Weekly news from Mod Squad, week ending 24 February 2002

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Commander Antilles, Feb 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, the Mods seem to close threads with fury if they are redundant. An offical thread or at least a single thread would keep all the ideas in one place.
  2. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Its more the idea that a thread will encourage member input.
    At the moment, its up to the member, if they think that maybe, perhaps, if its the right mod, they might PM them, and hope to not look stupid.

If you have a thread, then it may encourage brainstorming. Give them a place to throw out the ideas and maybe find some support for them.
  3. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    If I may ask, what are the new boards?
  4. Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    No, you may not

Actually, there does seem to be a new board, which has been up for well over 12 hours.

Perhaps a new FF board?
  5. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    It will also be a big help if you guys post a summary of the discussions in addition to just the topics. I appreciate the fact that there are some things the admins do not want to discuss publically, hence the fact that their board is private, but it would be nice to hear what sort of decisions are being made whenever the admins deem it possible.
  6. Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    The new boards were started by The Gatherer in the Literature category and FanForce.
  7. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    FYI The new Fanforce forums that were created in the last week are:

Greece
    Finland
    Cleveland, OH

If you have any questions about Fanforce, feel free to PM me or check the FAQ
  8. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    You know an announcement would have been nice.

9. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    I 2nd what farraday said. I wondered what the new boards were when I logged in today. ;)

~*~Bria
  10. Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    You guys are something. If someone had a gun to my head I wouldn't be able to tell them how many forums we have. :p
  11. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
  12. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    Yeah, I don't think I've ever looked at the total number of forums.

Vertical
  13. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    It's a number thats there and you get used to it after awhile and then one day it's different and you notice. Stop trying to make us sound wierd and ... wierd.

We can't help it if you mods are just unobservant. :p
  14. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    I appreciate the fact that there are some things the admins do not want to discuss publically, hence the fact that their board is private, but it would be nice to hear what sort of decisions are being made whenever the admins deem it possible.

Yes, what DLM said. I do appreciate what the admins are doing with this newsletter, and I do appreciate that there are some, if not many, topics that cannot be discussed here, and I also appreciate that we do not have any particular right to know. That having been said, the whole point of this was to further trust between mods and non-mods, correct? A long list of brief and vague points of discussion does nothing to make me trust the mods more or less. A shorter, but more explicate list would do a lot more good. Bring up and discuss things here that you can discuss, and don't bring up the things you can't.

That's my thoughts on the matter, anyway.
  15. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, I drew up the first report but it got altered heavily because my esteemed colleagues thought it was too much information, the ungrateful so and so's! :p
  16. NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    LOL, CA! ;)

Maybe we can try that format again, and just leave out the security-sensitive info.
  17. PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling

star 5
    That format sucked! So-and-so has absolutely no idea what he's doing.

[face_mischief] [face_laugh]
  18. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    ND......any luck on tracking Buttsteak down yet?
  19. KitFist0 Force Ghost

star 4
    whats the PSA ? ? ? ?
  20. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I odn't understand the need to know everytime a new forum is started. Most of the time its just a new Fan Force board.

Its not as though they're starting the "Super-Cool Awesome Hot Chicks and Free Money!" board.
  21. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I can't believe my one little mention of buttsteak has caused such a sensation. I would love access to post through him. [face_laugh] I'd also like access to Farting Goose, but I'll work on one favor at a time.
  22. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    buttsteak is your guardian angel
  23. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Regarding the new Literature boards, they actually aren't yet new "official" boards yet.

They are (or were in the case of Books) just in the trial phase.

It seems that the new Author/Artist boards will be a keeper, while the new Books board went belly-up.

The Gatherer (as well as Lord Bane) has indeed been notifying members of the Lit. community regarding the proposed changes throughout the entire process. The entire JC will be notified through a post here in JC Comm IIRC when a final decision has been made.

Everything is still in the trial period, and the Gatherer has a final feedback thread before the final decision is to be made in Lit.
  24. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    I hardly go into Lit anymore, I'm so behind on my reading.

Once again, I'd like to thank the mods for the update.

Any chance we can get some more details on your discussion of the Fine Arts Forum. What's the prevailing sentiment right now on it?
  25. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Its not as though they're starting the "Super-Cool Awesome Hot Chicks and Free Money!" board.

Hey, DDH is right! I demand the mods start a "Super-Cool Awesome Hot Chicks and Free Money!" board.
    :D
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.