main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WEEKLY TASK #8

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by epic , Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Ok, you folks have had an easy time the last week. Time to get back into action, methinks.

This weeks involves both group and individual tasks, and rewards for each.

INDIVIDUAL

This week, BB introduces you to... THE GAUNTLET (Big Brother Edition)

If you're not sure of how the game is played, check out GAUNTLET 4 for a general idea.

But here's the basic rules:

=============
    THE GAUNTLET
    =============

======
    RULES
    ======

1. The game will occur 3 times a day, with the specific times picked by you guys -- whatever works best for the 7 of you.

2. As soon as it's the pre-determined game time, the game automatically begins.

3. Everyone who plays in any given game must post ONCE only in the first 30 minutes. Once 30 minutes is up, you may re-post -- until the first 20 replies are registered. (the amount can be altered if required)

4. Before the game begins, I will have already chosen 2 numbers at random between 1-20. Whichever user's post lands on the numbers I've secretly picked will have run the gauntlet and FAILED. The result of this failing? Well, I won't ban you guys like the regular game, but you will lose all your accumulated points up until that point.

5. Each post in the first 30 minutes is worth 2 points, each post after 30 minutes is worth 1. There will also be 2 BONUS numbers which double the points.

6. The game will run from today until Thursday. The top 4 housemates will then move into the Semi's, and then the Final, both to be played on Friday.

7. The BB GAUNTLET winner will recieve a NOMINATION FREE card, (which basically means the winner is immune from being nominated for next week), plus the prestige of joining Gen. Madine's Hairpiece, Pyrus,Genghis12 and Jedi knight Pozzi as GAUNTLET Champions.

And:

GROUP

As a group, you must:

1. Create your own JC game, in the same spirit as the GAUNTLET, Mafia, etc. (Yes, the same thing as last week, but now it's part of the task)

2. Start 2 NEW individual threads EACH per day -- 1 personal thread and 1 thread of any other subject.

... and, well, the points system is scrapped. Instead, if you complete the task successfully, you'll be allowed to invite another sleepover guest next week -- for 2 nights instead of 1. How's that sound? Am I nice or am I nice?

That's it for now, peoples. Remember, pick 3 times for the GAUNTLET to run each day -- whatever time is best for all of you. The GAUNTLET will begin officially tomorrow.

-BB

2. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Weekly task, shmeekly task. [face_plain]

;) :p :D

3. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I'll have to reread this a couple of times -- je suis néerlandais!

4. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm not and it's still pretty confusing. I think I get it now though, the hardest part will be deciding on three times when pretty much all of us are on-line.

5. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yeah. I think the only time we're all (might be all) online is around 4 / 5 pm board time.

6. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah I think around 5:00 board time is probably the best time, but we still have to come up with two more times during the day.

7. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    How about 4, 5, and 6 PM board time? :p
    _jOBO
    And I'm not entirely sure I get the thread oart of the task...

8. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Actually, something like that might make the most sense except that I think Erik is usually asleep then, so that wouldn't really be fair to him.

The thread part is fairly simple I think. We all have to start two threads per day, one has to be a personal thread involving some aspect of our own lives, the other can be anything we want.

9. Jobo

Aug 14, 2000
    Do you mean the house as a whole starts 2, or each person starts two? If each person, that will be easy :)
    _jOBO

10. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Hmmm yeah, I guess that part wasn't very clear. I took it to mean that we each had to start two threads per day, but now I'm not so sure.

11. Jobo

Aug 14, 2000
    Well, I assume he means each. Anyone mind if I start one, or should I wait until tomorrow?
    _jOBO

12. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Well, it says "2 individual threads EACH", so knowing what I know about English, that means we're all going to have to come up with two threads.

As for inventing a game: bah.

13. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah it's got to be each person, and I'm assuming we're supposed to start today so go for it Bo.

As for the game, I agree with Casper :D

Maybe we can just roll with Meg's idea.

14. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Look. It's a weekly task!!!

15. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    The shed, Erik! ;)

16. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    I agree, any time after 5 pm board time for the Gauntlet game would probably accomodate the most people. I can't get online any time before that on weekdays.

17. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    I think epic might just have to pick three times for us and whoever can make it will. But definitely one of the times should be around 5:00.

As for the two threads per day, we were each supposed to do that every day right? I don't think Casper got that part, or was that not supposed to start until tomorrow as well?

18. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Well, if that starts tomorrow, count mine for then.

I must have missed that part. That's what I get for jumping around the first post. :p

19. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Well he only actually said that the gauntlet starts to start tomorrow, but I think the whole thing should just start tomorrow, in which case we could count mine, Meg's and Bo's for tomorrow as well.

:D

20. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    14 new threads per day. Eep. This place is going to get crowded!

21. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    I kind of thought it was a bit much too. That's 70 new threads by friday!

22. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    I know! I wish we could do something else besides start new threads.

23. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, I'm kind of running out of personal threads... you guys already know pretty much everything there is to know about me. And as far as discussing "other" things goes we do that all the time anyway. We don't need to start a new thread to discuss something, I think we're pretty good at having conversations.

:D

Oh well, we're pretty wiped out here, didn't get much sleep last night so i think we're going to call it a night. See you tomorrow! :)

24. Silmarillion

Jul 20, 1999
    Good night. :)

Try and think of something personal to tell us tomorrow. ;)

25. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Okay so we don't have to start making threads until tomorrow? I'll probably do some tonight anyway if I think of something, but just in case the internet dies again or something, it's fine if I don't have two threads up by tonight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.