main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Weekly Task 1 - [Insert Funny Title Here]

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by Katya Jade, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Essays. Hmm?kinda reminds me of the first day of school when the teacher makes you write about your summer vacations. Mine were always pretty boring. ;)

Well, my name is Kate and I?m 34 years old (which should explain the gratuitous 70?s teen idol references). I?ve been married to the best guy in the world for 12 years and we live in the San Francisco Bay Area where I recently relocated back to from Boardman, Ohio. Trust me, I don?t miss the snow, but the earthquakes take a little getting used to.

I?ve been a Human Resources Manager for about 10 years and only recently decided to step back and get out of the corporate grind. I work part time at my church in the Children?s Ministry which is just incredibly fulfilling. MBA? Bah! I want to make macaroni necklaces instead! :p

Acting and theater has been my passion for the majority of my life ever since I was in that Golden Bear Pancake House commercial at age 6. I still say that I should have gotten that Little House on the Prairie gig ? Melissa Gilbert didn?t have anything on my pigtails! :mad: I was with a theater company in Ohio and am working with a small one out here as well. I?m hoping that my part time work will allow me to pursue my acting more. Being in the SF area, there?s a lot of opportunity for television and film work but I?m not sure how much I have the desire to go after that at this point, but we?ll see.

My biggest hope at this point in my life is just to be content and, God willing, start my family in the next few months. It?s amazing that after all the work to get my education and be successful in business that my major desire is just to be a mother and build relationships with others. That?s actually been the most fulfilling thing about being at the JC. I?ve made some awesome friends here and I?m really thankful to be able to get to know more people by participating in the BB game.

I?m sure I should probably put more in here, but I?m old and can't remember much anymore. :p

Me...[image=http://www.freewebz.com/dantooinebase/members/katyajade.jpeg]

Now, if you?ll excuse me, I?ll begin my Tribute to 70?s Teen Idols thread?

2. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Hey, David Cassidy was cute back in the day! :D

3. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I always thought of Gil Gerard from Buck Rodgers as a pretty sexy 70s guy. Not that he was in the 70s, he was way in the future. And I only thought he must have been good looking from all the hot chicks in the future who liked him.

I really hope everyone will be attractive and wear those skin-tight outfits in the future. And have sidekicks with feathers for hair and a robot buddy that says "biddy biddy biddy".

4. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hehe, you know, Kat, you're a very, very great person. :) It's going to be fun talking to you again and hanging around. :)

~ James

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    My biggest hope at this point in my life is just to be content and, God willing, start my family in the next few months. It?s amazing that after all the work to get my education and be successful in business that my major desire is just to be a mother and build relationships with others. That?s actually been the most fulfilling thing about being at the JC. I?ve made some awesome friends here and I?m really thankful to be able to get to know more people by participating in the BB game.

I'm totally with you there! :) I'm already thinking about having a family, and I'm not even officially engaged yet. [face_blush] It's totally important for me to be there, because I can remember my mom switching fields of medicine to spend more time with me. I want to have that time with my kids and then some. I'll be one of those crazy sports moms. ;)

Jae Angel

6. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Actually, John, I was more of a Thom Christopher "Hawk" kind of gal. I mean, how can you overlook the inherent sexiness of those feathers? [face_love]

Thanks James. :)

edit - I hear you Jess. I feel that it's more of a priority for me to raise my kids than spend 80 hours a week in an office.

7. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I have a feeling we met before, Kate.

;)

Keep working on that family, and have a great time!

8. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Hi Casper! Yes, I have the strangest feeling we've met somewhere before. :p

9. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    I used to have a crush on ol' Hawk too. A non-sexual crush, of course. Because I like the ladies. But not back then though, they had cooties.

10. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Some of them still do John...

11. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Katya_Jade, you said that the theatre and acting are one of your passions, so I was wondering whether or not you've ever seen or heard of a play called The Woman in Black? I know it's been running over here for almost ten years, and is a brilliant example in a completely minimalist play that's still incredibly effective and at some moments, extremely shocking and scary, so have you ever seen it?

12. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Hmmm...can't say that I have Steve (and call me Kate or Kat, by the way :) ). I'd be interested to read it, can you give me the author's name?

13. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I think it's written by Susan Hill. I'm always rubbish at explaining the plot, but it's set in 19th century England, and is about a young solicitor who has to travel up to a remote village in Scotland to go to a funeral of a client. While he's there, he discovers a terrible secret. But that's all I'm telling you!

And thanks, Kat :D ! I would say you can call me Steve, but you do that anyway. :p

14. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Cool! I found a few sites for the book and play on the internet already. Looks like a great piece. I'll try and order a copy of the play. :D

Thanks Steve. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.