Fanclub Wedge fans sign in here! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mirax Terrik, Apr 11, 2001.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    There are cobwebs here ladies, what's the story?!?!?!?
  2. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Wedge fan... I miss decently written wedge in pro-fic... Heck, I miss any Wedge in pro-fic?

Having to re-read the old stuff to get a fix... or the fanfic.

been away from the boards a long time... stupid RL... but, searching for Wedgy goodness...

3. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    As we get closer to the new Wraith novel does anyone have any news on if Wedge gets to make an appearance? I've always thought Allston wrote Wedge well.
  4. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, it's Allston and Wraiths. I really can't see him NOT including Wedge, even if just for a small cameo.

Mike Stackpole may have started it, but Allston really helped make Wedge who he is.
  5. imiller Force Ghost

star 3
    So, what think you of the cameo, and the indications of what he and Iella are doing, and how his daughters are turning out?
  6. adaml83 Force Ghost

star 4
    I liked it, though I'd love to see more of him somewhere in there. I also liked Allston creating new characters because it's been time to see new people show what they have.
  7. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    I loved his cameo and the way Myri spoke about her parents. I love the Antilles' girls, and I hope we get to see more of Syal.
    Last edited by Katana_Sundancer, Sep 4, 2012
  8. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Yeah, just started reading and the comment of 'when did you grow up?' amused me, I'm getting that with my daughter these days...
    Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  9. zark Force Ghost

star 4
    It was a good book, unfortunately which had little Wedge in it. But it was good nonetheless.
  10. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    But what we did see of him was so very him! And we got a lot of Myri. How cool was she!
  11. zark Force Ghost

star 4
    Pretty awesome actually. :D
  12. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wedge Antilles fan reporting in.
  13. adaml83 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hehe, I'm not surprised you went with Belgium...
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  14. zark Force Ghost

star 4
    You know adam, before the move to the temp forums I was negotiating with an icon maker for the EU to try and sneak a green astromech into the lists and play it off as a canon astromech. Now, I can finally use my own astromech as my avatar! [face_dancing]
    Katana_Sundancer and adaml83 like this.
  15. imiller Force Ghost

star 3
  16. zark Force Ghost

star 4
    I never really got to know Syal in reading the books. I'd completely forgotten about her in fact. Myri has some serious personality though, I like her.
  17. adaml83 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooh difficult, though I like the personality that Myri brings to the table a lot.
  18. imiller Force Ghost

star 3
    I love Myri (anyone catch the Karen Miller story "Roll of the Dice" in Star Wars Insider recently starring her?), but I have to say, as the military pilot who both follows and avoids her father's path, Syal is the one for me. Her arc in LotF was heartbreaking and very inspiring, in the way she stood up for the right in a really hard situation.
  19. Ava Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can definitely say I'm more fond of Myri than Syal. Not that Syal isn't a wonderful character, I just connect with Myri and her personality a lot more. She's very spunky, very Corellian. I adore her and would love to see more from her.

The Wedge cameo was wonderful. I think it was just the right amount of Wedge in just the right way. :3 and I love that she still referred to him as "daddy" xD
  20. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome Zeta!

You can't make me choose one! I will take BOTH! And write fan fics about how totally awesome they are!
  21. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wedge Antilles was Chief of Staff for Starfighter Command by 16 ABY, the start of the trilogy. Wedge was part of Admiral Ackbar's presentation of the New Republic Fifth Battle Group's (a.k.a. New Republic Fifth Fleet) transmission of Operation Hammerblow, the Fifth Fleet's live-fire operational readiness exercise. Wedge restrained Senator Tolik Yar of Olidi, a staunch ally of Chief of State Leia Organa Solo, after Senator Tig Peramis of Walalla made a scene accusing Leia of intending to use the Fifth Fleet as a weapon of conquest, as seen in Before the Storm. I had actually forgotten Wedge even appeared in the trilogy, since he only appeared in a small part of the first book, Before the Storm. This stuff is mentioned in second and third paragraphs of the Keeping the peace subsection of the General Antilles section of Wedge Antilles' Wookieepedia article.
  22. imiller Force Ghost

star 3
    Are you writing these? Cause I would love to read them!

And thanks, Zeta! That's so cool - I just reread the Leia sections of BFC, but completely seem to have missed Wedge's appearance. Which is stupid, since I squeal quite loudly when he has the slightest appearance in the films. :)
  23. Katana_Sundancer Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks so much, Zeta! That's exactly what I needed! And it fits perfectly. If you want to know why I needed to know, check out Complications, a Wedge/Iella fic in the Fan Fiction section.

@imiller I haven't started writing about them yet, but I've got some pretty extensive plans for them. I was looking at AUing parts of FotJ. But with the release off Mercy Kill (and having actually finished reading FotJ) I think I can leave them canon, and still make my plans work. I'll keep you posted, shall I?
  24. imiller Force Ghost

star 3
    Yes, please, @Katana_Sundancer! I'll be there with the Antilles family flag to wave! :)
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth