main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WEG Roleplaying Guide Ist edition

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Eyrezer, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Does anyone here have it? I am looking for information on a character called Gerrick that is mentioned briefly in there. He learns to be a Jedi during the Galactic Civil War. I don't know if he is a player example or what.

Please help...

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Try asking in the Rancor Pit forums, their dedicated to the WEG system. Someone there may have the answer you seek. All I've got is the 2nd edition, revised and expanded corebook, 1st and 2nd editions of Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, the DE sourcebook, the Light Freighters book, the Live adventures book, Imprieal Entanglements miniatures book, and the GM screen. The character you ask about isn't mentioned in any of those, and I don't recall seeing them in the character stats over at Rebel Roleplayers Alliance.

3. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Oh, if you have the Game Masters Screen, maybe you can tell me some info about Cheryl Trinji.

I think she is a character in an adventure hook. She is discovered hiding by Jedi students and found to be more Force sensitive than any of them.

A scan would be ideal... ;)

Thanks

4. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    The Adventure is called The Natural, on pages 40 and 41 of the GM screen, which happens to be part of chapter 5: Force Adventures. The synopsis says the following concerning the adventure:

The characters must save a young but powerful Jedi from the forces of the Empire. If they're not careful, she may become more of a threat to them than the minions of the Emperor.

Really not much on Cheryl. She lives in the forest after her folks were killed years before by the Imperial military. She's able to send thoughts to animals as easy as Humans can speak. And she's at a point where if she's not trained she could turn to the dark side. Most of the GM notes deal with what's happening in the adventure. The Empire sent a crack Jedi hunting unit to capture Cheryl, meaning dozens of troops.

5. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Does it mention what planet she is from or what species she is?

6. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Nope. There's just enough info for the GM to set up the adventure. The only hint of a planet mention is in the setup, which says the PCs just completed a trade run to a lightly-populated farming planet and hear about a girl of about seven who has been spotted living in a nearby forest and can control the animals. Obviously it's not a planet like Tatooine or Hoth. From the description of her being able to send thoughts to the animals as easily as humans talk to each other, then we may be lead to assume she's human. However, since her race is not given, the GM could make her just about any race.

7. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Do you know in which books Gerrick is mentioned?

8. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Until I saw the name here I'd never heard of him. In the 2nd, revised and expanded, core book the character used for the chapter on The Force is one Ana Tathis. She's the one who appears to spend time training as a Jedi during the Galactic Civil War. Her master was a "Lady Caryn", at least that's how she was known in Ana's village. Ana's homeworld is not mentioned, but the picture's they give of her clearly say she's human.

9. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    From the CUSWE, for Gerrick it gives the reference Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, First Edition (WEG).

I don't have that, only the 2nd edition.

The reason I'm wondering is for a fan project (what else) of possible Jedi...

EDIT: I found him!! He is the player character example in the Second Edition also. That puts him on the same level as Harlan...

Satisifying...

10. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
  11. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    For those of us interested in the identity of the Original 12 students at the Jedi Academy, Harlan was a name thrown around as a possible student. She is used as a character example in the Jedi Academy Sourcebook and so by association was/is thought by some to be one of the last few unknown students.

I was one of those supporting Harlan's inclusion. Now, having actually seen the text in the JASB I'm not so sure...

12. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Since you've seen the text from that sourcebook you've done me one better.

13. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Knight1192, have a look at http://www.photogra.com/index.cfm/a:670891 and then click Harlan for a cut and past from the JASB.

14. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    Wish there was more there.

15. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    [Double post]

16. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    So do I. The Gerrick text is even worse. It actually has the players name (Dave) and gamemasters (Bill) in there ;)

I posted that one up in the same place.

17. Knight1192

Feb 5, 2000
    But then the example's in the corebook also mention player's and GM's names. And I have yet to see any list of stats for most of the character's used in the examples.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.