main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Week 5, Daily Task 1

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by JediPrincessKas, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'm just like a lot of the other Housemates. When I was thinking of what I should do this task on, these are some things that came to mind: Video Games (taken), watching movies (taken), playing around online (Not taken, but you all know I'm here all the time anyway), and music. Since I really don't want to copy what someone else has already done, I will enlighten you with my love of music.

I've always had a passion for music, whether it be listening to it or playing it. When I'm at home (or even driving places in my car), it's music.

Music has been a part of my life since I can remember. I was in chorus all throughout school (from 5th grade up through high school), and that's what I loved the most. When I was in rehersal, being a part of this amazing sound, it was awesome. There's not a feeling like it in the world. But since I'm not active in a chorus at the moment, I get my music fix other places. I have a fair cd collection. It's not huge, but it suits me just fine. I also have quite the collection of mp3's on my computer (but SHHHH! You didn't hear that from me). I will listen to everything from pop to country to r&b and classical. I love it all. Heck, I'll even listen to country music (remember, I'm in Georgia). I am also a major nerd in that I have Broadway tunes (in their own seperate playlist, mind you) on my computer, as well as some of my favorite songs from video game soundtracks (NERD ALERT!). So when I'm up in my room playing on my computer, or driving around town, I've always got some music goin'.

I also play a little piano. And when I say little, I mean it. Well, the piano itself isn't small, but my talent there is limited. I kind of taught myself how to play (since I've had a small keyboard since I was 7 or 8). We finally got an actual piano about a year and a half ago, and I try to play and practice on it at least once a week. Since my skills aren't that great (and the poor piano is horribly out of tune), I usually only play when I'm home alone. That way I can screw up as badly as I need to, and no one is there to hear it. :p I enjoy playing some Beethoven stuff (who doesn't, ya?), and some of those sappy love songs (since they're kinda slow, I can deal with those a little easier). :D

So there you have it. My pasttime. Not the most exciting in the world, but it's one of my passions and it keeps me occupied throughout the day. :)

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    And when I say little, I mean it.

When you said that, suddenly, this is the image that came to mind:

[image=http://www.bettsiv.com/gif/schroeder.gif]

I played piano for years, but haven't in awhile. I'd like to get going again and take lessons. I just love playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.