(Week 2 Day Task 1) My Earliest Childhood Memory

Discussion in 'Big Brother Strikes Back' started by NarundiJedi, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If I was going to be honest about this, I'd tell you a very boring story about lying on my back in my crib as the lawn mower ran outside.

But scratch that. That's not as entertaining as my Second Earliest Childhood Memory. [face_mischief]

The only problem is determining which memory I remember is the second earliest. When you're my age, it all seems to blend together. ;)

I could tell you about the time my mom had me wait in the OR coffee room. I grew scared that she'd abandoned me and actually left the room! It must have been interesting to see a 4 or 5 year old kid running around the halls looking for her mommy. :p

Except I don't know if that came before the time I was excluded on my kindergarten trip. They needed you to be six years old for insurance reasons if you were to go on the trip. I was still five. You try explaining to a five year old that insurance says she can't join her classmates and has to spend the whole day with the poopy-diapered pre-schoolers. :mad:

Before you ask, yes, I had a pretty crappy childhood. Most people have a great childhood and it gets crappier as you get older. I can easily say that the older I get, the awesomer things get. So don't get all mushy on me. ;)

Jae Angel
  2. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Why was your childhood crappy? I can relate, I think I had about 3 years of good ol' American childhood from 83-86, but the rest of it really sucked. Well, it didn't seem to suck at the time, since it was all I knew, but in retrospect and compared to most people's it sucked.
  3. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, my childhood was really crappy because I had one Nazi teacher after another. (Seriously, people. What kind of luck do I have to get a bunch of ear-pulling, screaming witches for instructors, all within a few years?)

After the Nazi teachers came my parents' divorce. I was young, and I didn't understand that things were better off with mommy and daddy being apart. So I got angry, and got into some fights with kids in the schoolyard. Those happened because I was really little and always got bullied. I felt like I had to fight back, but that always got me hurt and in the dog house. I never wanted to concentrate on my work, because I'd been yelled at so much that I just ignored the rest of the world, so I got held back a year in third grade.

This here was the turning point. I wasn't with horrible kids anymore, and I had better teachers who earned their tenure. [face_plain] I went to see a therapist who actually knew what she was doing, went through an entire image makeover, and got better. I learned how to use my creative energy for constructive purposes and started to excel. The behavioral problems went away. (For the most part. [face_blush] There was that high school catfight.)

Jae Angel
  4. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    What you do is, you yell at your teachers. Or staunchly refuse to follow their instructions... or, you have a mom that works in the district and can pull strings so you always get the teachers you want *cough*
  5. B'omarr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I can completely relate to the Nazi elementary teachers, and divorced parents. I've had a handful of one, and eight of the other. :eek:

As I said, at the time, it seemed normal to me, that's just the way thing were.
  6. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    My mom has a history of acting like Kyle's Mom on South Park. When I told her that my first third grade teacher (the evil one) was dumping my desk over in front of the entire class, dragging me around by my elbow because I cried when somebody pushed me down in the hall, and teaching all the kids ethnic slurs, she really went postal on everyone! :eek:

It was so completely uber-cool, and we still brag about it to this day, but having a psychotic mom was one of the high points of my childhood. [face_mischief]

I knew, growing up, that my childhood WASN'T normal! Just because it was all I knew doesn't mean I thought it was the real deal. I could see other kids having a much better time, and I knew.

Also, did anybody else have a favorite thing that they wanted, and their parents either refused them or cut corners? I wanted Jams, those long, bright colored surfer shorts. So my mom goes out and buys the most HIDEOUS cloth to make me shorts. And she made them too short! :eek:

I'm so glad I'm an adult now. Seriously. [face_GriffZ]

Jae Angel
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.