[Week 5 Task] Alba gu bràth!

Discussion in 'Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by Terr_Mys, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terr_Mys Jedi Master

star 6
    Hello there!

I'm Ian McCallum. And I'm Scottish.

Now, while you're trying to imagine everything I say in a Scottish accent (or not, you lazy gits), I'll be over here stealing money from your wallet. Ha! Just kidding.

In fact, you're the ones who are going tae be getting the steal! That's right- I'm here tae offer you, for the once-in-a-lifetime low price of 73 guineas*, a truly remarkable piece of work straight from the finest Highland craftsmen...a symbol of Scotland's cultural pride and national identity- no, not Sean Connery- ...a bagpipe!

Yes! You may be saying tae yourself: "Hoots mon! What good, likesay, would a sodding musical instrument provide me?" Well, I'll tell ye- it drives the ladies wild. If you find a tidier representation of machoness, well, I'll tell ye I love the English!

McCallum's Bagpipes? are crafted of the finest yew (for the wooden pipes, you see), and its musical viscera contain a euphonious combination of shiny marbles inside an empty milk bottle, held within a fine monkey fur from the jungles of French Indochina by simple duct tape. "Euphonious?" you say? Well, I'm not goin tae define the word for ye, as I am but a Scot, but I will tell ye how my wonderful bagpipes work. Perhaps a visual demonstration would be beneficial:

[image=http://ninnet.homestead.com/files/bagpipe.jpg]

You see, when the man plays the instrument, the air makes the marbles bounce about inside the bottle, against the glass. The result is the most beautiful melody you'll ever hear echo through the Highlands, or even through the fields of Fleur-de-Lys in the Loire. What more could a man want?

Well, yes, that too, but you have to go to England to get it for *this* price!

*66 sous may be substituted in accordance with the Auld Alliance
  2. carmenite42 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Your paint is such a ripoff.
  3. Darth-Seldon Jedi Master

star 6
    And the musical marble craze continues!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.