main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Week 6, Day Task 1- Give me the ******* keys you ******* ********** ************!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by solojones, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yes, that's how many stars are required to censor Steven Baldwin's line at the beginning of my favourite movie of all time, The Usual Suspects :cool:

It all started about 6 weeks ago... wait, no. For me, it started about a year and a half ago. To be precise, it was January 5th, 2002. That was the first time I saw this movie. My brother had watched it and told me I'd love it, yet it was due back at Blockbuster. For the first time in my life (and the only time since), I paid the late fee myself to watch it. This was just on a hunch I had. Boy was it a good one.

This is one of those rare gems of a film that I can watch over and over and still enjoy. However, no time is really like the first time. If you've seen the film, you probably know what I'm talking about. I had absolutely no idea what this movie was about, and really hadn't seen any of the actors (save for Benicio Del Toro) in anything before. Yet fate had us destined! (and I think you know who I mean by 'us' ;) )

First viewing- this movie was about some criminals who plan a heist together. Ok, nothing really special about that. Although it does have its hillarious moments. But as this film progresses, it gets increasingly more interesting, finally ending in a finale that demands a re-watch of the film. I took it up on that offer, watching it 20 times last year. I forced all my friends to watch it, too, and now they all love it.

I grew up on Hitchcock, and all I have to say for this film is, Hitch would be proud. Well, I should probably add that my second thought after seeing the movie (the one that comes right after 'wt*?!') was 'Kevin Spacey really is a great actor... I should watch more of his films.' ;) [face_love]

By the way, this film has one of the most awesome soundtracks by the wonderful John Ottman (whom I've e-mailed, and who is very nice). I cannot get enough of it. You will buy it. That is all

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, this is a great film. I, too, saw it for the first time when I rented it several years ago. I hadn't really known who Kevin Spacey was and I don't even remember what prompted me to rent it. Once, I did, though, I was a total fan.

All of the performances are brilliant, but the writing and direction are superb. This film solidified my fandom with Spacey and I've been an admirer of his work ever since.

3. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Sounds like I need to rent this film! :)

Jae Angel

4. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    You've never seen it, Jess? :eek: Usual Suspects, I thought was one of the recent classics that everyone had to see. Like Shawshank Redemption.

I first saw the film on with a bunch of friends who dragged me to the theater. I had never heard of it, and it was the special dollar movie of the week. I didn't know what to expect, and needless to say, the movie was great. I hadn't been that surprised at an ending since I found out who shot J.R.

5. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Jess! Rent! Now!

I was going to use the Sixth Sense analogy, but the "who shot J.R." one works too.

6. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I've never seen the Usual Suspects either, but it sounds like it might be another to add to my "to rent" list. :)

7. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Just be careful that when you rent it you don't develop an obsession with Kevin Spacey like our dear Rachel. The poor man doesn't need any more stalkers.

8. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, 'cause I'm his #2 stalker. Well, not really stalker as much as a very devoted fan. With a shrine in her closet.

9. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] @ this thread title! :D

Hehe. I love this movie. I just recently saw it.. ... ;)

~ James

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    James has recently gained much knowledge and wisdom ;)

Kate, I'd have to say that neither of us holds the #1 Kevin stalker title, actually. That would go to Linda, who's traced his hands and spoken to him several times. The press thinks it's creepy, but Kevin doesn't mind :p I e-know her, though, and she's relatively normal ;)

But yes, try oh so hard not to develope a Kevin obsession. Then there's less for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.