main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WEG Boxed Set Question?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Darth_Kevin, Jun 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I saw on some web site the meniton of a Corporate Sector boxed set by WEG? Has anyone else heard of this, or actually have it?

2. Jim

Jim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1998
    WEG did a hardcover book covering the Corporate Sector (based on the two Han Solo novels by Brian Daley).

No boxed set that I know of. There was a Farstryder Campaign boxed set, but it wasn't set in the CS.

Hope that helps.

3. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Yes, I knew about the Han Solo and the Corporate Sector hardcover book, and the DarkStryer Campaign boxed set.

I just did not ever hear of a Corporate sector boxed set. Was it maybe a planned boxed set that got cancelled?

4. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    I've heard about it before, but I think it was suppose to be one of their later projects.

5. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Darth Kevin, from what I understand, there was some preliminary planning for a Corporate Sector Authority campaign set - I assumed it would be similar to the Darkstryder Campaign, in terms of a Box set followed by supplements. The research aspect was probably started, but I doubt there was much work beyond that. (However, we'll never know!).

At the time of this planning, WEG ran into their Reorganization/Financial problems and subsequently, the SW RPG license expired, and changed hands to Wizards of the Coast.

You'll might find a 2-3 page Corporate Sector vignette by WEG in one of the Star Wars Galaxy Magazines. But other than the CSA Sourcebook, there's NOT really anything else. (Sometimes SWAJ's or other WEG supplements might have a vehicle or droid from the CSA, but there's nothing published that I'm aware of that comes close to your description).

Best,

Ana V

6. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Do you know where you learned about the preliminary planning? Was there some info in a WEG source?

7. tmihah

tmihah Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    When WEG was effectively shutting down on itself, I was told that they were planning on producing only a few products in the coming year. One was an unnammed sourcebook (which I always assumed was a Rogue Squadron book) and the other was a possible campaign set. At the time I had heard rumors that it was going to be a corporate sector item but I think it later became the Tapani Sector Set. Its been years so I'm not sure.

8. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Told by who?

9. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Darth Kevin,

I don't know if you have the Star Wars Adventure Journals, but you might want to check the "ISB Intercepts" feature in all of those SWAJ's. There's at least one that talks about proposed supplements and current projects. Among those I think there was information about the Corporate Sector Authority box set and a decision NOT to do the Lando Calrissian Trilogy sourcebook. There's was probably talk about Cracken's Threat Dossier and how if that supplement did well, that WEG intended to do more projects similar to CTD.

[P.S. - Tmihah, I've sent you a Personal Message requesting help!!!]

It was my understanding that the Rogue Squadron Sourcebook along with two additional SWAJ's - # 16 & # 17 - were finished. However, several opinions and posts that I've seen on this website - along with other websites - dispute that notion.

I'm pretty sure somewhere in the Far Orbit Project there's a throwaway reference to SWAJ # 18 - if anything, that throwaway reference will be insightful to the overall theme of SWAJ # 18 (i.e., "smugglers", "bounty hunters", etc.)

Take care DK, I hope the comic's reference list is coming along well!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.