main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Weekend JA game (1-23 and 1-24)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by CommanderSesfan, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    So.....who's up for another round this weekend? What times are good? Perhaps we could try to use the Bonus Map pack from Lucasfiles? Night, is that possible?

[color=indigo]Locked to make way for [i]this[/i] weeks JA planning thread[/color]

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I can't commit due to the unpredictable nature of family life - but if I'm on, and you're playing I'll try to pop in so you can all up your kills.

3. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Map packs could be used if someone other than the TFN server hosted, but to the best of my knowledge, Night would have to talk to the Jolt people upload maps to get them in, which would be alot of work for a one weekend thing, and not much notice.

If someone else hosts, maps would be easy to impliment, but I don't think you can get them on the TFN server.

4. CommanderSesfan

Jun 1, 2001
    I have a good cable connection and I'm willing to host, if somebody can tell me how to host through my router.

5. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I would be more than willing to host. but there is no way I could. I am on dial up and it would be most wretched! :p

But if someone else is going to or the server? Well then I am so in. :D

6. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Anyone wanna play tonight? I want a game of somethin. Course, the server may not even be up. :( But if it is, someone wanna join me?

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Yep, but see my earlier post. I can never say I'll be free to play - just depends on what's happening at home this evening.

8. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm eager to get killed! So count me in for tonight and this weekend.

I've searched for the TFN server and I can never find it. Is it up only for these game times or is constantly up and I'm just blind as a bat?

9. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Is Night around? We can get this fixed.
    I would be into playing tonight.Or we coud all just find a little abandoned Server to use. :p

No the server isn't always up,nor is it up now. [face_plain]
    So you are fine.

10. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, it's not up. :( Sorry guys, I don't have enough time before bed to set anything up...if someone had a game going *right now* I could join for a while, but otherwise, no...if everyone wants to get on AIM or MSN and we can like, find a little server...that could maybe work, though none of the servers but TFN work very well for me. :confused:

11. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Why do you guys normally play? CTF?

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Free For All, I'd imagine. Easiest to organise; "Kill everything"

13. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    If you want to play the bonus maps the oE server has them. It's usually empty (unless we're having a scrimmage or practice or something, which isn't that often seeing as how the game's all but dead), and I'm pretty sure voting is enabled there so you could choose which maps you want to play. IP: 66.98.178.12:25000

I'll play with you guys if I'm not doing anything else.

14. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah. We could ifnd a little out of the way srver play a little FFA. Or something. It is your choice Con. (or anyone elses :p ) I dont care.

If you can stay up for a bit to play. I am in.

15. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Now I'm really going to sound like an idiot, but where do you put the IP addy in? I've looked for about 10 minutes and I can't find it, laugh it up fuzzball.

You guys normally play FFA? That's not as fun as CTF, but I suppose it is easier to organize.

I'll be up pretty late tonight.

16. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Well, the best way to find servers is to use All-Seeing Eye, a multi-game browser that lets you use a number of filters, including IP address, to create lists of servers. If you want to connect to a specific server and know the IP address, you can use JA's in-game console and type "connect [ip]" where [ip] would be replaced with the address.

Edit: Haha, I didn't realize until now that part of my post didn't appear because I'm a Manager and can use html in posts.

17. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Honestly I have never had to put the server Address in, so I couldn't tell you. :p

I will be up for a little while longer. Hour, maybe 1 hour, 1 and a half tops.

Well CTF is good if you have enough people for teams to work out. With FFA it is nice so you can just kill bunches of peopel an never worry fi you are fighting 30 or just 3. :)

Not to sound (once again) "n00bish" But:
    Someone wanna help me out? I see on alot of Servers,"No Laming"
    What does this mean?

18. CommanderSesfan

Jun 1, 2001
    Errant Venture, you put in a specific IP address by going to your Favorites list, and there is a button that says "Add IP". Just type it in and it should show up! And Chim, laming is generally defined as killing people with the chat box up. Some servers also say it's when you have your saber down.

19. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, on the TFN server it's against the rules to "chat kill".

When Night was instructing me in how to be a mod, and I read chat killing wasn't allowed, I was like, "that's not fair!"

Because I thought chat killing was like, where everyone's talking, then you say soemthing, and it ends the conversation, you know? Like thread killing. So I was all huffy and like "not like people can help it!"

:p

20. CommanderSesfan

Jun 1, 2001
    So how does 7pm Board Time sound for everybody tonight? Either using the tf.n server or Jeff's OE clan server?

21. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I should be home from work by then. I get off at 9 EST, so that gives me an hour to get home and prepare to be slaughtered. :)

22. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Sounds good to me.

NIGHT GET SERVER BACK UP

I would try but apparently you *do* hafta download something in order to use IRC, and anyway, I'm so cold at the moment I can'teven type, much less think.

But I should be able to play. There might be a hitch, there might be someone I need to talk to tonight at that time, but otherwise, Im good. Lookin' forward to it.

Assuming I don't die of hypothermia between now and then.

23. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I should be here. Though I have a swim meet tonight against.... State College(Ses :p )
    I am thinking about not going. We are going to get killed anyway,and on top of that our 2 best swimmers arent going t be there at all. So I should be here around 9 EST as well. Maybe a little earlier.

I hope we can get a big game going tonight. That would be tons fo fun.
    I need some more practice too.

I figured Laming was "Chat Killing" I just wanted to make sure.

Last night I was playing in one of those Clan Servers,and someone named Shadow really got on my nerves. The only way he could kill anyone was by using force grip.The thing is he was an "experienced" player and a self deemed "hacker" too.Idunno maybe he is both...dont really know.He contantly complained of the "n00bs" using Lightening. Well no wonder so many people rely on Lightening for their only means of protection. *rolls_eyes*

Other than that we fought a giant Mutant Rancor....lots of fun. :p

24. RogueRoyalGuard

RogueRoyalGuard Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2002
    I'm good for late tonight or all day sat.

25. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Eureka! The server is up!

It's ping is running a bit high for some reason, but it shoudl do all right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.