main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WEG D6 Question about the construction of lightsabers.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Darth_Laudrup, Sep 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    I am running a campaign in a post ROTJ setting and we are starting again after a long break. The setting is my own version of the Post ROTJ galaxy so this question is only about lightsabers.

One of my players play a Jedi and I suspect he would want to create his own lightsaber for the first time.

I have decided that if a Jedi fights with a lightsaber constructed by him or her self the Jedi gets +1D when using that particular Lightsaber to parry.

The question is how a Jedi constructs a lightsaber according to the WEG rules? Do any of you have any house rules about this?

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    "A lightsaber must have the following parts: a power cell, a handgrip, and activation plate, a safety, a belt ring (optional), a blade-length adjuster, an emitter matrix, a recharge socket, a lens assembly, a focusing crystal, and a power conduit. Most handgrips have a length of 24 to 30 centimeters, with the blades themselves extending up to 1.5 meters.

The type of crystal used to focus the energy from the power cell determines the harmonic resonance and lethality of the weapon. Jedi Knights use Adegan crystals almost exclusively, as they have done for millennia. The Adegan family includes the following crystals in order of rarity (the die code in parentheses represents the blade?s base damage when using that crystal): kathracte (3D+2), relacite (4D), danite (4D+2), mephite (5D), and pontite (5D+2).

To construct a lightsaber form it?s components parts takes a minimum of one month and requires a successful lightsaber repair roll against a Very Difficult difficulty. Decrease the difficulty by one level for each extra month spent building the saber, to a minimum of Easy.
    "

I wouldn't give an extra 1D for a personal lightsaber, it's a potentially huge advantage, rather... I'd think about decreasing the difficulty for activating (or even keeping up) part or all of the lightsaber combat power.

3. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    THe length adjustment isn't normally a requirement. Most of the novels and texts refer to variable blade lengths as being more difficult to construct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.