main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WEG Force Power Query

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi_Matt, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Question -

I've been wracking my brains but can't think of where I've seen it.

Force power - Fire creation / manipulation.

I know it was covered by WEG but I need to know a) what book and b) what Force tradition practiced it?

My books are all boxed up :(

My very first thought was that it was to do with the witches of Dathomir but I think that it was a feline race that practiced it, I'm not sure why, just a hunch...

Tiger rings a bell. again, not sure why... if it's something to do with the species then that rules out Trianii and Togorians, I don't think Cathar existed at the time.

My initial thought of Dathomir is to do with the possibility of it being a 'spell'.

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I think I know the power you're thinking of. It's the Ta-Ree spell Manipulate Flame. You can find it in the WEG supplement Darkstryder: Endgame.

3. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Cheers JediAlly, that's the puppy.

Damn... not really a Force power. That settles that discussion!

4. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Well, first off, I recall in the JJK series, Anakin and Tahiri made a game of using the Force to ignite torches, so there's evidence that there is a Force power that does what you're seeking. Either it started out as a Force power, or Luke and his students learned about the Ta-Ree spells and managed to recreate some of them. Second, I managed to make a Jedi counterpart for the spell I mentioned. I can PM you what I created.

5. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Thanks JediAlly, don't worry about the details.

It was for a discussion about whether or not using the Force to create flames had ever been canonised (new word!).

6. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Should be in The Jedi Academy Sourcebook. It had all for force powers in one place (finally!!!)

7. JediAlly

Oct 31, 2000
    Are you referring to the Jedi Academy Trilogy sourcebook or the Tales of the Jedi Companion? I can tell you that in either case, the power in question didn't appear.

8. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    Oh yeah, Tales of the Jedi Companion.
    Easy to get them mixed up. Sadly, Kevin J. Anderson is one of those writers who shouldn't be allowed outside kiddie comic books. Why he was allowed to write any Star Wars novel targeted above tweener/teenagers is beyond my comprehension.

9. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    I have both the books in question and can't access any of them at the moment which is why I had to ask here, I also have Darkstryder in it's entirety but can't access them, they're boxed up miles away at the moment.

10. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    Well, that sounds rather inconvenient.

11. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    You're telling me! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.