main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wedge Plushie!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FenigDurak, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Paints=Helmet Designs :D

Eyes will be purchased, noses will be formed and mouths will be stitched on.

It's really a lot easier than it sounds (I used to make my own Cabbage Patch Dolls for the kids I babysat when I was in Jr. HS (since no one wanted to spend $50 on a doll at the time and fight w/ other people who were).

2. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    EDIT: STUPID SNOWBOARDS AGAIN :mad:

3. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Who's got something going on this weekend? ;)

I'm swamped Wednesday and Thursday (my goddaughter is in town :D ), but I am open any other evening (but Mondays - Shelter Night).

You guys pick a day and time and I'll be there. Just remember the material needs to have some give, something along the lines of lycra. And the thread needs to be pretty strong & thick (oh yeah, you'll need some regular thread for sewing the body pieces together).

I may stop by the store this week to get enough to work on one doll body, just to work the kinks out of the system (it's been a while since I did any serious soft sculpture :p ).

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    What about Tues?

Actually, now that you mention it, I like the idea of doing a trial version first, just to work out the logistics, before investing in materials for the whole army. (Though I imagine some of the stuff for the trial run, like paint, will be enough for the whole thing.)

Helmets - are we thinking paint on the head type? Detachable? Solid? Soft? I kinda like the idea of detachable, if it can reasonably be done.

Oh, and what sort of size do you all think would be good for the plushies?

5. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Might as well stick w/ the standard at 12"

And the helmets would be made w/ the white Pleather, so they would be detachable. The Paint is going on the Pleather for the insignias and stuff.

Not sure what to do about the chest boxes yet.... Maybe some Papier Mache? ?[face_plain]

Ribbon can be used for the straps (the ribbed stuff).

6. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    If not for this one line (and the fact that it's a fictional character dreamed up from the mind of an insane -but very cute & funny- board member), Wedge Plushie would've come close to seeing a firebreathing Dragon...

Wedge Plushie: "I wasn't going to teach you how to fly the X-Wing. You were going to teach me how to sew a really pretty Amidala dress."

Once I realized he's gay, I knew it was all good. *cracks knuckles like a goon*

;) [face_devil]

7. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, just got another doll to work from (sans the overdeveloped torso :p - no matter what Fenig has to say about it), I should have a prototype ready some time tomorrow.

Got some ideas for the chest box, looked at the Hasbro 12" figures for some accessory ideas and I think we could have one ready maybe in a week... After that it's time for assembly line Rogues :D

EDIT: Oh, and they will be slightly larger than 12"

8. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    the fact that it's a fictional character dreamed up from the mind of an insane -but very cute & funny- board member

*whimper* What do you mean? :_| Are you saying Wedge Plushie isn't real? Nooooooo! *faints*

9. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Ah yes, I remember my first plush wedgie...

10. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Thread resuscitation.

Plush Wedgie is NOT Sifo Dyas...

11. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Ah, but how do you *know* he's not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.