now I am universal, with a few exceptions. I have not developed a taste for Vong, and I really do not like Bothans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.