main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Seattle, WA Wednesday August 2

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediFarfy, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Hey everyone. Yvette and I are both free on this day and I'm just posting to see if anyone else it. There's a lot we could do: see a movie, scavenger hunt (yvette has a list already to go), or even do some costum stuff.

Anyone want to do something?

BTW, it was mentioned in another topic the idea of a spreadsheet for everyone's schedules so we can coordinate. Just FYI:
    [ol][li]I won't share it.[/li]
    [li]You aren't obligated to do anything just because you have it off. It's more to plan out official meetings and such since there are so few of us.[/li]
    [li]Yes, it was my idea in the first place. ::loves excel a little too much::[/li]
    [li]I already made the spreadsheet![/li][/ol]

JediFarfy

2. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    So you won't share with anyone? Or do we all get to see? :p

Oh... and I vote the scavenger hunt thing. I think it would be fun. :)

3. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    um..wait a sec.....holy crapinthehat I accually have the day off.[face_dancing]

4. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    I might be up for something that day too!

5. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Twisted ToyFair Theatre fan too? :D

6. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    ooohhhh yeah, fig collector and Twisted Mego Theatre fan for life! you are the first person to ever catch that.[face_laugh]

7. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    My friends, whom I am staying with, have a 59" Widescreen TV and plenty of space! Movie? and a meeting or something? (for Wed)

8. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    My spreadsheets are sacred! ::password protects all Excel::

But I would share at some point, perhaps. :p

I was hoping for some fun outside since it won't be so hot. Of course, that for me means shopping.

Ideas so far:
    -Scavenger hunt
    -Shopping
    -Movie night

JediFarfy

9. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    And considering this is 2 days away, we should probably decide AND find out WHO is going to be able to go. :p

EDIT: I still vote for the scavenger hunt IF there are enough people. If not, another movie night would always rock.

10. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    I have limited $$$ till Friday. Not interested in shopping (see before mentioned money issue), Something outdoors would be better, the movie thing was just a thought because it involves no money, as for the scavanger hunt !?! where and what?

11. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Downtown and its a picture one, so you don't even have to collect anything. Just bring a digital camera and I have a spare if anyone needs one. :)

12. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    dont have a camera...

13. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    I don't have money either. My shopping is mostly wandering around looking for something I can't live without. :p

We could always just go hang out. I'd rather go downtown and have lunch or something. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. :)

JediFarfy

14. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    If you want to do the hunt, I do have the spare. If you don't want to, just say so. :p

I am okay with just a lunch thing... but I get off work around 3:30-4 that day now. How about a dinner? :p

And I am already mostly downtown. Want to do food at the water front? Or that Japanese place on Pike? Sun sets around 8pm so we have plenty of time for something still. :)

15. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    I may be able to afford it. I do like your idea JediYvette. Unfortunately I don't eat Japanese cuisine (except for Teriyaki which I probably spelled wrong:p ), Water Front would be cool. I'm starting to feel like an idiot (sorry, not a fan of driving and parking in Seattle), but I will for you guys.

16. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Hmmm...

Are you able to take the bus? Most go right downtown from most areas. If not, we can figure something out. :)

JediFarfy

17. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Well, if you don't want to drive downtown--if its just parking, I can reimburse. But if its not driving downtown because it sucks, I understand that too--we can meet in Tukwila, and grab food at the Olive Garden or something. :)

18. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    Don't worry about it, my only problem ever was 1. I get lost driving in downtown Seattle (except for a couple of areas) 2. Don't like parking my car in Seattle that much (money included). It was nice of you to offer on the parking fee but I couldn't ask that of you. I'll be fine with whatever you decide on, I already feel like crap that I made a deal out of going to Seattle. :( I'm not usually this much of a problem...really...I swear...on a stack of Jedis..thats a bad thought...

-Paul

19. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Is it too late to get in on this? [face_worried]

20. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Of course not!!

Have any great ideas for this? :D

21. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Not really. I too don't have money to burn... and most of my ideas have money involved.:( I was thinking if I went downtown again that I want to see the Comic store in the pike place market again. (not that I could buy anything anyway)

22. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    Golden Age comics is cool but VERY expensive to buy from (still fun to look around and drool).

23. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Well, now that I think about it the waterfront does have an arcade. And there are a lot of fish and chip places. The market isn't too far and that has a lot of affordable food choices too.
    Does that help?:confused:

Edit ^ Yup, I love to look around there! [face_hypnotized] So much stuff...I can't have...:_|

24. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    hey, could always meet at Pikeplace/Golden Age Comics and go from there (I belive you can get to the waterfront from there).

and depending how late and how everyone feels we could still watch a movie or something after hangin on the waterfront.

there a 2 for 1

25. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    ya sure could. It isn't far at all from there.[face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.