main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Week 7, Weekly Task - "The Network"

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by Mrs_Kitty, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_Kitty

Mrs_Kitty Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2002
    oops...accidently hit enter, without writing anything [face_blush]

Here is my task, it's a parody of "The Labyrinth" :)

I'm not use to writing funny stories:

The Network

Kasey, talking to her Internet connection, "I wish the Hackers would come and take you away right now." Kasey turned off her lights and left the computer hooked up to the Internet, "Right now." All of a sudden, the computer went black. "Internet?" She tried to flip the switch to turn the lights back on, but it wouldn?t work. "Internet, why aren?t you working?"

Kasey slowly walked to the computer. Maybe the screensaver came on. Her hand reached for the mouse, she heard a laughter.

She froze. Where the hell did that come from? She looks around, but she doesn't see anyone. She slowly reaches for the mouse again. She grabs the mouse and moves it; the screen doesn?t change. She starts hearing laughter all around her. She turns around to see who is there, but she can?t see anyone.
    Suddenly, the wing flies open, and there stands Sammy.

"You?re him, aren?t you? You?re the AOL King."

He smirks at her.

"I want my Internet back, please, if it?s all the same."

Sammy folds his arms, "What?s said is said."

"But I didn?t mean it."

Sammy smirks again, "Oh, you didn?t?"

Kasey pleads with him, "Please! Where is it?"

"You know very well where it is?"

Kasey tries pleading with him again, "Please bring it back. Please!"

Sammy struts up to Kasey, "Kasey, go back to your computer, play with your Solitaire and your Minesweeper. Forget about the Internet."

"I can?t."

"I?ve brought you a gift." Sammy pulls out a DVD player for her computer.

"What is it?"

"It?s a DVD player. Nothing more. But if you put it in your computer, and turn it on, it will show you movies. But this is not a gift for an ordinary girl who has to have her Internet." Lifts the DVD player in front of Kasey?s face, "Do you want it?"

Kasey stares at the DVD player.

"Then forget the Internet."

"I can?t. It?s not that I don?t appreciate what you?re trying to do for me, but I want my Internet back."

"Kasey!" He turns the DVD player into a CD. "Don?t defy me." And throws it at her.

She shields her face. But the CD disappears before it comes close to her. She hears laughter behind her. She turns around, but nobody is there.

"You?re no match for me, Kasey."

"But I have to have my Internet back."

Sammy shrugs and points out the window, "It?s there, in my computer."

Kasey walks to the window and sees a Giant computer in the center of a network.

"Do you still want to look for it?"

"It?s that the Computer beyond the Hacker's city?" She turns around to see that she is no longer in her house.

"Turn back, Kasey. Turn back before it?s too late."

"I can?t. Don?t you understand that I can?t." She turns back to look at the computer.

"What a pity."

"It doesn?t look that complicated."

Sammy leans in behind her and says, "It?s harder then you think. Time is short." Walks away from her, "You have 13 hours in which to solve the network, before your Internet stays in my computer...," Sammy starts to disappear, "?forever. Such a pity." And with that Sammy completely disappears.

Kasey, looks around to see that Sammy is gone. She sighs, "The Network. Doesn?t look that hard." She stares that the Network. "Well, come on feet." She walks toward the Network to see if she can get her Internet back.

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    [face_laugh] Good one Jenny!

3. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    [face_blush] Thanks Kate :)

4. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    [face_laugh] that's great, Jenny! :D

5. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    [face_blush]

Thanks Alison :)

6. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
  7. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    [face_laugh] Very nice! Great job!

8. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    [face_blush]

Thanks guys. :)

As I said before, I'm not use to writing funny stories. My stories usually consist of drama and horror. Lovely combination isn't it :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.