main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Week 2 Day Task 1 - Preschool!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by TheEmperorsHand, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    My first ever memories are so small little flashes of things that I don't find it possible for me to write an essay on them. I remember a huge ice storm when I was 4, and a ride to pre-school in which I was singing along on the radio to that old song Monkees song Daydream Believer. I also remember believing that the "Muffin Man" from the song "Do you know the Muffin Man..." etc, worked at a doughnut place near us; I remember seeing a chef sort of person there once and believing him to be the Muffin Man from the song. Ah, naïve chilhood.

But no, there is one memory in more detail than any of these others. It does come from the time when I was in preschool. I must have been about 4, and it was near the beginning of the school year. I know that because my sister and I went to school together, and she was sort of my "protector" then, but she wasn't in this memory. Thus, she had already moved on to kindergarten.

Anyway, though, back to my memory. I was a little late to school, and we had a cloak room to hang our coats and bookbags on the wall. Since I was late, though, all the hooks that I could reach (there were two rows of hooks a few feet apart vertically) were taken. Being a little child, I didn't know what to do. I was really rather distraught. So I sat there. And sat there. I don't know for how long, but it sure felt like a while. But I was a little kid, and perhaps had a misconception of time. Anyway, someone came in to find me eventually, and helped me put my coat and bag on a higher hook. So then I went and played on the little slide (which seemed huge) and continued my Preschool life.

This really is so random, and I'm not quite sure why I remember it. It's in quite a bit of detail, too; I remember that the cloak room was red. Well, maybe that's not extremely interesting, but it just makes me feel as though I was a rather slow child. :p

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I was really rather distraught. So I sat there. And sat there.

Awwww! That's so cute! I can imagine your little brain just spinning at the prospect of no hooks for your coat and that you shouldn't leave there until that was done. ;)

3. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    See, I'm an evil child. My first option would be to pull a bag off the low hook and replace it with my own instead of pulling something over to boost myself. It's all about evil genius engineering. ;)

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.