main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Wedge fans sign in here! (v 2.0)

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Mirax Terrik, Apr 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Not sure where imiller went...give someone an XO job and they just disappear on you. I tell ya...good help is hard to find.

BultarSwan you can quote this post and put yourself on either 6, 11, or 12. 6 would be best because then you'd have a wingmate and 5 needs someone to fly with, but I get that some people like specific numbers so I'm not picky.

2. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I've thought of a nickname/callsign for myself! Finally!

Katana Sundancer aka Sabre

ma_petite likes this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Was reading 'Betrayal' today, and came across the Wedge appearance over Corellia....."Hello Sweetheart" "DADDY!!!" LOL!! Amused me.

Katana_Sundancer likes this.
  4. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Wraith Squadron
    Wraith 1: General s65horsey (aka Sey or Lead)
    Wraith 2: Lt. DarthXan318 (aka Techgirl)
    Wraith 3: Lt. adaml83 (aka Joker)
    Wraith 4:FO Katana Sundancer
    Wraith 5: FO Tim Battershell (aka Fatso)
    Wraith 6: BultarSwan
    Wraith 7: Cpt. imiller (aka Numbers) (also XO)
    Wraith 8: FO A Tool
    Wraith 9:Lt. Sinrebirth
    Wraith 10: FO runjedirun (aka Muscle Girl)
    Wraith 11:
    Wraith 12:

Guess I need a nickname. Anyone got any ideas?

5. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    I'll take Wraith 12 if no one else minds. :)

Tim Battershell and ma_petite like this.
  6. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    I think my handle should be proof enough that I support this thread. :D

BultarSwan, I suggest "Doc" for your call sign. It's right there in your signature.

Also, I want to join Wraith Squadron! Can I take Wraith 11, call sign "Punch"?

Katana_Sundancer and ma_petite like this.
  7. Red.Two

Nov 25, 2012
  8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Those are sweet Red.Two

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wow!, I have Rogue on my flight suit......but they rock!!

10. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Red.Two, those look fantastic. Ugh, if I didn't already want to make a flightsuit costume, I definitely would now.

11. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Wraith Squadron
    Wraith 1: General s65horsey (aka Sey or Lead)
    Wraith 2: Lt. DarthXan318 (aka Techgirl)
    Wraith 3: Lt. adaml83 (aka Joker)
    Wraith 4:FO Katana Sundancer
    Wraith 5: FO Tim Battershell (aka Fatso)
    Wraith 6: BultarSwan (aka Doc)
    Wraith 7: Cpt. imiller (aka Numbers) (also XO)
    Wraith 8: FO A Tool
    Wraith 9:Lt. Sinrebirth
    Wraith 10: FO runjedirun (aka Muscle Girl)
    Wraith 11: Red.Two (aka Punch)
    Wraith 12: MiraxTerrik
    MiraxTerrik can I suggest Horn as your callsign. Let me know if you have a better option.

I have a busy two days but Saturday I will have a mission up for us! Sorry things have been a little rough.

Runjedirun likes this.
  12. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Hrm, I'm going to have to think on that callsign. Will let you know before tomorrow though.

13. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    I think I'm going to go with Whiskey.

sey, who is that in your avatar?

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Its the late but very great Anakin Solo, drawn by Evil_King_Wiggins, and Artist to be reckoned with....he's awesome!

15. Red.Two

Nov 25, 2012
    Excellent choice!

Now I've got the song "Finnegan's Wake" stuck in my head, and think other people should change their call signs so we match the lyrics, in case we ever get brought in for a disciplinary hearing.

First she brought in tay and cake, then pipes, tobacco and whiskey punch

We've got Whiskey and Punch, who wants to be Tay (tea), Cake, and Pipes? :D

16. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    I could go with Pipes -- I smoke one!

17. s65horsey

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok so here are your missions.

1 Flight (Me, techgirl, joker, and sundancer) are going to do some flybys on the Wes Janson FC, the NJOFC, and the Cantina Social Thread. We'll scope things out and see if we can find a good timeframe to play a prank.

2 Flight (Fatso, Doc, Numbers, and Tool) are going to do some brainstorming via PM (you should be able to start a conversation with the four of you). I want to see some prank ideas in a week.

