main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Week 4, Daily Task 1.....The Life Changing Moment

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by Leonard_Shelby, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    1980. That's right....1980. The year of Ronnie Reagan.

[image=http://www.vcsc.k12.in.us/staff/mhutch/modpres/reagan/ronald129.gif]

Ronnie

The year of "the One Stick"...//shudders//.

[image=http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/ld/projects/trc/2002/manual/images/bilingual/stick.jpg]

"The One Stick"*** //shudders//

***Pic does not represent that of the true "One Stick"...***

The year that many things happened....I think... But most importantly...the year of The Empire Strikes Back.

[image=http://wso.williams.edu/~rfoxwell/starwars/pics/ESBMoviePoster.jpg]

That's right....Empire...ESB...the best Star Wars movie ever. Now, me...being the doe-eyed three year-old angel that I was (and still am... ;) [face_blush] ) I had absolutely NO idea what was about to hit me on that wonderful May day in 1980. No idea at all. I was a little kid for godsakes... But it would affect me. That's for damn sure. Affect me right to the core of my three year-old psyche....changing my life forever....

With "The One Stick" (//shudder//) being a mere month or so away, I had nothing to worry about in life. No bills. No transmissions going out in my car. No school work. No nothin'. Just playing and sleeping and eating and crapping. Repeat cycle. So when my ma said, "Little Sammy...we're going to see Star Wars today!" I had no clue...but yet was intrigued. Well, as intrigued as an angelic doe-eyed three year-old little boy can be. What is this Star Wars? What is it all about? And most importantly...what can it do? This all ran through my mind...

So there we were. My ma, dad, aunt Connie, and myself. We were sitting close to the screen...not too close...but it seemed close to my three year-old self. There were alot of people in this place. They were everywhere. It was opening night, apparently, and many folks wanted to check this thing out. This only helped to fuel my wonder and curiosity. But at this point, I was only concerning myself with pop, candy, and popcorn. I didn't get these things on a regular basis. I was my ma's first born...so she was overly-worried about what I consumed, put my fingers into, and what I rolled around in. My little brother, however, was allowed to roll in the dirt...heh....spoiled little punk bastard... [face_plain] :p

Suddenly...and without ANY flipping warning...the lights went out. Now, my three year-old self wasn't quite so sure what to think of this...but I ran with it. And then this huge screen before me seemed to flicker to life...LIFE, I TELLS YOU!!! And the movie started....

A Long Time Ago, In A Galaxy Far, Far Away...

Those words spread across the screen. It was...like something out of a psychedelic dream... Now, I couldn't read what it said, mind you. I mean, c'mon! I was THREE YEARS OLD for chrissakes! But my ma leaned over and told me what it said...and all made sense...Far Away and Far Away. Then suddenly, and without any motherflipping warning again...that awesome score crashed-in and STAR WARS flashed across the screen...and kept floating back into the stars...into the darkness. And after that, "EPISODE V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK" followed...along with a really long string of text. Once again, my ma was so kind to tell me what it all said. Thankfully--for my three year-old angelic, doe-eyed self--all the god forsaken reading was over...

Stars. Lots and lots of stars. I remember them well. I was amazed with how they looked. Indulging and engaging my little kid self within their beauty...but then I saw something that my little kid self did not intend. A huge ship started to come towards the screen...

[image=http://www.jediknight.com/artwork/isd4.jpg]

Whoa! :eek: That was friggin' cool! I couldn't believe what I just saw. At this point I was convinced that this movie was going to be for me. And I was soon bombarded by many, many a

2. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Very nice, Sammy!

Wow, your Daily Tasks are always such spectacles. :D

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Aw. How sweet! That's a very cute story, Sammy. :D [face_love]

That Wampa still scares me too. :eek:

4. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    [face_blush]

Thank you, ladies... :) [face_love]

5. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Kenner was a creul horrible entity for releasing a regular Tauntaun, then after Christmas release the split belly tauntaun. I never had one either. :(

6. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I agree. The same damn thing happened to me. My parents got me the regular one for Christmas, and downright refused to buy another one...regardless of the "split-belly" action. I was so distraught... :(

Just the thought of it now makes me want to cry...I should have left it repressed... :_|

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Another wonderful task from Sam, but I'm wondering: Where is Ms. Minelli in this one? :eek:

Jae Angel

8. Leonard_Shelby

May 31, 2002
    [face_laugh]

"Ms." Minellis only appears when a fight is involved... ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.