WEG Help

Discussion in 'Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by CountJared, Apr 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountJared Jedi Master

star 3
    Does anyone know anything about the "Best of the Adventure Journal 1-4"? Does it have any original info not contained in the Adv Journals themselves?
  2. E_Greyshadow Jedi Youngling

star 2
  3. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Another Saga & CT Manager

Manager
    star 6
    What is this thing you're talking about and where did you see it?
  4. CountJared Jedi Master

star 3
    It's a WEG sourcebook. I've seen it in various WEG order lists. Specifically I've seen it for sale on Ebay and swseller.com. It says something to the extent of "Original material by Zahn and Tyers". But does it mean completely original, or just original compared to people who haven't read the AJs? Also, are they stories or just scenario ideas?
  5. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn The Another Saga & CT Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Sorry, never heard of it...
  6. LJ Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I have an AJ, and i have read some AJs. It mostly contains stories, adventure ideas, alien encounters and stats.
  7. Sturm Antilles Former Manager

star 6
    I've seen it. It's nothing that's not printed somewhere else. It's just a recap of the AJ's best adventures and short stories 1994-95. I think the Zahn story is First Contact, and the Tyers one is Tinian On Trial.

The only good thing about buying this ( if you don't have any AJ's ) is the author interviews about their stories and articles preceding each section ( interesting ), and some nice high-quality-paper color artwork by Chris Gossett that was in some of the AJs ( The Pentastar Alignment art is in there, I remember. )

Not worth more than $ 10 if you see it.
  8. CountJared Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks. Appreciate the info.
  9. BrianMan Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Get them if you can find them. They're rather like some parts of the new Star Wars Gamer magazine. But there are a lot of unique stories in them, that you probably can't get anywhere else.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.