main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wedge fans sign in here!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Luke Skywalker, Jun 25, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corell

Corell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2000
    I think that we should just designate Q** Sux as...Her. I hate even typing her altered name, so horrible is her offense.

LoL CP!

2. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    You mean That Woman. Alias That Blue Chick. We just won't discuss Her.

anyone needs a plot bunny, the Galactic War Crimes Tribunal is a good place to start...

*Renata du Farge settles into the front row, and picks up her needles..."Knit one, purl two..."*

3. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Hi folks! Thanks for the welcome.

I think Q** was way too weak & vulnerable for our hero. She would have definitely bored him to no end eventually, not to mention me.

Now Iella is cool & will make sure he never loses his edge. I don't know what she looks like though, other than the descriptions in the books. Does anyone know where there's a picture of her?

I also need y'all's advice. (Yes, I live in Texas.) Should I buy the Rogue Squadron comic series? My budget is limited or I wouldn't hesitate. I've liked the two I read in the book store, but I doubt I'll ever see the whole series that way. I think I've pieced togther every thing that happens from the tid bits in the novels, so, are the details & the pictures worth it?

4. Belvana

Belvana Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2000
    I wanted to buy the series, too. But because I'm living in Germany (wonderful country, but a lack of SW material) it's quite hard. I tried ordering some at amazon.de but they had to cancel my order because of Idon'tKnow.
    But from what I heard they are really good. Especially Battleground Tatooine and Warrior Princess should be good... at least I heard that :)

5. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, they're worth the cost except maybe Masquerade and Requiem for a Rogue. But I didn't like those because I thought the pictures weren't very good. Mike still does a great job scripting them though.

My favourite is The Phamtom Affair, we get to see an important part of Wedge's past, and the pictures were awesome! :D

You say you're from Texas. Do you know anyone named Cindy?

6. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Up, the Mara Jade fan club is goin' down! ;)

7. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1167600&replies=1

Whoa, looooonnnnnnggggg story.

8. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Thanks for the input on the comics. Maybe I'll buy a few for myself for Christmas, especially if there's good Wedge history.

Belvana,
    Living in Germany definitely sounds cool. I almost got a chance to go once, but it fell through at the last minute. I was so disappointed. I'll make it there some day though. Of course if I can't get SW, I might not be able to stay long!

Mirrix,
    Yes, I know a few Cindys but Texas is awfully big...
    BTW I said I live in Texas, not that I'm from Texas. I'm really an import from MO. I made the mistake of saying I was from TX once & received a 10 minute lecture on how only those that can trace their Texas roots back to the days of Sam Houston can make that claim. (Proud state, huh?) I've been here 10 yrs though & have subconsciously incorporated some of the slang into my language so please forgive my "y'alls".

Well, it's time for me to hit the fanfics. Anybody here have a good one going?

Good night folks! (Gute nacht(sp?) to Belvana)

9. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Sorry Mirax! I just realized I misspelled your name & didn't get back in time to edit my post. Spelling never was my strong suit. Please forgive me.

10. Belvana

Belvana Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2000
    Gute Nacht to you too. :)
    I just got home from school because I didn't feel well. I broke down and they took me to the doctor (ouch).
    But whatever, see you all

Belvana

11. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Sounds pretty bad Belvana. :( Hope you're feeling better soon!

12. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Ouu, still have a cold, Bel?

Padawan, it's okay. People still misspell my name. Though I'm trying to get them to stop ;)

Well, since you know a couple of Cindys, do you know someone named Cindy Ward? I think she should be 14 by now. :)

13. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Sorry Mirax, I don't know a Cindy Ward, but I don't know many 14 yr olds. It's been a few years since I've seen *that* age!

14. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Ah, well, it was a long shot anyway. :)

15. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    Hmmm, I was considering buying the Masquerade comic. No good, Mirax?

Oh, yeah, I definately agree that The Phantom Affair was the best on (that I've read). Blood and Honor was pretty good; it doesn't have much Wedge :'( but it does introduce Corran Horn, Iella Wessiri, Hal Horn, and has a lot of Fel. Not to mention a good pic of Janson *grins*. Just make sure to get In the Empire's Service (or whatever) first, 'cuz I didn't and I just figured out that they're a duology of sorts. If comic books can have duologies.

Enough rambling, be back soon.

WEDGE RULES!!!!!

16. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    Blood & Honor has a picture of Iella & a good picture of Wes to boot? I'm getting it! Even if there's little of Wedge, I've got see his squeeze & I love Wes too.

17. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    You can never have too much Wedge...

18. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Yub yub! :D

I didn't like Masquerade too much because the art sucked, but that's just my personal opinion.

19. Padawan_Di-Lee

Oct 15, 2000
    I just saw Masquerade & I must agree with Mirax on the art work. I had a hard time identifying Wedge at first. I liked the interaction between Tycho & Winter though!

Definitely can't get enough of Wedge! I'm considering re-reading SoA just to get my fix since NJO doesn't seem to want to use our hero that much.

Belvana, I haven't seen your poll on folk's fav EU book in a while? How's SoA doing & how are you doing? Haven't heard from you since you said you were sick. I'm starting to get worried!

20. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    I'm here! The General (my mother) wouldn't let me on...grrrrrr....

WEDGE RULES!

Antilles/Celchu '00

21. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Lol, Corell. :)

I couldn't get on yesterday because the internet gave up on me. Grrr . . .

22. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    That sucks.

23. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    To the top!

GREAT story a while back (I finally got around to reading everything I missed while I was gone) but..... no ending? Or is it in Union?

Yes, I was gone at school for a while. I'm only 14, so I don't go to work just yet. I'm still young...... now where did I put my dentures?

Yub yub.

As for how we refer to Wedge's War-Criminal Pre-Iella Person, I propose we call her she-of-many-asterisks. Anyone else like the idea?

NEWSFLASH! SEE.... Captain Page as he attempts to post at least once every other day! LISTEN... as your computer breaks down because of his witty remarks! SEE... him write SEE... three times! EXPERIENCE..... his wonderful (*sparks fly. Announcer shorts out*)

Oh well. Wedge needs to return to the NJO, just so long as a Lucas Death Squad doesn't make his fate the same as Chewie's. WE WANT WEDGE! (well, you know what I mean)

ANTILLES/CELCHU '00

24. Captain Page

Apr 22, 2000
    Sorry 'bout that. I'm back to normal now. Really.

To the top!

25. Captain Page

Apr 22, 2000
    *Page covertly brings this thread to the top*

Antilles/Celchu '00

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.