Weekly news from Mod Squad, week ending 17 February 2002

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Commander Antilles, Feb 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Jotun_Denial Jedi Youngling

Glasnost und Perestroika NOW

2. Ben_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    I forget what that means. I know it has something to do with the Revolution of Russia ?[face_plain]
  3. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I think this is a nice idea. It gives you an idea of what goes on behind-the-scenes and hopefully it tames some of the paranoid kids in here.
  4. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    i acept blame for the russian theme this thread has taken

be gentle
  5. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    Pravda! Pravda! Pravdapravdapravda! That's fun to say. :D

Okay, I also would like to say that this a nice idea. I'll certainly be checking the weekly news regularly.
  6. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is a great idea for a thread, although I can't live without my weekly Mod Squad updates at Episode-X. :p

Btw what's up with Juton_Denial? Is the the same guy as the normal Juton I've seen? Juton_Dutol or something?
  7. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    He's a sock, and not Jotun's.

And you're going to have to live without your Episode-X updates.

Vertical
  8. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Vert, you did realize I was joking about Episode-X, right? I don't even go there.
  9. Cinca Jedi Knight

star 1
  10. snap-hiss Force Ghost

star 5
    And you're going to have to live without your Episode-X updates.

Does that mean you solved the problem?

!snap
  11. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    We'll see in the long run. DP is now resorting to making up even more than he did before, and re-posting news. A pretty good indication that he has nothing new to look at.
  12. Jotun_Denial Jedi Youngling

"DP is now resorting to making up even more than he did before"

P.P.O.R.
    When the did darthpsychotic ever make up stuff regarding the Mod Squad, the mailing list, or the secret Mod Squad?

Seems like you have a point to make, though. So make it or leave me alone.

13. Gandalf the Grey Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I think this weekly report is a good idea.

Discussed the problem of JavaScript pop-ups (after some members abused the scripting, causing browsers to crash) and possible solutions/avenues of action.

[face_blush]

14. Old_Brown_Shoe Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree with the wizard! :p This has the potential to do some good.
  15. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Jotun_Denial- Oh so you're sam_rson@hotmail.com, telling us not to make DarthSapient a mod at any cost? Interesting. You know, credibility usually comes when you're willing to put your real identity on the line when you make a comment, instead of hiding like a coward behind an anonymous face. Then again, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it. I predict in a few days you'll have little ability to say anything, at all. I think the only PP you need is that dp has editorialized everything, and now is doing it more than ever. He's been careful in slipping in false words along with real ones, but now that he has run out of dialogue, he's going to try and do it more than ever. Where he does that, doesn't really concern me. The whole thing, doesn't concern me. What kind of people give so much attention to a teenager begging for attention? I'll tell you: losers.
  16. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Although it's been said here many times already, I want to make it know to the Mods and forum leaders that I think this thread and the future Weekly News is a really great idea. I am a person who believes VERY strongly in communication and something like this makes things run a lot smoother.

I have never felt like there was some sort of conspiracy going on here to do whatever, but I also never really knew what was going on and even who the leaders of the JC and theforce.net were. I think this type of communication will help greatly. Don't listen to these people who are crying foul for one reason or another... they seem to have forgotten that there is a world outside of the internet.
  17. Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Master

star 4
    this is a step towards the right direction

now, if only we could get Tern and Bob back....
  18. Spiderdevil Jedi Master

star 4
    This may have been asked already. If so, I missed it and apologize for the redundancy.

Will there be a new thread each week? Or will this one simply be updated on a weekly basis?
  19. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    I think there's going to be a new one each week.
  20. Spiderdevil Jedi Master

star 4
  21. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
    How coincidental, I was just about to ask the same question, Spiderdevil! I was thinking that if the mods were to post weekly updates in here, it would get lost on one of the pages. It's good to know that a new thread will be started every week. In that case, we'll be able to respond to the issues in each "edition" of this thread.

I think it's a good idea to have the mods share with us some of the information that is going on behind the scenes. While I realise that this probably will not include the most important matters, it's still good to know part of the news. Thank you! :)
  22. jasman Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    We also wanted to show people that the vast majority of what goes on in the Mod Squad is very mundane day-to-day business stuff. Nothing really dramatic at all.
  23. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    I'd like to thank the moderators for starting this newsletter. It's a great idea, and I look forward to the next one.
  24. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    what do you mean nothing dramatic, jas?

rumour has it that the layout of the modsquad has your speedo pic incorporated all over the place.

unlike the rest of the crap we have seen, THAT is the drama that we want a piece of :p
  25. Missninfan Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yes, thank you all. This was my great idea. :D

I take full credit.

;)
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.