main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

WEG/WotC adapting

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Leqsaa, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leqsaa

Leqsaa Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2001
    I know this question must've already popped up somewhere on this board but I'm too lazy to search... :)

Are all the WEG books fully adaptable to the new WotC rules ?

It's been a long time since I've played and I didn't hear about the new edition until a few days ago.
    And I thought maybe someone on the board could help me.

I still have some WEG campaigns and stuff I'd like to use but I wan to know if I can play them w/ the new rules

Thx (1138) anyway 4 the help ;)

2. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Not a chance. I have one adventure set-up in the WEG system and I've put over 30 hours to convert it without finishing. They are offically compatable, but unoffically they aren't.

3. Leqsaa

Leqsaa Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2001
    dam! that sucks.

You mean ALL the WEG books (and there were a LOT) are now outdated and I can just throw them away or keep playing with the old rules (and never use the sourcebooks which are supposed to be really good).

It wasn't good enough for WotC to pollute the RPG world w/ Magic: The Gathering now they have to ****-up my favorite RPG Universe.

I'm gonna have to start playing White Wolf Games ;)

4. Otto

Otto Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 1998
    I don't think that it is a lost cause. d6 to d20 conversions can be done without to much trouble. I would suggest looking at

www.swrpgnetwork.com

they seem to have some good ideas on conversion.

5. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Yeah, those guys put a lot of work into making it work. I mean WOTC ought to be paying them for doing their job.

6. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    You mean ALL the WEG books (and there were a LOT) are now outdated and I can just throw them away or keep playing with the old rules (and never use the sourcebooks which are supposed to be really good).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Naw - just do what I've done. Scrap the game mechaics and use the information contained within. Really, any GM worth his weight would be able to whip up stats in his sleep - so just use the D20 stats as a guideline and make 'em up as you need them.

Just because the system is diffrent doesnt mean the information is out of date.

7. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Thats true, but it is a lot of work for someone new to the game.

8. El Kabong

El Kabong Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 28, 1999
    No more so than any other area of GM'ing. The fact is, being in the hot seat is a lot of work in the first place. Whipping up a set of stats - especialy when you have a whole bunch of material already in front of you - isnt that much more to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.