[Week 1] Task.. So, if a metal bassist met a college student...

Discussion in 'Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by RidingMyCarousel, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6

Well, just for kicks, I'll be doing all of the tasks (but getting no points). But I figure I should.. maybe it'd make me look responsible (ha!).

So, yeah. I'm James. I'm 20 years old and I'm a college student/musician/HVAC service technician (sorta). I'm studying for a degree in theology and one in biology. I write music and play a lot and have recorded for the past few years. This upcoming week is the debut of my first CD, so I'm pretty hyped up for it. And tomorrow I have two Biology exams. Yipee!

Anyways.

Growing up, I always wanted to be a metal bassit for any decent metal band. I've always wanted to go on tour and my first instrument was a bass. Actually, this was just one of my many dreams and hopes growing up, but I thought it'd be the most fun to write about. I was pretty stubborn.. the typical metal head with long hair, baggy clothes, an all black t-shirt collection from many bands, etc. And I just wanted to do that for a living.. and play some kickass, in your face music.

Nowadays, though, I'm not so much that anymore. I'm actually responsible (to a degree) and I'm taking things a bit more seriously. I'm still fun to be around.. sometimes. And I love college. Being a college student is perhaps one of the coolest things out there. So I'm cherishing every second I have.

And if the two met, the "dream" me would probably ignore the "now" me. Why? Because when I wanted to be that metal head bassist, I ignored everyone. :)

And that's it.
    Questions? Comments? Green Jinn?

~ James
  2. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Aren't there rules against you getting involved? We're trying to have fun here!
  3. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
  4. StarWars_Revelation Force Ghost

star 5
    Ignoring people is no way to go through life. I suggest the new you tell the old you to see a therapist.
  5. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I object to this on matters of principle!!
  6. carmenite42 Jedi Master

star 4
    if you're doing the tasks, we should be able to vote you out!
  7. StarWars_Revelation Force Ghost

star 5
    I object to you on matters of principle!

Served!
  8. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    honestly, if you're going to participate, you had better do really lame at it, so that if you WERE ranked, you'd be ranked last!!
  9. Darth_AYBABTU Force Ghost

star 6

Wouldn't it be better if only the housemates participated in tasks? Shouldn't the housemates be compared against each other and not against the game managers?

AYBABTU

10. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    If you all don't want me to participate, I won't.

I didn't see a problem with it, but if you all do, I don't mind backing off.

~ James
  11. carmenite42 Jedi Master

star 4
    well, i see where rhett is coming from - don't want you to outshine us ;)
  12. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I don't have a problem with you participating in most ways, but it seems since the tasks are being ranked, that it's a bit weird to have you participating just for fun. Maybe you could participate a bit less formally.

EDIT: pretend this post was meaner. I am in too cheerful a mood at the moment to be mean. :)
  13. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh, I wasn't intending to do every task.

Only get involved where I need be.
    There may be a task or two where I have to get involved, but those are few and far between.

And I only did this one because it's sort of like a 'breaking the ice' bit, since I don't know all of you. I figured I'd try to introduce myself just through the task.

~ James
  14. Terr_Mys Force Ghost

star 6
    S'ok Jamesy, we all love you still [face_love]

In fact, I have a thing for bass players. :)

PS: Sorry I haven't worked on that song yet. Life is hectic. Maybe we can make songwriting a challenge in here, then I could be motivated. :)
  15. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah but your I wanted to be a metal bassist thread makes my wanted to be a metal bassist thread look like I copied you. But hey now I have something to talk to you about when this is all over
  16. RidingMyCarousel Force Ghost

star 6
    Nah, no worries, Kam. :)

And Terr, no worries. :)

hehe, no worries. Man, I overuse that.

~ James
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.