main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WEG No Evil SW character clause.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Boba_Luke_Duke, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    ? Was I the only one that said sure I don't mind being the indian in cowboys and indians or the robber in cops and robbers?

Villian in starwars tended to have the best outfits. It makes sense for players to want to try play as the villians. Yeah Starwars is about the good guys but that still doesn't mean that there wouldn't have been interest in playing the bad guys as well.?

You are one of the few. I have known others who would rather play bad-guys, but I am certainly not one of them, not do I allow players in my games to play them. The vast majority of players wanted to pay the heroes, this was also LFL?s and WEG?s intents when they created the game, and the universe in general. It?s about good triumphing over evil. If you?re playing the bad-guy, then eventually you will be defeated in the end. I don?t know of anyone who wants that to happen to their character.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well said, Tramp.

3. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    You know Tramp, it's not very often we agree here, but you are right on.
    Of course you should work that whole bold type face thing though.

4. psychokillermike

psychokillermike Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Playing evil is a break from playing good guys all the time. Your evil character dose not have to die by being beaten by a "good guy", it could be a bad guy or totally redemed.

5. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    I do not know if it is still in print but for those who wish to play evil characters try and use WEG ?D6? book. I found that when a few players whishes to be a bad guys it?s hard. But if you play a borderline or gray character it?s much harder to go ether way. I like to give my player choices and let them pick the path they wish to play. I like WEG dark Empire book, that?s a great dark time to play a character and also when you GM a group who is playing a bunch of evil doers, they must suffer the consequences in the end!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.