main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Week 5 Task] Saxon Violence (Read this task thread first!!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by poor yorick, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Disclaimer:
    So, it's been over 24 hours since epic said people could add colors to their usernames, and like . . . . a while, since I asked brave volunteers to turn theirs off for a chance at an unknown reward.

Well, it turns out that this week, our task is basically to play overlord/oppressed, and the people who chose to gamble and go colorless get to be the overlords.

Yayyyy, overlords!!

1) Everton
    2) SLG
    3) Morella
    4) GIMER
    5) Souderwan

=D=@};-=D=@};-=D=@};-=D=

Overlords, you may now return colors to your names. Oppressed persons, you must now change your usernames back to black, if you have not already done so.

Q. So what kind of overlord/oppressed game are we playing?

Excellent question!

As it happens, we are playing the Vjiking Invasion of Lindisfarne!!

=D=@};-=D=@};-=D=@};-=D=

Yes, we now get to begin the era of the Vjiking raids right here in the BB forum.

"Overlords," you are the Vjikings. You have had some time to put together personas and character images, if you chose to do that. These can be posted in the Vjiking Camp thread.

Q. What is the difference between a Viking and a Vjiking? This, and this, mostly.

Oppressed Saxons, this has taken you a bit by surprise, and so we will forgive you for taking a moment or two before posting character bios and images (if possible) in the Monastery of Lindisfarne thread. Here is a Dark Ages persona creator to help you. It works very much like the Heromachine. Oppressed persons may choose the occupations "monk," "nun," or "peasant." It gives you the option to upload your photo into your "new look," but you don't have to.

Note: Character write-ups do not have to be as elaborate as the ones from the Superheroes movie. Just a name and something brief and hopefully amusing about "you" is all that's necessary.

THE MOST IMPORTANT BIT

Oppressed monks, nuns, and peasants (in this case meaning):

1) ASG
    2) JR
    3) JTS
    4) Darth_Guy

Once the Monastery of Lindisfarne thread is created, you cannot post outside that thread for the duration of the task. Why would you want to, anyway? There are a bunch of deranged Vjikings out there!

Your job will be to attempt to entertain the Vjikings by doing ridiculous things, in order to distract them from butchering you and enslaving your sheep (they really like sheep . . . for some reason . . .). Think "1001 Arabian Nights," only sick in the head. It is also highly advisable for you to follow the Vjikings' instructions, lest they lose patience and kill you. (No, you do not actually "die," but you may lose points for quality of role-playing if you persist in wandering out of the monastery toward Certain Death, or unwisely refuse to try and save your life by doing a few harmless, silly things.)

Vjikings!

You also can lose role playing points by:

1) Posting in the monastery thread. You can't get in. They have a +15 Masterlock of Doom or something. Instead, you have to lay siege to it and demand a lot of mead and sheep and dancing girls/boys/sheep/whatever. Why? Because that's what Vjikings do.

2) Killing oppressed persons needles

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I have assigned myself a persona, which is not mine, but the effects of time-travel have dumped upon me.

Here is me as I appear:

[image=http://www.bluealert.co.uk/images/eadric.jpg]

I am, err, supposedly, Eadric The Fierce Ruler.

Eadric, whom my time-travel has displaced (in a sorta Quantum Leap fashion) lives in Southern Scandanavia with his wife, two infant sons ad a servant girl.

I am a Longship Building Supervisor by Summer, and a player of tafl board games by winter. I am brave, unconcerned by death, and a fan of Porridge.

In actuality, I am Alan an middle manager at a Cracker Factory. I drive a grey car and enjoy scrabble. My greatest ambition in life is to return home from work at precisely the same each day for a clean decade. The inconvenient time travel occured when on the 364th day of the ninth year, I depressed the button on my doorbell and was swept out of time. My suitcase containing my emergency pajamas was left behind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.