main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH weekly / bi-weekly schedule would you perfer...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Exalted_1, Aug 7, 2006.

?

weekly / bi-weekly schedule would you perfer...

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. every saturday night

44.4%
  2. every friday night

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. every other saturday night (bi-weekly)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. every other friday night (bi-weekly)

11.1%
  5. I don't care either way

33.3%
  6. my schedule doesn't let me attend

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    just wanted to know what everyone's thought on a more regular shcedule.

No pressure, no real requirements to be there all the time. just an excuse to hang out and have fun.

I just thought we could use a time and place to meet regularly so we didn't have to disscuss endlessly the when and where.

tell me what you think!

:D

2. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Back in E-ville, we had a regular monthly GM the 2nd saturday of the month at Comic Quest (Local comic book/gaming store) and then we also had a book club meeting once a month at Borders (another of my groups of friends there met at Borders twice a month too), and then there was a collectors club that was held at the webmasters house once a month too. Maybe we can even compile a list of a few places to go, so that way maybe we can mix it up a bit and not get tired of the same place. What are some good meeting places around here anyway? Places where we can stay for a while without having to worry about being run out. Food and drinks available? (or at least really close by) Also would help I guess, if we knew the general area people lived so maybe we could find a relatively central location(s).
    I'm on the west side of Hamilton now.

3. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    well it's been a while for me too. I know there are very few places that are open at night. there are a few I know of:

Steak & shake

Western Bowl (bowling alley)

Perkins (in tri-county)

Metropolis (Forest mills)

There are local pubs and bars open as well, but I don't want to leave the young ones out of the festivities.

not sure about other spots... anyone else know about places open late on a saturday?

4. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Okay, so I searched the Internet and came up with a bunch of 24-hour restaurants in the Cincinnati area:

IHOP (I know of 1 at the Center of Cincinnati and 1 at Tri-County)
    Camp Washington Chili (Colerain Ave & Hopple St., Camp Washington)
    Waffle House (Sharon Rd, Lebanon Rd, Dixie Hwy & Kingsgate Way)
    Pepper Pod Restaurant (Monmount St., Newport)

5. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    Don't even have to stay where we meet. After the Monthly GE-ville M we'd all go out to eat, or go to a movie, or something.

6. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    exactly, there's no set structure for the meetings except for initial time and place. that way there is no need to post and everyone knows where to go & when.

7. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    To add to the IHOP list, if you're headed towards the eastern side of town, there is one in Milford right off of the interstate, and one is located at Beechmont and Five Mile Road.

I think the Eastgate Perkins is still 24-7, and of course, the ubiquitous Steak and Shake.

Other later night venues on the east side would include Rhinos (Poolhall/restaurant), Borders rolls up the sidewalk at 11:00, Marguaritas stays open fairly late on the weekends and has some great food!

Funny, Camp Washington Chili is a stone's throw from work. Oh, if you guys have an early enough meeting, Issadore's has some of the best fried mushrooms and cauliflower. MMMM!

8. unicornbee

unicornbee Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2004
    There is an IHOP in Forest Park that is 24/7. Its off the Forest Fair mall exit on 275

9. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    There are several bars/restaurants with interactive trivia that would give some source entertainment that our significant others might enjoy, as well. TGIF is a good example.

10. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I'm pretty sure the Perkins by Western Bowl is 24hr too. . .

11. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    only on friday and saturday[face_shhh]

12. Exalted_1

May 17, 2002
    ok the vote is in! every saturday night.

Now the question is when & where to have everyone meet.

I will post a poll, but think about a place that is easy to find and a time that everyone can attend.

13. GeekGoddess

Feb 24, 2005
    I'm pretty much open for anytime and place. Wish I could be more help on the place, but with me not being from around here and not getting out much, I dunno of places.

14. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Same here. I'll just wait until you guys decide because of that. If I had a preference, it would be somewhere in northern Kentucky, Florence or Union area.

Z

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.