main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****Weekly Jedi Knight Game this Friday!*****

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Connemara, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Thanks. And sorry for the "**** you" comment. I tend to get moody when I'm being blown to smithereens every five seconds. :p

2. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Unfortunately, I am probably going to be without a net connection for a while (dunno how long :() so I won't be able to plan games until I know for sure whats going on in the connection department. Anyway, if anyone else wants to take over and plan games while I'm gone, great. If not, I'll try not to be away too long. :p

3. AWB1989

AWB1989 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 3, 2002
    Okay, I'm back.

I can host or not host or whatever tomorrow night.

What time will it be at?

4. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Welcome back...dude it's wonderful if you wanna take over until I get back online (I know, I am online now, it's a long story, but I won't be playing tomorrow). Post a topic announcing the game, and you set the time and day, and whatever you wanna set up.

But please...please keep in mind this is *Jedi KNight* NOT *Jedi Outcast*. Way too many people seem to confuse this somehow. :p

Anyway, I'll be back up and running soon, hopefully.

5. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    But please...please keep in mind this is *Jedi KNight* NOT *Jedi Outcast*. Way too many people seem to confuse this somehow.

Yeah, those people are idiots.

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
  7. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    Indeed.

Welcome back...dude it's wonderful if you wanna take over until I get back online (I know, I am online now, it's a long story, but I won't be playing tomorrow). Post a topic announcing the game, and you set the time and day, and whatever you wanna set up.

Okay...

Game will be at 5 PM board time (PST) on Friday, August 29th, 2003

We can discuss what level to play, what force power, what score/time limits, etc, etc.

8. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    [face_shocked] That means I have to get up at 9.30! On a Saturday none the less. And since I've never played JK before, chances are I won't be able to get it working, and if I did, I'd get ripped a new one. :( Ahwell. Count me in :)

9. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    As I said earlier...
    We can discuss what level to play, what force power, what score/time limits, etc, etc.

As for the level, maybe MLP1, maybe Coruscant Arena 1... we can discuss this further. As for the force power, preferably 4 or 2 or 0. We can discuss this, too. No score or time limits... or maybe score limits if we play with rotating levels (which might seem more fair to those who join late and see they have 0 points and everyone else has 6,852). The score limit would probably be 20 or 25. Last night I played a game with a score limit (with rotating levels) of 17.

And, school for me starts on Tuesday, so I might need to get to bed earlier tonight (at around 11 PM or so board time.. like 2 AM my time).. but if so, I'll just die for the last time and leave my computer on hosting the game.. and you can have fun slashing up my dead body. :p

10. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    Okay, haven't had any responses, and the time for the game is approaching.

Game will be at 5 PM board time (PST) on Friday, August 29th, 2003
    The level will be Coruscant Arena 1.. you can get it on massassi.net
    The force level will be 2

My IP address is 68.82.16.104

I'll start the game at precisely 5:00 PM board time.. not a minute later or earlier. But it'll take a minute to set it up so try to join around 5:03 PM PST.

11. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Wow, that's pretty exact there, my friend.

Why not just start setting it up at 4:57 board time, then you'll have your exactly 3 minutes to have it up and running by exactly 5 PM board time?

12. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    Why not just start setting it up at 4:57 board time, then you'll have your exactly 3 minutes to have it up and running by exactly 5 PM board time?

O.K. Good point. I'll do that. Uh.. 31 minutes til teh game.

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
  14. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    Hmm. Only one person came.

And, unfortunately, about 6 minutes after playing, I had to go downstairs for dinner and for my brother to open his presents (it's his birthday today .. he's now 20). And, uh, after that, he left (he being Anakin Wannabe, I believe it was ... not my brother). I'll be back here at about 7:30 PST.. incase someone wants to play tonight. Otherwise, I can play a TFN game sometime tomorrow.

15. The_Anakin_Wannabe

Jan 21, 2003
    Sorry about that [face_blush] I seemed you and me were the only ones that were coming. I did wait around for an hour. I can tell ya, it's a boring map when it's just you playing :)

BTW thanks for killing me when I was setting up some keys :mad: :p

16. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    BTW thanks for killing me when I was setting up some keys

..oh. Oops. It was a slow death, though. I used the fist. I was wondering why you were looking up.

It's an awesome map, though, for any multiplayer use. Especially with 4+ people.

I'll be available to play tomorrow at 8 PST, though. That's 11 PM my time. Long after dinner. And tomorrow is no special occassion, for which I need to be downstairs.

17. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Would you want to do it an hour earlier? (7 PST)

I'd come in for a while for some good old time fun. :) Can someone just gimme teh quick lowdown on doing hte level packs... Just basicallyu what folder do I drag them into? I forget... (It's been a long time)

THanks. :)

18. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    Would you want to do it an hour earlier? (7 PST)

I'd come in for a while for some good old time fun. Can someone just gimme teh quick lowdown on doing hte level packs... Just basicallyu what folder do I drag them into? I forget... (It's been a long time)

THanks.

Completely forgot about last night, lol. Anyway, seeing as you posted that this morning, yeah, I can play at 7 PST tonight (10 my time). You drag it in C --> Program Files --> LucasArts --> Jedi Knight --> Episode. (I just drag all the files from the zip in there. So, from all my extra levels, I have like 45 readme files in there. LOL.)

I guess same specs as the last game but different date and time of day. Same IP, same level, same rules, etc, etc.

19. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I'd come in for a while for some good old time fun. Can someone just gimme teh quick lowdown on doing hte level packs... Just basicallyu what folder do I drag them into? I forget

Or you could just use patch commander...

20. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    I've a question.

Why don't people on TFN tend to play Jedi Outcast? It's got cooler moves with the saber, better graphics, better sound, you can have bots in a multiplayer game (if you're waiting for people to join or if it's a 2 person game and someone will BRB, etc.) and there's a lot more settings. And stuff.

Is it because some people don't own the game, some people don't have a good enough computer to run JO with good resolution, etc.?

Oh, and the jump turns into a force jump. Big improvement over JK. Because I tend to use force run a lot, and when I do, if I use force jump once (through the F5 shortcut in JK), then I press F for force speed, it jumps. Then I need to set it back to speed. But the force thing in JO stays on speed. But, I will admit: I prefer the force speed in JK than in JO.

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    We have our own JO server.

The reason no-one plays much is that no-one regularly schedules games.

If someone would do that, I'd play as often as possible.

Anyway in 2 weeks, the place will be full of JA games. :D

22. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Basically what JP said, we used to be playing JO every weekend, and alot in the summer and such, but, I think we burned out. We still play every now and then, and we still have the dedicated server.

The whole JK games are basically for nostalgia.

And, as JP said, once JA is out, there should be a resurgence.

23. AWB1989

Jul 3, 2002
    We have our own JO server.

Oh? "I wasn't notified."

Anyway in 2 weeks, the place will be full of JA games.

Ah. But it's running at $50 when it comes out, so I'm not getting it AT LEAST until it's only $40. $50 for an expansion of a game?

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I play JO at least 3 or 4 times a week for an hour or two. Before or after homework or something if I don't go out with peoples.

I haven't played JK in ages, dude.

Oh, and play on the "hunting wabbits" server... It's the best. :)

25. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    ^
    |
    Ignore him. He changes servers more than he changes underpants. :p

The TFn server details are here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.