main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wednesday Afternoon Nap

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by zenwave, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenwave

zenwave Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    OK, this may sound "old", but based on my track record of staying awake to watch late movies (albeit, at home on the telly), I'm thinking of taking a little nap Wednesday afternoon when I get home from work.

I know it's going to be super exciting, but all the same, I don't want to take a chance and find myself nodding off and waking up the the end credits music!

Anyone else considering a restorative cat-nap?!

2. oBi1JaCoBi

oBi1JaCoBi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999
    Considering I was doing some editing work on my computer last night when suddenly I heard birds chirping and saw light coming from my window, (It was 6am and somehow I wasn't tired) I think I can safely say I won't fall asleep during this Star Wars movie.

3. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Beginning last night, I'm changing my sleep schedule to sleep all day/up all night.

4. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I'll have to be in line all day, so no such luck for me! lol

5. Buck_Skywalker

Buck_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    Yeah, I'll have to take a nap. I am notorious for falling asleep during movies.

I'm gonna take in a lot of caffeine prior to the movie too.

Something tells me that I might not need to take these precautions, but I will anyway.

Yeah, even considering falling asleep makes me feel like an old fart.

6. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    The larger concern for me at the movies is pacing of liquid intake...I actually went to the bathroom opening night of AOTC and missed Anakin's confession scene about the Tusken slaughter!

7. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I never even risk buying food or drink for the opening of big movies. Either it would make me have to go to the bathroom, or I'd end up feeling uncomfortable trying to hold it in.

Since I have to get up for work at 6:00 on Wednesday the 18th, I've certainly planned to take a late afternoon nap before my supper.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

8. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I am definelty taking a nap wednesday afternoon

and I am not drinking anything at least one hour ahead of time

9. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    i'll be taking a nap. after we get our wristbands that indicate our place in line, i'm going to go back home and sleep until 6pm or something. then walk around crazy until 10 and then leave to watch the premiere of ROTS. :D

10. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    I really wish that I could take a nap Wednesday but I have an unbearable amount to do that day: Full class schedule, philosophy club after school, my extra French course at the community college, homework, and then studying for finals which start on Friday. I'll be lucky if I even get it all done in time to leave for the midnight showing. [face_worried]

11. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    I would, but I'll be at work. That may just cause some problems. I'll be bouncing off the walls while I'm awake, though.

12. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    Just reading these posts is making me want to knock out --- I-)I-)I-)

I'll end up crashing hard after the movie's over. You know, once the build-up excitement to this movie is over, then I can catch up on sleep over the weekend. :)

13. TomPiltoff

Apr 7, 2005
    "The larger concern for me at the movies is pacing of liquid intake...I actually went to the bathroom opening night of AOTC and missed Anakin's confession scene about the Tusken slaughter!"

Yeah, May 18th is my birthday, and I have dinner reservations at my favorite place at 7:00PM. Once I leave there, no more drinks til after ROTS.

14. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    so you have a nice little birthday present there Tom.

I mean how many people on their birthday get to eat out.

15. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    can you say cathater?

16. TomPiltoff

Apr 7, 2005
    "so you have a nice little birthday present there Tom.

I mean how many people on their birthday get to eat out."

[face_laugh]

17. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I won't be able to do the Wednesday Afternoon Nap, as I have to work. But I can assure you I will be doing the Not Go To Work Thursday And Sleep Til Noon.

18. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Its not good to sleep right up to the movie, you cant take it in if you've just woken up.

19. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I can barely get to sleep at the moment as it is. I can't imagine being able to do it on the same day I watch the film.

I'll probably skip sleeping on Thursday night and just be posting around here/reading the book/playing the videogames etc all night through 'til Friday.

20. luisgv73

luisgv73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    At least you lucky people CAN sleep... for god's sake its been two nights now alternating briefs periods of sleep with last minute continuity doubts (enhanced by the forums) and check-ups on the DVD!!!

I have the tickets for the 19th (no midnight session here in Spain) and I know I won´t be able to sleep wednesday night!!!!

21. qui_gon_jinn_83

qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    I don't think I'll be able to.
    Staying up late is not a problem for me, but I am more concerned about the day after. With the "after-movie" buzz, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to sleep.

I'll look like a wreck all Thursday, haha.

Soon my friends... soon!

22. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I might rest for an hour or two, but I know I won't fall asleep. This is probably the last time in my life I go see a movie at midnight, so I will NOT fall asleep. And yeah, I won't drink or eat soon before the movie or I will end in the bathroom. I'll run in the bathroom and midnight while my gf keeps our seats and will come back for the movie.

23. zenwave

zenwave Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    Well, it wasn't a bad idea, and I gave it a good hour's try, but I'm too keyed up!!!

6 hours 45 minutes to go . . . .

24. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    I couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited. Now I'm tired. :( Less than 8 hours to go! :D

25. AnakinMoonwalker

AnakinMoonwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    couldent sleep last night either
    I tried to take a nap today but just could not fall asleep

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.