3 Flight (Sinre, MuscleGirl, Punch, and Whiskey) are going to infiltrate the Literature boards. Your job will be to discover if we can take over their Social thread. So I want to know how often people post in there and if you think there is something specific we can do with our posting in there to take it over. So ponies, X-wings, creepy crawlies, etc.

Since I can't tag everyone in one post (I think at most I can tag 10) each Flight Lead will be tagged in this post and you'll be responsible for making sure your flight does what it is supposed to do.

I will take One Flight
    Tim Battershell I am promoting you to Lt. and you are in charge of Two Flight
    Red.Two I am promoting you to Lt. and you will be in charge of Three Flight

18. Red.Two

Nov 25, 2012
    Roger that, and thanks for the promotion. I'm new to this whole thing, so PM me if you have specific guidelines or ideas to make this run smoothly so I'm keeping up my end.

s65horsey likes this.
  19. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I like our assignment. Punch I'm on my way to get some data on the lit social thread now.

s65horsey likes this.
  20. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Roger that! Also thanks for the promotion.

7 and 8 have been silent for a while, but I've PM'd them anyway.

21. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Red.Two Whiskey here. Did a basic intel gathering run of target forum last night to early this morning. Nocturnal activities minimal after 0200. Went to bed because I ran out of caf.

s65horsey likes this.
  22. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Hi, everyone. :) I'm new to the EUC side of the house, and I apologize if this is wrong place for this question. It looked like this was the right group of people to ask, though. :cool:

I'm a very big fan of Wedge (got the ~15 action figures on display to prove it, LOL :p ). I'm most familiar with his depictions in the movies, X-wing comics and X-wing novels, so that's where I'm coming from with this.

I've been doing some research for a fanfic I'm thinking of writing, and in that research I discovered the SW Tales story "Lucky" about Wedge and Mala Tinero. Long story short, that didn't mesh very well with what I thought I knew of Wedge from the books and other comics, both in terms of his motivations and his past relationships (somewhat implied in the conversation with Qui in SoA). I'd always believed the blurb in the Rogue Squadron comics handbook that, to me, implied his joining the Rebellion was more of a gradual thing after his parents died, but "Lucky" contradicts that.

I saw a brief mention of this Mala storyline a page or two back in this thread, which helped me. I guess my question is, is there anything in Wedge's character in other sources, like any of the novels, which is a direct and obvious result of or mention of the events in "Lucky"? It just seems so out of left field that I can't match it up with Wedge's thoughts or actions in other sources, but am I missing something? Does Wedge mention Mala in any other story aside from "Lucky"? Does he do anything that points to wanting venegence against the entire Empire for that specific event? If he does, why would he be so accepting of Rebels who had an Imperial past (like Tycho, Hobbie, and Fel in a roundabout way)?

Anyway, sorry for the huge post, and thanks in advance for any thoughts. :)

23. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Hi Thumper09 and welcome!

I haven't read Lucky itself but I looked it up for the wiki. I know Mala and the story "Lucky" is never referenced by any of the books up to NJO. It was always my impression that Wedge decided on his own to join the Rebellion long after the events of The Phantom Affair.

Vengeful doesn't seem to be in character for Wedge, IMO. Someone else can probably tell you if Mala is in anything written past 2000, but I'm going to assume that Stackpole and Allston continued with their previous characterizations of Wedge.

24. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Welcome Thumper! I'm glad you spoke up!

I have read Lucky, and I think it flies in the face of everything else we know about Wedge Antilles. And it is never referenced, and really has no relevance or impact. I don't even consider it 'real'. Half the point of Wedge Antilles (in my opinion, anyway) is that he wasn't motivated by revenge or personal trauma. I mean, he had his own tragic background, but it had nothing to do with why he fought against the Empire.

It always seemed to me that, while smuggling goods to the Rebels, he saw their need, and joined them... because it was the right thing to do. In one of the short story anthologies (Tales from the New Republic or Tales from the Empire, I can't remember which), Bel Iblis speaks of the Emperor making the battle personal for his enemies wherever he could, because, eventually, for most people, that wellspring of hatred and grief will burn itself out. But knowing that what you are doing is the right thing, regardless of personal agendas, is a much stronger foundation. And that Wedge chose to fight is a very large part of his moral base, and one reason I find him to be a strong, honourable and attractive character.

Hey, looks like you're not the only one with long posts!

25. Red.Two

Nov 25, 2012
    What Katana said. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.