Week 5, Day Task 1 - Run, Forrest, run!

Discussion in 'Big Brother Strikes Back' started by TheEmperorsHand, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmperorsHand Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well as you may have guessed by now, my favorite favorite pasttime is running. I started doing it my first year in high school, ninth grade. I was quite a horrible runner at first and I really didn?t understand it yet as a sport. I figured that running was just putting one foot in front of the other until you get a bit tired, and then you stop and walk. My original mentality. :p Track that year didn?t change it either. It took until my sophomore year of high school, this year actually, for me to develop some sense of what running is. Cross Country gave me some sense of what it is to run distance. Then throughout Indoor and Outdoor track, I grew to understand the aspect of speed. Then I came to combine the two, and that?s where I am right now: working on becoming a fast distance runner. It?s not easy, but the sense of satisfaction that I get after I run makes up for all the pains of running ? shin splints, Achilles tendon problems, and so much more. It all just ends up feeling good though, in the end. I do it because I?ve come to enjoy it, appreciate it, and look at it as more than just something to do.

I know you didn?t ask me for my life story as far as running goes, but that's what it means to me. It's become such an important part of my life, and I just enjoy doing it.
  2. JediPrincessKas Force Ghost

star 5
    I figured that running was just putting one foot in front of the other until you get a bit tired, and then you stop and walk.

You mean that's not what it is??? :eek:

:p Nice work, Alison! :) I'm glad that you enjoy running. It's definitely an activity you can continue for a long time to come.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.