main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Week 6 - Day Task 1 All You Need is Love!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by TheEmperorsHand, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    Since Kasey decided to do Moulin Rouge before I could get to it ( :p ) I'm going to go back to something that you could maybe/maybe not call classic....

[image=http://www.beatlemaniashoppe.com/products/cds/lg/yellow.jpg]

YELLOW SUBMARINE
    You really can't go wrong with the Beatles (even if they didn't do their own voices for it...) The story is just really cute and has our themes of the importance of love and music, so it really just appeals to me a lot, despite all of its randomness.

The plot involves a mysterious world called "Pepperland" from where the captain comes to get the aid of the Beatles in freeing his land from the "Blue Meanies," who are trying to get rid of the music and happiness. So the Beatles embark on this journey, and they meet a lot of strange sorts, including "Nowhere Man" (aka Jeremy or Phd), and it's really very psychadelic. And the music's great, of course.

So anyway, when they get there they meet their "other selves" known as Seargent Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and together they manage to bring music and happiness back to the land, and to even help the Blue Meanies.

I really like this little movie because it's got great music, and I personally think it's funny (it's British humour, so maybe you wouldn't). The characters sound just like the Beatles (or pretty close). The plot really isn't the focus of the film though; it's the music, and that may be why I like it so much. It's just cute.

So there you have it. One of my favorite movies. :) It makes me feel happy because of it's light, optimistic nature. See it if you haven't!

2. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    We all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine!

I've never actually seen any of the Beatles' movies, but I've heard some aren't bad. :) Maybe I should check this one out. :D

And I KNEW someone else was going to pick Moulin Rouge, so I got to it ASAP. :p

3. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    Well, you have good taste, Kasey ;)

4. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I haven't seen Yellow Submarine in a long time. The animation is certainly colorful though, enough to give you spastic seizures, like the Japanese Fighting Robot cartoons.

5. TheEmperorsHand

Aug 27, 2000
    I've only seen the new version where they touched up the cartoon and released it on DVD, so I don't know about those seizures :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.