main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Weekly Task #6 - Let's Organize!

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Jobo, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    Okay then, this is what we have set for us:

[blockquote][b][i]Quote:[/i][/b]
    HMs,

Wow, we're up to the 6th task already. Time flies.

This task is entitled, [b]The Fun and the Serious[/b]. It will test both the fun and the serious side of each of you.

[b]The Fun...[/b]

For the fun half, you all have to choose 3 different web based games that everyone can participate in. (For example, Scrabble at Yahoo.) Then, for the next 4 days, you can play as many of the 3 games as you want with whoever's online at any given time. (You may want to start a "Let's play a game NOW!" thread or something, and post in it when you're available for a game with someone)

Once the 3 games have been selected, the points system can be worked out.

For the group to win this section of the task, all HMs [b]and[/b] Intruders must play at least 5 games of each during the week.

Additionally, there will be individual points awarded to the overall winner of the games, along with colours for a day. 2nd and 3rd will also win individual points.

[b]... and the Serious[/b]

For the serious half, each HM [b]and[/b] Intruder must make [i]one[/i] of the following threads:

1. Creation vs. Evolution
    2. The Middle East Conflict
    3. Drugs (The War on, Legalisation, etc)
    4. The Role and Purpose of Religion (Personal opinions)
    5. The Universe and Beyond (Other planets, solar systems, life?)
    6. US Foreign Policy
    7. History thread (Ancient and Modern, Empires, Dictators, etc)
    8. Cloning, IVF -- how far is too far?
    9. Movie Discussion Thread*
    10. Book Discussion Thread**

... and each HM and Intruder is expected to [i]actively[/i] be involved in each thread.

Also, the original thread creator should do a small bit of research into the issue, and make the thread in such a way that encourages/demands discussion.

The discussion threads don't have to be wrapped up within the next 4 days. In fact, the longer and more in-depth they are the better.

You also must decide on what percentage of your points you want to wager. (Points Rewards will be announced in 24 hours!)

Any questions concerning the task should be raised in this thread.

-BB

NOTE:

*= Choose a movie before 1970 that no one has seen, rent it out, give a review each, and discuss. (NOTE: You have up to 2 weeks to allow for organisation of this)

**= Choose a book of any description, borrow it from a library, and each HM and Intruder must read a chapter at the same time, allowing time for discussion at the end of each chapter. (NOTE: The book doesn't have to be completed within the week) [b][i]-epic[/i][/b]
    [/blockquote]
    [hr]
    Alright then, that's our task.. First, how many points do we want to wager on the whole thing? Also, what games, yada yada. Okay, um, for games, how about that chess game that the JC was playing (the little JCCCC or something they had...)? That sounds easy enough to get :)
    _jOBO

2. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    How about 0% and we take the week off.

Actually I'll go along with whatever everyone else wants.

3. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Games -- not a clue. I haven't played games since the Atari 2600. I only know the Penguin game. But thank God for jp-30!

EDIT: On-line games HERE. But you'll have to sign up, goddammit. And more can be found HERE.

Serious -- I'll take "2. The Middle East Conflict" unless someone else passionately wants to do this one. But I reckon this is the one no one wants.

So we'll have to pick three games that can be played on-line, and the rest is just discussion stuff.

I say we bet 40% again.

Bien! Gotta run, I'll be back later today.

4. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    I'll do serious question #4: Role of Religon

As for the games, I don't know much about that, so i'll leave it up to you, to tell me what I should do. Just point me in the direction of the games, and I'll play.

5. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Let's just do the yahoo games. They have a good variety and it would make it easier if we stuck to one place.

I don't know which 3 games to play though. Does everybody know how to play chess?

As for the serious side, I'm willing to start pretty much any of the threads, just don't expect Noam Chomsky :p

6. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    I suggest Scrabble and Pool on Yahoo. Most people have a Yahoo account of some kind, and if you don't, it's pretty easy to sign up. You don't have to have an email just to play the games or anything. Plus those two games are pretty fun. There are also some fun Jeopardy games here. Once again, you have to sign up, but it's not too much a pain the ass.

7. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Scrabble and pool sound good to me, although I think Erik is the expert at Yahoo! pool, so we'll have to do chess to balance it out.

;) :D

8. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    Sounds great to me. I haven't played chess in a long time. Should be fun!

9. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999

HMs,

NOTE: The emphasis in the "Serious" side will be placed on the discussion that is created by the thread -- not necessarily how fancy the opening post is. Topic creators will be expected to create and maintain the discussion that follows as part of the task.

-BB

10. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Ah, well that's a load off, thanks BB.

We should probably wait and see if anybody objects to our choice of games Tash, but I can't wait to get started!

:D

11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Once the 3 games have been decided upon, we can work out how they'll be scored and presented for the JC. (Results listed -- screenshots of end result in Scrabble, Chess, etc)

But we can sort out that after you start. So, basically, we've started today, so once you decide on games, go have a game whenever you want!

Also, for each of the games, list the maximum amount of participants possible.

Oh, and in most of these web based games, like Scrabble, it includes a "chat" facility. As part of the task, along with final screenshots, please include the entire chat transcripts of when you guys are having a game. BB is watching!

-BB

12. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    All sounds good to me. You guys want a game of Scrabble just for fun? :D

13. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    The thing I'm confused about BB is that you said we each have to play at least 5 games... but I was wondering if there would be a maximum number as well. Otherwise, the person who plays the most will probably be the winner.

EDIT: yeah Tash, but give me about 10 minutes...

14. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    Ohh that's a good point Tom. Also, was it just 5 games total or 5 games of each game?

15. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I already hate this freaking games thing.

I try to register at Yahoo, something I dread doing anyway, and all I get is this:

Someone else has already chosen any_****ing_name. Please try another Yahoo! ID.

16. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Someone else has already chosen adolf_hitler. Please try another Yahoo! ID.

Insane!

17. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, this sort of thing is kind of a pain in the ass, you're probably going to have to resort to "ReallyHotGuy2348765432679".

18. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yo, I finally found something one of those obsessed pimply games geeks didn't think of: "Edgar_And_Eva".

That's going to be it then.

19. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
  20. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    You are not an
    All-Star Member

Whoa, the hole in my life has been identified!

21. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    And now's your chance to fix it! Seize the day Casper!

22. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    Hahahaha! I just used my name, because I was almost sure that wasn't taken. tashi_cardinali :D

23. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    my screen name is sloe_t

Well you guys, should I go ahead and post the index?

24. Jedi Speewwy

Dec 24, 1999
    Yeah, why not? :)

25. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yeah! It looks good. Let's post the monster.

And I don't think it matters if there is any overlapping -- if it does, 9 out of 10 science books are worthless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.