main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Week 7, Day Task 1 - Best. Dog. Ever.

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by JediPrincessKas, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I haven't had too many pets in my lifetime. Really, only 4. When I was really young (I mean, REALLY young), my parents had a black poodle named Scruffy. He died when I was like, 1 1/2. When I got a little bit older (like, when I was 7 or so), I had a couple of hampsters, and some fish. EXCITING! But, when we moved to Georgia, we had no pets. It was kind of lonely. Anywho, my little sister REALLY wanted a dog. But we were living with my grandparents at the time, and my Nanny DID NOT want a pet. No way. Out of the question. But then one year while we were at a family Thanksgiving get-together, she saw my sister playing with their little dog, and I guess she had a change of heart. When we got home, she said we could get a puppy. :D Yay! So we looked, and finally found a lady who sold some. She had 3 or 4 left from the litter to choose from. Well, we ended up getting a spunky little black & white poodle. We named her Kelsey. :D She's been the family dog ever since. I love that dog. Even though I tend not to be her favorite person (she's totally a Daddy's Dog. :p ). But she would always lay down with my Papaw while he watched the ballgame on the couch, and would take walks with him outside. When both of my grandparents died in 1997, I don't think the dog knew what to do. She would walk around the house looking for my Papaw. When she couldn't find him, she would lay down on the blanket he would use while laying on the couch. :_| Yeah, that was sad. :( But eventually we all moved on, and Kelsey became like my Dad's 3rd daughter. :p Really, the only time she lays with me is either when there's no one else home, or I'm with her favorite blanket. :p But the house wouldn't be the same without her. She's the best dog ever. Now I believe she's about 6 1/2 years old. It's kind of hard to believe that we've had her for that long. Wow. And I'm trying to get a picture I have of my doggie up, but it's not working. I'll keep trying. Anywho, I guess that's about it. She's a wonderful puppy dog, and I love her. :D

2. Mrs_Kitty

Mrs_Kitty Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2002
    That's a good story Kas :)

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Aw. That's nice Kasey. I'm dog sitting my sister's black lab this weekend. It's so great how we develop such a love and relationship with our pets. I love puppies. [face_love]

4. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    I like puppies too. :)

Anyway, that is a cute story. :)

5. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Awww... Kasey, I wanna meet your puppy wuppy. :D Pwease? :)

~ James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.